New Acquiantances (Part 2)

Will You Wait For Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a few hours of conversation to make each other comfortable, Donghae remembered the doctor said that it would be helpful to massage her legs for easy recovery and to strengthen the bones. He lifted her legs and placed it on his lap.

“Do you…really have to do this?” she asked, still can’t hide the awkwardness.

“The doctor said that we should do this quite some time for your bone.” He said and started massaging first her feet. “Have you forgotten? I’m your brother now.”

“But…”

“Miyoung,” he called in a serious note, “don’t feel uncomfortable because I would also feel uncomfortable. I want you to be comfortable with me and so am I with you.” ‘…because I know we would be together for a long time…’ he continued in his mind and smiled at her.

‘That smile…it really makes me feel comfortable…’ then she smiled back at him. “Thank you,”

“Hmm…?”

“You don’t even know me but still you take care of me. I’ve lost my memory…I can’t remember anything from my past…who am I…where do I live…those question that I can’t answer, it’s very difficult for me and yet you’re making it easy for me. I don’t even think I deserve to be taken cared like this…that’s why I want to thank all of you – your grandma, Taemin and especially, you. Thank you for saving me…I owe you my life…”

Donghae kept his silence and smiled at her like he was saying that it was alright as he continues to massage her legs.

“You’re really good…”

“I used to massage grandma’s back. She’s having back ache sometimes especially after work.”

“Really? Then why is she still working? She’s old and I think she should rest.”

“I know, but she doesn't want to. I always worry about her but she would always make Taemin an excuse.” He disappointedly told her.

It was another moment of silence in the house.

The two didn’t notice how time passes by so fast. When Donghae looked on the wall clock hanging right on top of their TV, it was already pass five in the afternoon and he had to fetch his grandma. He slowly put down Miyoung’s leg and stood up. “Taemin is going to be here any time soon. I’ll leave first. I need to fetch Grandma.”

“You mean…you’re going to leave me alone?”

“Taemin’s coming home soon, don’t worry.” He assured. He was about to leave when Miyoung held his hand that surprised him.

“Why?”

Slowly she let go of his hands, “I…I’m scared…will you please don’t leave me?”

“But I have to fetch grandma…”

“Then…I’ll go with you…”

“How about your legs…”

“Oppa,” it was the first time she called her by that way, “I’m alright. Your massage had helped me a lot. Don’t worry about me. I will not be a burden to you, I promise.” She said raising her right hand.

He took a deep sigh, “Okay, wait for a sec.” he said and went to his room to get something. He took a jacket for him and a sweater and handed it to her. “Wear this. It's kind of cold outside.”

She smiled, “Thank you…Oppa…” she called again.

He smiled back, “Let’s go!” he said.

While they were on their way to the market, Miyoung draw all her courage to ask a very personal question. “Oppa, won’t you mind me asking you something?”

“What’s that?”

“Ahmm…about the girl you made the song for…”

He was surprised and laughs a bit, “What about her?”

“She seemed so special to you for you to compose a song for her…but…why you didn’t end up together?” she asked looking at Donghae whose still finding answer to the question.

“Why did you suddenly wanna know about it?”

“I’m just curious about my older brother’s life…” she said, “but if you don’t want to answer my question, its fine.” She continued and looked outside the window and enjoyed the view when suddenly he spoke up.

“She’s a year younger than me. We both studied in the same university. I was in the Criminology Department while she was taking Business at that time. I met her, I fell in love with her, then I cour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter