Not himself

The Promise

Sojin’s POV

I woke up at Luhan’s bed. I guess I fell asleep at the couch yesterday with Luhan, and he carried me here. I looked around the room looking for Luhan. He isn’t here, maybe he is sleeping at the couch.

I walked out of the room and looked around the living room. He isn’t here either. I walked to the kitchen to find Luhan standing there looking at his phone. “What are you doing?” I asked him. He looked surprised, almost funny.

“Oh, I didn’t see you. I am looking at some ideas for breakfast”, he said and looked back at his phone. I nodded my head a little. “What do you want for breakfast?” He asked. “Anything is fine”, I answered while finding a glass of water for me. “Okay, I will make omelet then” he said smiling, putting his phone away.

I have chosen to try to let go of the past and be happy, like Luhan. He looks so happy and he said he will help me so I am willing to open myself for him. I trust him and I need to admit it, I am slowly falling for him.

I stood at the side thinking, looking at him while he was making breakfast. “Am I that handsome that you want to stare at me making breakfast instead of helping me?” He asked with a smirk. I immediately looked away and blushed. Omg, why am I always staring him. Okay, I can admit it, he is handsome.

I walked to him and stood beside him, asking what I should help him with. “You don’t need to help me, I was just joking. Just keep me with company”, he said and smiled. I nodded and we started to talk about much weird random things.

While I was watching him cook, I saw that he was very good at cooking. “Where did you learn how to cook?” I asked. “My mother taught me. She was the chief at a restaurant”, he explained to me. “What happened, you said she was”, I asked curious. He stopped cooking and took a deep breath. “She died because of cancer”, he said and looked sad.

“I’m sorry”, I said. “I shouldn’t have asked you that”, I said feeling guilty. “No it’s okay. But anyway, I will be cooking this done and you can set the table, okay?” He said, I nodded and did what he said, still feeling guilty.

When I had set the table and Luhan was done cooking we started eating. Wow, this is really good. Actually omelet is some of my favorite food. When I looked up at Luhan he wasn’t eating. He looked deep in his thoughts. What was he thinking? Should I ask?

“Are everything okay?” I asked. I don’t think he noticed me. “Luhan” I said again, a little louder this time. He heard me and looked up. “You okay?” I asked him. “Yeah, sorry”, He apologized. He started eating now. What is wrong with him?

 

That night

Me and Luhan didn’t do anything special today, I mean he was at work while I was home. I got to borrow his computer. I had been looking at the news and looking for a cheap apartment. I didn’t really found anything. It’s so hard.

But I have noticed one thing. I don’t think Luhan is himself. He hasn’t been talking to me but only been deep in his thoughts. Wait, could it be because of what he told me. That his mother had died because of cancer, maybe. Should I try to talk to him? But that will be tomorrow.

Right now I am lying in the bed trying to sleep. The clock is around 3am and I can’t sleep. I feel so bad for Luhan. I am always using his bed and he sleeps on the couch. Suddenly there was a flash of light outside. What was that? I wrapped myself more in the covers, calming myself down. Thunder cracked through the sky.

I hated thunder and lightning. I started shivering and tears came out of my eyes. Should I go to Luhan? I slowly stood up and walked to the door. Lightning streamed through the black sky and I started sobbing. I opened the door to see Luhan sleeping on the couch. I walked towards him and sat down on the floor, close to the couch.

“Luhan” I whispered. He didn’t hear me and I took my hand on his shoulder shaking him a little. “Luhan” I whispered louder. He slowly opened his eyes. “What’s wrong?” He asked immediately when he saw me in front of him with tears. The lightning was heard again and I jumped a little closer to Luhan.

Luhan seemed to know what’s wrong now and got up from the couch and sat down on the floor next to me. He pulled me into a hug, his head on top of mine. “Luhan”, I said shivering. “Yes?” He answered. “Can you sleep beside me?” I asked. “Of course Sojin”, he answered and we stood up to walk to the bedroom.

First I laid down on the bed and hid under the covers and then Luhan laid down beside me. “Is this okay?” Luhan asked. “Yes, thank you”, I answered. He nodded his head. “Luhan, can I ask you a question?” I asked. “You are already asking me a question. But yes, what is it?” He asked. I smiled and then asked “what were you thinking about today?”

The room became silent, I could only hear myself breathing. I looked at Luhan and saw him looking at the front and thinking again. I should just sleep. I don’t think he wants to talk about it. When I was about to close my eyes and try to sleep he began to talk. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi people on the earth! I will not end this story, but it can get longer and longer as long as you comment. Thank you all for subscribing and commenting!! Keep doing that! I can tell you that something big is going to happen in the future of the story, so just wait! I really hope you guys will be commenting more, but do as you wish!

Love you and your comments!