New Acquiantances (Part 1)

Will You Wait For Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday morning at Lee’s house, Donghae and Miyoung are left alone. Taemin attended his class while their grandma works as a fish vendor in the public market at Jagalchi Market. Usually, Donghae would help his grandmother in bringing the fishes on her stall but now with Miyoung, he had to stay home to take care of her.

After breakfast, Donghae brought her back to her room and also went out to wash the dishes and other house chores. While he was washing his truck at their garage, he was unaware that Miyoung was watching her from her room. She was trying to exercise her legs but after a few minutes of standing behind her window, her legs started to get weak. Carefully she sat down on her bed that was just behind her. ‘I wish I could help him…if I were just strong enough to stand…I really want to recover faster…’ she told herself feeling embarrassed that she can’t offer the some help after taking care of her.

It’s been two weeks since she was discharged from the hospital and it’s also two week since she started living with these that she doesn’t even know but was kind-hearted enough to take care of her.

Since the first day she had been with them, Mrs. Lee and Taemin were the ones talking to her and lively enough to have a fun conversation with her but every time she’s with Donghae, she always felt awkward. He would just ask her if she’s feeling fine, if she had taken her medicines or if she needs something, nothing more and nothing less. She rarely sees him smile that makes her even more sad.

After he had finished washing his truck, he continued doing other chores inside the house like sweeping the floor, wiping dust from the furniture and windows. After that, knocked on Miyoung’s room to ask her to take a bath but when no one answered, slowly, he opened the door and saw the girl sleeping. “Maybe I’ll take a bath first.” He told himself. After fifteen minutes or so, Donghae had finished taking a bath and while waiting for her to wake up, he decided to play a song in their piano placed near Taemin’s room and beside the living room. Donghae played his first and last composition before he graduated college. A sweet yet heartbreaking song which he had done for his first love. He opened the piano cover and was trying to remember notes of the song and started off with a beautiful intro.

First Love

nan geudemane oppa geuden namane yeoja
hangsang ne gyote isso julge
nan geudemane oppa dalkomhan uri sarang
oppan noman saranghalle

(I’m only your oppa You’re my only girl
I will be by your side forever
I’m only your oppa The sweet love between us
Oppa only loves you)

 

His soft voice as he was singing the song was heard in the whole wooden house with the beautiful sound of the piano.

ichon yung-nyon iwori-il nege on geu nal hayan nunchorom
geu moseup giokheyo nan jageun geu ttollimmajodo
nege gideoso jamdeun geude dalkomhan immatchumeul

 

(2006 February 2nd The day you walked towards me
I still remember your face as white as snow
the little tremble that came along with me
You who leaned against me, sleeping
the sweet kiss)

 

Donghae closed his eyes as he was remembering those sweet days they had together while singing the song with all his heart.

On the other hand, the girl sleeping in her room was woken up by his sweet voice and wondered who it is. Miyoung slowly stood up and carefully taking some steps until she had reached the door and without a noise, she opened it and saw the owner of that sweet voice. She saw his broad shoulders and was surprised that it was Donghae. She can’t believe that he had that kind of voice and that skill to play piano.

u~~~u~~~ nol saranghe

 

(u~~~u~~~ I love you)

 

He continued to sing not noticing Miyoung is slowly making her step to reach the largest couch in the living room.

saranghe i mal bakken saranghe i mal bakken
jul ge igotppuninde
chang bakke nuni neryo garodeung bulbit are
geu ane nowa nega isso

 

(Apart from the words ‘I love you’ Apart from the words ‘I love you’
I can only give you this
There’s snow outside the window Under the streetlights)

 

Miyoung had already reached the largest couch and was leaning onto it for some support and continued to listen to his voice that every girl would fall for.

 

nan geude mane oppa
geuden namane yeoja
oppan noman saranghalle

(There’s you and me
I’m only your oppa
You’re my only girl
Oppa only loves you)

 

As he had finished the song, he was surprised that someone applauded at his back that caused him to turn around and was more surprised to see Miyoung standing behind him.

 

“I never thought you have a nice voice.” she stopped applauding and smiled at him

“How…long have you been there?” he asked.

“Since you started…ah…” she nearly fell down as her legs couldn’t stand long while Donghae hurriedly went to catch her.

“Are you alright?” he worriedly asked.

She showed him her eye smile, “I’m fine…maybe my legs just needs more exercise…”

“You shouldn’t push yourself too much. You should’ve called me for help.” He scolded as he was holding her waist for support.

“I can’t bear to disturb you while you sing a very beautiful song.” She looked at him with her uncontrollable eye smile again.

“Let’s have a seat on the couch.” He led still holding onto each other for Miyoung not to fall again and slowly led her for a seat.

“Who sang that song? It’s really beautiful…”

“Actually…it was my own composition…” he smiled.

“Really? Wow! You’re a great composer, too. Your girlfriend must be so proud of you…” she exclaimed.

His smile faded when he heard what she had said, “I don’t have a girlfriend.”

“What?” she said with a surprised expression, “You don’t have any? That’s impossible! Every girl that would hear that song would really fall for you…and that song was for your first love, how come you don’t have any girl in mind while writing that song?”

“I really wrote that for my first love but…she’s gone now…” he sadly told her.

“Is…she dead?” she carefully asked.

Donghae smiled, “No, she’s not…we broke up after I graduated college…” he coolly told her.

Miyoung was suddenly brought back at what she heard from the handsome young man, “I’m sorry, I never thought that…”

“Its fine,” he cut her off, “every people have a sad love story and I’m one of them and besides it’s been a long time since it happened so you don’t have to be sorry.” He smiled.

She smiled shyly.

“It’s nearly time for your medicine. We better eat lunch now. Can you stand?” he asked.

“I think so…” she doubted.

“I’ll hold you…” he said offering his hand and helped her stand up. Donghae wrapped his arms around her waist and her hand onto his broad shoulders and slowly they walked to reach the dining table. While making some steps, Miyoung turned her face and was a bit surprised that their face was too close while Donghae was just looking at their feet.

‘Are we really this close now? Are we comfortable with each other now?’ she asked herself.

Donghae also faced her when he noticed that she was staring at him as he felt awkward, “Ahm…is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter