A Girl, Meets Love

Will You Wait For Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Here are your results from your latest exams.” There professor said handing them their test papers.

As Ryeowook received his, “Really? I still passed? Wow! At least, my sister won’t get mad at me when she sees this. How about you, Seohyun, what score did you get?” He asked her who was seating in front of him.

Seohyun was so proud to show her test paper to her friend.

“Wow! You almost nailed it! You only had 2 mistakes. You are really a genius. How do you manage to do that? Honestly, I’m not a fan of memorizing. Tell me, what kind of brain do you have?” he said.

She laughed at her friend’s joke, “I just studied.”

“Hey! I also studied, but why do you have the highest score in the class?”

Seohyun just smiled at what he said.

“Well, of course, as always, Seohyun got the highest score in our exam with only two mistakes. Congratulations, Ms. Seo.”

Seohyun bowed while her classmates applaud for her.

The bell rang which was the signal for their winter vacation to start, “Okay, class, enjoy your winter break. See you next year.” Their professor greeted and left the room.

“At last, the exams are done. We could have our winter break!!! I’m so excited!!!” Ryeowook exclaimed while packing up his things, “Seohyun, why don’t we celebrate at our house? I’ll cook for us? What do you think?”

“That would be a great idea! But…” Seohyun looked at the books she had borrowed from the library, “…I still have to bring these books I borrowed from the library. Why don’t you fetch Sooyoung from her building and just go on without me. I’ll come after I bring these back.” She suggested.

“Okay…I’ll see you later then.” he said with a smile and left first.

Seohyun was going to the library’s direction when she saw a lady wearing big sunglasses to hide her swollen eyes.

“Ms. Jessica?” she asked as she didn’t recognize at first because of her shades not until she took it off.

“Long time no see, Ms. Seo.” It has been more than two weeks since she last visited Mrs. Cho at the hospital.

Seohyun bowed and greeted her, “Long time, no see…what are you doing here? Is Mrs. Cho alright? How is she?” she asked.

Jessica took a deep sigh, “That’s the reason I came to see you…”

---

Jessica invited her to have a snack in a cafeteria inside the campus after Seohyun brought back the books she borrowed at the library. Jessica ordered coffee while Seohyun ordered pineapple juice.

“Ms. Jessica, did something happen to Mrs. Cho?” Seohyun asked worriedly.

Jessica took a sip from her coffee before saying the bad news for her, “Seohyun…about Mrs. Cho…she’s…she’s…” Jessica wants to break the news gently to her because she knew how much she loved her adoptive grandma as she would always care for her every time she visits but telling her the sad news wouldn’t change the fact that it would bring her in deep pain.

“Ms. Jessica…”

“I’m sorry, Seohyun, but Mrs. Cho…” she took the deepest sigh she could take before breaking the news to the young lady, “…she’s dead…I’m sorry, Seohyun… I tried to call you but your phone was unavailable and I also thought that you would have your year-end exam and it would really give you a big distraction…I’m sorry…I had to tell you the news a little too late…”

Seohyun was in great shock as she received the news. She wasn’t expecting this. It was a big of a shock to her that tears were in the corner of her eyes as she was stopping it from falling. “When…did she die?” she asked cautiously.

“Last Wednesday,” Jessica smiled sadly, “I should say that she died peacefully. She didn’t felt any pain. She died wearing that sweet smile of hers.”  She continued as she was also holding on to her tears.

Seohyun nodded, “That’s a relief to know that she died in a peaceful manner…” she also smiled sadly wiping her tears.

“By the way, Mrs. Cho left a letter for you.” She took her bag and handed Seohyun an envelope. She opened and read it quietly.

‘To my dearest Seohyun,

First of all, I want to thank you for being a nice granddaughter to me. Even though we’re not related in blood but I believe we are related in heart that’s why I thank God for meeting you. Your year-end exams are coming. I know you’re studying really hard because you want me to be proud of you and that you’re grateful to me. I will always remember your lovely smile, I will cherish all those moments that we’re together. I also wanted to thank you for always being there for me when my son was away from me. Thank you for always making me smile, for treating me like your own grandma I will always remember you as my lovely granddaughter…

This is the only thing I would ask of you…please take care of my grandson. I know it would be difficult for you but please be patient with him. He is struggling right now like you can never imagine. He is a nice person, he’s a bit stubborn, though, but I know you’ll be able to know that he’s really a kind person. I trust that you would take care of him, Seohyun…

Thank you so much for everything…I love you…

Forever your grandmother,

Cho Eunhye’

Seohyun couldn’t stop her tears as she finished reading her grandmothers farewell later to her. She was so precious to her, not just because she helped in her finances but because she felt she had a family when she’s with her. She loved her like her own grandma. She cherished her so much that knowing that she died really broke her heart. Now, she is really an orphan. “Where does she lay now?”

---

Jessica took her where Mrs. Cho’s ashes were kept. “Grandma, I’m sorry…I only knew it until now. By the way, I have a gift for you…” Seohyun took her test paper from her bag and taped it on the small glass door, “I got the highest score from our exam. I really studied hard for you not to be disappointed of. So you won’t regret helping me. I want you to be proud of me like you always do…I was expecting to see your proud smile when you see this but…” her tears are falling again, “…it was too late. You already left… but you know what, I was happy to hear that you died peacefully, that you didn’t have to suffer in pain because of your illness. I know you’re somewhere up there, watching over me, watching over us…I know you hear me…I miss you so much, grandma…thank you for making me a part of your family…thank you for being my family…I love you so much and I’ll miss you…I promise that I will take care of your grandson…I promise…” Seohyun bowed, “I’ll be leaving now…” Seohyun turned to Jessica who was standing behind her, “Ms. Jessica, can you bring me to her grandson?”

---

“Yah!! Where’s Seohyun? You said she’ll come?” Sooyoung complained to her friend who was cooking in the kitchen while she was sitting in the couch at the living room.

“She’ll come. Let’s just wait.” Ryeowook said calming her friend down until a text message came, “Seohyun sent a message.”

Sooyoung ran to the kitchen to read her best friend’s message. “What did she say?”

“She said, she wouldn’t be able to join us. She had an emergency to attend to. She said she’s sorry.”

“What? Is she playing with me?” she angrily said.

“Why are you that angry? It must have been an emergency in school that’s why she can’t join us.”

“It’s because I’ll be having a dinner with someone like you.” She said in a whisper.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing, just continue what you’re cooking, I’m getting hungry.” She said and went back to the living room and called her friend.

“Seohyun, answer the phone or you’ll be dead when I got back home.” She said to herself while waiting for her friend to answer the phone.

“Hello?” Seohyun answered.

“Seohyun, where are you? What are you saying you can’t come here? Are you kidding me or you’re really doing it on purpose?” she angrily whispered.

“Sooyoung, I’m really sorry. I really wanted to join you but something came up. I’ll just tell you later when I got home.”

Sooyoung sighed, “Okay…I understand…just don’t come home late, understand? Or I’ll lock you up outside for ditching us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter