Easy But Hard

Will You Wait For Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 28 – “Easy But Hard”

 

Ryeowook sat down on the bench at the playground. It was already dark and only the light from a post shone at the whole place. Still, he just couldn’t believe how coward Leeteuk was. He hates him for being like that – a martyr over her sister.

Sooyoung, whom he called earlier, came at the playground. From behind, she saw her friend sitting at a bench. He was throwing pebbles on the ground and looks upset. She knew something had happened. She still remembers his sad, low voice, indicating that he’s not in a good mood. She slowly approached him and sat down beside him.

“Hey…” she said calmly.

“Hi,” he looked at her friend for a second then continued to throw pebbles. “Did I disturb you?” he asked.

“No, not at all…I just had finished dinner that’s why it took me long.” She said, still not taking her off his friend.

“Is that so?”

“Why did you call me?” she asked.

When all the pebbles in his hands had all been thrown, he leaned on the bench and sighed, “I just needed someone to talk to…if you don’t mind.” He said taking a glance at his friend.

“Hmmm…let me guess, you had a fight with your sister again, right?”

“It’s worse than that…”

“What do you mean? What really happened?” she curiously asked.

“My sister’s boyfriend is in the house…” he said.

Sooyoung widen her eyes at the news, “Your sister is in a relationship? That’s great!” she exclaimed.

“Oh, yeah! Great!” he sarcastically replied.

“Why? You don’t like him?”

“It’s not that…he’s nice and all but…”

“…but what?”

“It’s not that I really don’t like the guy…I was just pissed off with my sister’s best friend.” He continued.

“Leeteuk oppa?”

He nodded.

“Why?”

“The thing is…he’s in love with my sister and my sister’s boyfriend is also his friend from college.”

Sooyoung just listened attentively at his story.

“I just don’t understand his one-sided-love for my sister. He just does everything for the two of them. He’s following everything my sister says. He’s telling me that as long as she’s happy, he’s also happy. How could he be happy if the one he loves is now in the arms of someone else?” he complained.

Sooyoung was just staring at him, listening at every word he says. After hearing Leeteuk’s story from her friend, she remembered how she was also hiding her feelings for Ryeowook. She understands Leeteuk’s situation because they’re in the same boat.

“Honestly,” she spoke, “I understand him.”

Ryeowook, who was surprised at her reply, looked at her friend.

“He doesn’t want his relationship with your sister to be ruined so he chooses to hide his feelings. You might say he’s a fool for doing that but I think he just really loved your sister. Love means not expecting something in return and that’s what Leeteuk oppa’s showing right now and I admire him for that…” she said smiling at him.

“Love means not expecting something in return? That’s insane.”

“You may say that but this thing really happens. There are people who would choose to just stay by their side rather than to keep him or her even if it hurts…”

Ryeowook looked at his friend with confusion, “Hey! Choi Sooyoung, what’s the matter with you? I thought you’re my friend?”

She looked at him with her famous glare, “If you’re thinking just because we’re friends, I’m going to take your side, well, you’re wrong.” She said, “You still have a lot to learn when comes to this kind of topics. You should learn from Leeteuk oppa – he’s mature, he thinks before he acts – not like you, still so childish.”

The young man frowned at what she said, “Alright, whatever you say.” He replied looking away, “At least, this day isn’t really a bad day, I guess…” He smiled reminiscing those moments he spent with Yoona. “…because I saw her today…”

She sighed at the scene, “You’re crazy…” she whispered.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing! I said I need to go. Seohyun must be looking for me. I told her I won’t be long.” She said and stood up.

“Wait! Don’t you want to hear what happened to me the whole day?”

She looked at him, “No! I don’t want to listen to it especially if it’s about ‘that’ girl again. I’d rather sleep than to listen to your stories.” She said annoyingly and then left.

“You’re really the nicest friend I’ve ever had!” he shouted sarcastically while Sooyoung just waved her hand without facing him in reply.

 

“Miyoung, aren’t you ready?” Donghae knocked on her door.

“I’ll be done in a minute.” She replied while his grandma passed by across the room and smiled at her grandson.

“I think she’s looking for a nice thing to wear because it’s her first time to roam around here in Busan.”

“Grandma, we’re just going to the market to buy her some new clothes. She doesn’t really have to wear something…” Miyoung’s door suddenly opened before he was able to finish his sentence.

“I’m ready…” she said stepping out of her room wearing a flower-designed dress with a white jacket on top and a scarf on her neck and her hair laid down straight.

“…beautiful…” He finished. It was his first time to see her wear a dress because she would always wear jogging pants and a shirt inside the house so he was stunned. “Where…did…you get those clothes?” he stuttered while asking her.

“These? Grandma told me that I could look at your sister’s closet and I can wear anything I want…that’s why it took me long to find one.”

Donghae wasn’t actually listening to her because he was totally stunned with her unusual look.

“Oppa?” she called but there was no response, “Oppa?!” she called again and got his attention again.

“Yes?!” he responded.

“Aren’t we going?” she asked.

“Ah, yeah…le—let’s go.” He smiled sheepishly while Miyoung replied with her captivating eye-smile.

 

While they were on their way, Donghae was just looking at her silently while Miyoung noticed him stealing glances at her.

“Ah…” Miyoung said, breaking the silence between them, “is there a problem? Are you angry…that I wore your sister’s clothes without your permission?” she asked.

“No, of course not. Actually…” he paused while Miyoung was just looking attentively at him, “…you look beautiful in that dress. That was my sister’s favorite.”

“Really? That’s a relief. I really thought you were mad at me for wearing this. You must have had a close relationship with your sister.”

“We were really close. She was like…my best friend.” He smiled.

“Can I… ask how she died?” she hesitantly asked.

Donghae became silent.

“I’m sorry for asking you…it’s alright if you don’t answer.”

“It’s alright, besides it’s been a long time ago since she died.” He continued, “My parents and my sister died in a car accident.” After saying those words, Donghae just went silent, still haunted by the pain from the past.

“I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have brought that up…I’m really sorry…”

Donghae shook his head, “It’s alright; you don’t have to apologize. I’m actually happy because they are now in a happy place.” He managed to smile.

 

After a few minutes, they’ve arrived at the market. They sell different things – clothes, shoes, accessories and other necessities that are all affordable.

Donghae was leading the way and looking at every stall they passed by to see if she would need some of it while Miyoung was just following him behind not taking his eyes off of him so she wouldn’t be lost in this crowded place. Donghae stopped at a stall who was selling different kinds of clothes – dresses, blouses, jeans, shirts, skirts and others. He took a few clothes hanging around the stall while the latter was also taking a look at some clothes.

“Let’s see…” He said taking a look if it suits her while he was putting all the clothes he took in front of her. Miyoung was just looking at the clothes and took a glance at him innocently. “Try these on.” He said giving the bunch of clothes to her.

“All of these?” she asked, “But these is too much. I don’t think I could wear all of these and besides I don’t think you should be spending too much just for me.” She looked at him worriedly.

He smiled at her, “Don’t worry, the clothes here aren’t that expensive and you would need those when we move to Seoul. You can’t bring my sister’s clothes with you.”

“But…” she continued but he stopped him and pushed him in front of the fitting room.

“Stop making excuses and try it on.” He said demandingly.

Looking at every clothes she tried on, he was just satisfied that it all fit her. Whatever she wear just makes her stand out from the rest.

After trying it all on, they paid at the cashier and went next to the stall selling shoes. As usual, Donghae was the one who’s taking a pick for her.

“Take a seat.” He commanded her and she obeyed immediately. He knelt down and placed in front of her white high-heeled shoe. He took off the flat shoes she was wearing that surprised her.

“Wait, what are you doing?” she said looking down at him.

“I just wanted you to try these on.” He explained.

“I think I can do that.” She said taking the shoes and wore it in front of him.

“That really suits your girlfriend, sir.” The middle-aged lady

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter