Act 8

Can I keep you?

"Isnt this too much?" 

Krystal mentally asked herself while she stared at herself in front of the bathroom mirror, holding out a two-piece bikini in her hand.

"Krystal, are you ready? Oh my god, Im so sorry." The younger girl tried to cover her self with the small cloth she was holding but it was too late Amber already saw half of her body as she opened the door and peeked inside the bathroom.

Krystal had just finished showering and was about to get dressed when her husband decided to see her, it was a bad timing though cause the younger girl has nothing on,only a towel wrapped around her head to dry her hair.

"Im sorry. I was just, I wanted to ask if youre done and obviously youre not." She heard Amber said behind the now-closed door. "I'll just wait for you in the lobby."

"O-okay." She felt stupid for stuttering. When she heard the main door closed, Krystal saw herself blushing red. No one had seen her bare , and it was actually the first time she felt anxious of her body. What if Amber didnt like what she saw? What if my body turned her off? There was a of 'what ifs' going on inside her head that she forgot what the bikini was for. Dont get her wrong, she has, if not entirely perfect, the best body a woman could ever want and she's always been so proud of herself, that is until now, until Amber.

Earlier, when they went to the flower garden nearby their beach hotel, Amber decided to cancel the lunch meeting and re-scheduled it for dinner at the beach's famous restaurant bar for the reason that she wanted to have Krystal for herself. That's what Amber had told her bestfriends and really it made Krystal blush with which. as usual, the handsome husband replied to with an "Youre cute when youre blushing."

"Why are you doing this?" Krystal found herself asking Amber once they were seated at a restaurant near the flower garden.

"What am I doing what? You dont make sense Krys.." A waiter came to their table and handed them menu cards.

"Why are you being so sweet to me?"

"Im generally sweet, in case you still dont know." Amber answered her with a genuine smile before looking at the menu again.

"But youre acting so sweet with me like Im so special. Why is that?" Krystal found herself asking again.She had been wondering why Amber had been acting sweet like that since theyve met. 

"You are special. Youre my wife." Her handsome husband simply answered before calling the waiter. Amber made her order and for the sake of being alone again, Krystal ordered the same.

"Can I ask my third question now?" At that Amber nodded, resting her back to the chair with her arm crossed over her chest; head tilted to the right and eyes boring a hole on Krystal's face. "What if I fall for you?"

"Then you fall, what else do you want me to do?" Krystal frowned, not really liking what her answered had been. She felt like it was a dead end and it was like a hint that she'll be getting a broken heart soon cause as far as she knows, she's falling for Amber with every sweet action the latter was doing to her. It was like gravity and its pulling Krystal deeper, to the bottom of an unknown territory.

"But I stand my ground Krys. Remember my answer to your first question? Hold on to that." Amber said as she pats her head lightly.

"Dont lead me on." Krystal whispered softly, carefully as to not let Amber hear her but to her surprise the latter heard her and said, "Im not. Who knows Krys this marriage might just become real one day. Who knows." 

She was unable to answer when the waiter came with their drinks and didnt have the chance to say her thoughts out loud because Amber had change the topic already.

Amber is like that. When she doesnt want to talk about something anymore, she'll change the topic or she'll simply wont answer the question or just wont look straight into her eyes, just like right now, Krystal can see how her husband was trying to look everywhere but her.

She found it cute though, that Amber was embarrassed by waking in on her inside the bathroom.

"Ahhmm, lets go?" Then her husband awkwardly held out her hand for her to take. Amber's face was as red as a tomato and Krystal was sure hers was no different when their hands connected.

"Ahhmm, I hope you like seafood." It was a sight to see, Amber being uncertain with things is something she thought she'd never see and she likes it. She just had the urge to more. "You should knock next time."

"I.. I did.. I just, ahmm, I didnt think you were.. ahmm.. .." At the mention of the word, Amber's face became more red. Krystal can see it under the bright moonlight glow.

"Right.." 

The walk had been silence after that but it was welcomed though, as it was comfortable and Krystal wished for them not to reach their destination for it means that they need to et each other's hand go; she doesnt want to let go just yet.

But to her dismay, theyve arrived at the resto bar and as soon as they stepped inside, someone called her husband's name. "Amber.. here." 

Three guys sitting on a big table was looking at them and probably the one waving his hand was the one who called Amber.

"Yoh Amber.."

"Yoh guys, long time no see." 

Amber let Krystal's hand go to hug her bestfriends.

"Ahmm guys, this is Krystal, my wife."

"Krys, this guy's Henry, he's the future CEO of Lau Enterprise, you know that oil company in US. That guy over there is Kim Jonghyun, he works at Sony Music Entertainment, one of the best vocal coach there. And this guy right here is Kim Kibum, just call him Key, he's one of the best fashion desiner ever."

"I still hate you for not calling me to design your bride's wedding gown." The feminine looking guy hit Amber's arm before smiling at Krystal and offered his hand which the latter took for a shake. "She can be too much sometimes, just bear with it, she's just stupid but she's sweet."

"I couldve been the one singing on your wedding day but the company needed me so I wasnt able to attend." The guy that almost looked like her Amber offered his hand for a shake too.

"You know, you look like someone I know. i just cant remember who." The pale guy next to her said as he scanned her from head to toe. Amber immediately whacks his head for checking her wife out. "Thats my wife Henry."

"Well, blame yourself for marrying a beautiful lady and letting her wear revealing clothes like this."

Amber shook her head, she forgot that Henry will be there tonight. "Aissh you never change Henry, youre still a ert." And now she kind of feel stupid for letting Krystal wear a black two piece bikini underneath a loose white net fish top.

"But really, she looks like someone I know."

"Its just probably one of the girls you hooked up with before." Henry then falls into thinking and Krystal was silently praying that Amber's friend doesnt know who she really is. Ohh she hope in all the gods that he dont, And she was relieved when Henry shrugged his shoulders and said, "Maybe, anyway, lets go order, Im hungry."

The waiter came as soon as they all sat down the table. "Im surprised youre all boys. Amber doenst have any girl bestfriend?" The waiter then took their orders and left their table.

"She does actually. Yoona.." Jonghyun started and it didnt came unnoticed when Amber tried to change the subject by butting in, "We came a long run. Childhood buddies, neighbors and now, even though we rarely see each other, we still see to it we have a reunion like this every year around this time."

"Right.. Thats right.. Yoona. You look just like her Krystal." Henry said out loud that the next table looked at them. Key had to apologized to them before whacking Henry's head. "Cant you be anymore louder?"

"Sorry, I just remembered now who is it that Krystal looked so much alike. Its Yoona."

"We heard you." Key and Jonghyun said at the same time. Amber was just quiet, observing her friends.

"Who's Yoona?" Krystal asked but none of the three guys wanted to answer; all their eyes was fixated on Amber.

The handsome boyish girl sighed. Krystal saw how Henry looked away, how Jonghyun scratched the back of his neck and how Key reached for Amber's hand to give it a tap.

Seconds passed but Amber still didnt say anything and Krystal know already what it meant. "Its okay, forget that Ive asked."

"No, you'll find out soon anyway. Might as well it came from me." The seriousness of Amber's voice was making Krystal nervous and the pauses Amber made was killing Krystal with anticipation.

"What? What did you say?"

"Yoona is, ahmm.. she was my first wife."