Mission Impossible

Will You Wait For Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Huh?” Taemin reacted as he read his brother’s text message, ”Grandma, Hyung texted me.” He called from the living room.

“What did he say?” his grandma asked approaching him from the kitchen.

“He said he’ll be out tonight. An emergency came and he’ll be coming home late. He also said let’s not wait for him.” Taemin continued.

“Where could he be in the middle of the night?” her grandmother asked while drying her wet hands.

“Don’t worry, grandma. Maybe it’s really an emergency. You know hyung, he is so helpful. Come on it’s getting late. Let’s go to sleep now.” He said.

---

A young man wearing a black suit, a white polo and a black tie was holding Donghae’s phone while he was still unconscious from the sudden attack from behind.

The young man sat down on the couch just in front of the bed. He was waiting for him to wake up. After an hour, Donghae started to regain his consciousness and slowly sat down at the bed and was holding the back of his head.

“Ah…where am I?” he asked and noticed a guy in front of him, “Who…who are you?” he asked.

“At last, you’re awake. I apologize for what the guys did earlier. I didn’t really want you to be hurt but that’s the only way I could talk to you.” The mysterious guy replied.

“Talk to me? About what? If this is something about a case I’ve held before, I’m telling you, I’ve already resigned.” Donghae said in defense.

The guy laughed and stood, “Lee Donghae, this isn’t something about that.” He walked closer,”Let me introduce myself, I’m Lee Hyukjae and I work for Mr. Hwang Minro, the president of HM Entertainment, Tiffany’s grandfather” he introduced.

“Hwang Minro? Tiffany? I don’t know these people.” He said shaking his head.

“Hwang Tiffany…she’s the girl you’ve saved seven months ago.” He revealed.

“Miyoung?”

“Yes, she’s the girl you’re calling Miyoung. We’ve been watching you since the accident happened.” He continued.

“You knew it? But why didn’t you take her? Why are you letting her stay with us? If you know her, why don’t you just come and take her? You know she has amnesia and it would be best if she would come home and meet her loved ones to help her regain her memory.”

“We can’t just do that.” Hyukjae took a deep sigh.

“What?! But…but why?”

“Her life is in danger. She can’t go back because if she do that it would give the people who wants to kill her more chances to attack her and we can’t afford that especially her grandfather.”

“Then…why would they kill her?”

“There’s only one reason,” Hyukjae paused and looked at him straight in the eye,”because she is her grandfather’s successor.”

“Really? I thought these things only happen in dramas. Never thought it would happen in real life…” he looked down and looked back again at Hyukjae, “Then, why did you brought me here?”

“Because we need your help.” He took a folder from his attaché case and gave it to him.

“My help?” he asked and took the folder and opened it.

“Yes, in fact, we’ve already read your profile and you’re fit to do the mission.”

“Mission?”

“Your mission is to reveal those people who wants to kill Ms. Tiffany. You’re a former detective and you should know how to do this. Don’t worry; you’ll get paid at a reasonable price.”

Donghae still looks confused, “but…but why me?”

“You have solved most cases more than your detective head. You’re the most reliable police detective in your batch. The most outstanding police detective for three consecutive years and was a candidate being the detective head but because of that you were framed up and you decided to resign.”

Donghae looked at him seriously,”Wait, how did you know all of that? Even my brother and my grandmother don’t even know what happened to me in Seoul.”

“Well, I’ve researched a lot.” He boastfully said.

He breathed deeply. He thought that this would be a great risk. He’s afraid that his family might get involve. He wouldn’t want to risk their lives. “I’m sorry, I can’t help you.” He looked at him in his eyes. He stood up and was about to walked pass through him as the door was behind him but the guy lifted his hand and stopped him from leaving.

“Let’s make a deal then,” he said looking at each other, “If you successfully find the suspect, we’ll help you to get back to service and clear your name and we promise to keep your family safe.”

Donghae looked away and thought for a second.

Hyukjae removed his hand and took Donghae’s phone from his pocket and gave it to him. ”Please, have some time to think about it. We really need your help.”

Donghae took his phone but still looking away.

“If you ever change your mind, just give me a call. I’ve saved it there.”

Donghae looked at his phone and looked back at him in the eye and then left.

“I’ll be waiting, Lee Donghae.” He uttered.

---

Donghae went back home. He was holding in his right hand Miyoung’s medicines. He went straight to the kitchen and put the medicines on the rightmost cabinet. After closing it, he was staring blankly on the wooden wall and deeply sighed. It was actually two in the morning. He was getting confused and still shocked at what he had discovered. He’s thinking twice if he would help the girl because he knows it would make their whole lives complicated…again…and accepting this mission would put their lives at risk.

He turned around and looked at Miyoung’s room. He decided to get a peak inside. He slowly opened the door for her not to wake up. He saw the lampshade on her right was . ‘Maybe, she’s afraid of the dark.’ He thought. He went inside and checked on her. She was sleeping deeply. He sighed and thought, ‘She’s like an angel when she sleeps…she’s so…beautiful…and her eyes…’ he paused and smiled a bit, ‘Yah! Lee Donghae! What are you thinking?’ he thought again. He took the blanket and covered her up to her shoulder and sat down on the bed.

This time he looked at her with a serious expression and remembered what had happened earlier and all the things he had discovered about her.

‘Hwang Tiffany, the heiress of business tycoon. How could this be happening to you? How can a girl like you be in this kind of situation?’ he thought, ‘I really want to help you but…what about my brother…my grandmother? I’ve already risk their lives before…do I have to do it again just to help you?’

---

“What?!” Jessica stood from her seat and took a piece of paper from her desk and was writin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter