Special Ties

Will You Wait For Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After class, Seohyun put her things inside her bag and hurriedly went out of her classroom and their department building when she unexpectedly met Sooyoung outside their building who was about to fetch her from her class.

“Sooyoung…why are you here?” Seohyun asked.

“I just thought we could go home together but you look like you’re in a hurry.” Her friend answered.

“Ah, yes…I have to go to the hospital. I have to visit Mrs. Cho.”

“Mrs. Cho? She’s your sponsor, right? Why? What happened?” Sooyoung worriedly asked.

“I’m sorry, I forgot to tell you. Mrs. Cho had a cardiac arrest a few days ago and the doctor said it’s impossible to conduct an operation at her state. She’s too old and it would be a big risk so she decided not to have an operation. She always says that she would die anyway.” Seohyun sighed and was saddened at the thought that the person she considered as her own grandmother is dying and there’s nothing she could do.

Sooyoung comforted her friend by tapping her shoulder, ”Seohyun, don’t worry. If one day Mrs. Cho would leave us, she would still go to a wonderful place…with your parents. Don’t be sad. Don’t let her see that you’re sad, ok?”

“I know, it’s just that, why do people that I love the most leave me? When I’ve heard about her condition, I was sad and scared. What if one day you would leave me too?”

“Hey! I’m not dying! Look I’m still strong and if it’s not because of your delicious meals, I wouldn’t be healthy right now.” Her friend joked to make her feel better, “Come on, Hyunnie, I won’t leave you, I promise…” she smiled so with her friend.

“Would you want to come with me at the hospital? She would be happy to see you.” Seohyun invited.

“I would love to but I have lots of homework to do.” She said with a frown.

“Too bad…I won’t be long, I promise.”

“Don’t worry about me, I can just buy food before I go home. Just take your time taking care of her.”

“Of course not. I need to cook for you. That’s the only thing I could do to pay you for making me stay at the apartment for free and besides, I promised your brother that you won’t be eating fastfood.”

Sooyoung laugh a bit, “You’re really so stubborn.”

Seohyun smiled, “I’ll be going now. See you later.” And she bid goodbye to her friend.

Sooyoung went to the opposite direction to buy something at the canteen before she goes home when suddenly she bumped into her friend who was running towards her.

“Sooyoung!” a petite guy called her.

“Ryeowook,” she greeted and smiled at him.

“Have you seen Seohyun?” he asked.

Her smile faded after hearing his question, ‘Stop it, Sooyoung, he will never notice you…he will never need you.’ “Yes, I was talking to her earlier. I thought we would go home together but she has to go to the hospital to visit a friend.” This time she faked a smile, “Why? Is there something wrong?”

Ryeowook became serious, “I just wanted to talk to her. I realized… there’s no reason for me to ignore her just because she turned me down.”

“And I, being in the middle of all this, don’t feel comfortable.” She frankly said.

“I’m sorry; you got to be involved in all of this.”

“Hey, don’t say that! Aren’t we friends? Friends help each other, so don’t say you’re sorry.”

He smiled at what Sooyoung said.

“Maybe you could just call her or talk to her tomorrow.” She continued.

“I really can’t wait for tomorrow. I wanted to settle everything today.” He insisted.

“What are you going to do? She already left and I don’t know what time she would come home.”

Ryeowook looked at Sooyoung and scratch the back of his head as he felt shy, “Sooyoung, can I…can I…wait for her in your apartment?”

She widened her eyes at what he said, ‘He’ll stay at our place?!’ “Wha…what? No way! I mean, I have a lot of homework to do. You can’t!”

“Sooyoung, please,” he begged, “you don’t want us to ignore each other forever, right?”

“Yes…but…”

“I promise, I won’t disturb you while you’re doing your homework. Please just let me wait for her…please…” he pleaded using his cuteness to convince her.

“Okay! Okay!” she surrendered to his cuteness, “But you won’t disturb me while I’m doing my homework, get it? If you do, I’ll kick your out of our place…understand?” she threatened while pointing at him.

“YES! Sooyoung, you’re the best!” he happily shouted that was heard by the other students passing by that made Sooyoung embarrassed.

“Hey! Stop it! You’re embarrassing.” She said and was about to leave him, “Sooyoung, wait for me!” he shouted and followed her.

---

At the hospital, Kyuhyun was diligently watching his grandma sleeping when a knock on the door caught his attention.

“Come in!” he said and saw Jessica entering the room. “Jessica,” she greeted with a grin.

“How is she?” she asked as she stood right next to Mrs. Cho’s bed while Kyuhyun was on the other side.

“Nothing new…there’s no progress…” he said disappointedly.

The lady only felt pity for the young man who was still staring at the old lady lying on the hospital bed with an oxygen mask on her face. She was pale and lifeless, not like before, she would always wear her beautiful smile, she was enthusiastic, full of energy but it’s all gone now…she would not be the same like before.

Kyuhyun suddenly stood up and looked at his manager, “I’ll be going out for a while. Won’t you mind watching her?”

“I won’t mind at all.” She smiled at him, “Just don’t take long. Your grandma might get worried.”

“Just tell her when she wake up I just went out for a walk.” He said and walk to door.

“Kyuhyun,” she called while he stopped from walking and faced her, “will you promise me that…you won’t do anything stupid?”

He looked down and looked at her sick grandma looked at her again, “I won’t…I promise…” he assured with a weak smile and left her grandmother with Jessica.

As Kyuhyun was walking along the hallway with his hands on his pockets, he was looking down. He doesn’t want other people see someone like him crying. He wanted to look tough on the outside. He doesn’t want other people to think that he is a weak guy. He was holding back all the tears that want to come out from his eyes. ‘Don’t cry here, Kyu…don’t…’ he commanded himself.

When he was about to turn right, he bumped onto a girl and both of them fell on the floor and the girl’s things were scattered on the floor.

“Aw!” the girl said holding her that hit the floor.

Kyuhyun, being a gentleman, stood up and collected the girl’s books and papers. As he looked at her books he concluded that she is a college student taking music as her major. When the girl stood up, Kyuhyun gave her the things that were scattered earlier on the floor and the girl bowed thanking him.

“Here are your things.” He coldly said.

When the girl lifted her head, Kyuhyun felt like time stopped as she saw again that angelic face and he was at awe.

“Thank you,” and took her things from the tall, petite guy with handsome features, “I’m sorry, I was in a hurry so I didn’t notice you coming out from the hallway…wait--” she said and looked at the guy and stared at him for a moment, “I think… I saw you before…” she mumbled.

“Pardon?”

He looked away from him and thought for a moment where did they meet, “Right!” she exclaimed, “You’re that guy on the street who wanted to kill himself.”

Kyuhyun thought for a second and recognized the girl, “Yeah, right…we meet again…” he said disappointedly with an evil grin, “That annoying girl…” he mumbled.

“What did you say?” she asked with a frown.

“I said next time, watch where you are going so you won’t bump on people.” He said and looked away.

“Well, I apologized for that but I didn’t expect you, Mr. Whoever-you-are. A guy who doesn’t even know how to say ‘sorry’ and ‘thank you’” Seohyun said as she is starting a word war with a guy she only met for the second time.

“Huh! Ms. Who-knows-everything, why would I say sorry? It’s actually your fault. You’re the one who bumped onto me.”

“Don’t your parents teach you manners? Even if it’s not your fault you should at least apologize.”

After hearing what she said, he got mad and walked a step closer to her while Seohyun, who was surprised at his actions, took a half-step backward. He even leaned his face near her and looked at her angrily as their faces were just an inch apart. “Don’t ever speak to me like that,” he said in a really low voice that really scared the girl, “you don’t even know me…” he then left the girl and entered the elevator.

Seohyun sighed deeply when he left, “Of all people, why him?” she said annoyingly.

---

Sooyoung entered their apartment’s code and went inside with Ryeowook following her from behind.

“What do you want? Coffee? Juice?” she offered.

“I’m fine.” He declined and went to the living room.

Though her friend declined, Sooyoung went to the kitchen, took off her cap and bag pack and placed it on top of their dining table. She looked inside the refrigerator if there’s something they can eat.

While Ryeowook was roaming around the living room and was looking at Seohyun and Sooyoung’s childhood picture near their telephone, Sooyoung found some cookies and canned juice inside their ref and prepared it for her friend.

“You’ve already known each other for a long time.”

Sooyoung smiled remembering that fateful day they first met, “Yes, I met her in my last year in elementary. She was just a transferee ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter