Act 4

Can I keep you?

Oh my god. Krystal saw how the wedding organizer signaled at the two guys who's going to open the door for her. Raising her hand with an open palm and her five fingers flashing to her eyes, Krystal knew this was it. There's really no turning back for her. She swallowed hard, hoping that it could ease the swollen lump on but it didnt. Her heart was pounding so hard inside her chest and she could literally hear her own heartbeat as if it was just behind her ears.

She's nervous, confused and lost all at the same time.

Who wouldnt? 5 seconds till her wedding ceremony, till she throw her real past away and live as the person she created her to be. 5 seconds till the biggest change in her life to finally happen.

Am I really getting married today, right now?

Too immersed in her thoughts, Krystal didnt realize the door was already opened so the wedding organizer took the liberty to push her to walk.

Is this really happening? 

Never did she imagined that she'll marry at such a young age, neither be a mom of three girls whose eldest is just two years younger than her not to mention three girls who hated her nor be a wife of a handsome girl. Girl. The word flashes in front of her with colorful rainbow lights and glitters with confetti popping everywhere; and she sighed for the thousandth time since a week ago then she wonders, will things be really okay if she do this?

She knows its late to think about it now considering she's just an isle away to the person she's going to marry. But still, she couldnt help but ask.

And at the thought of Amber in her tuxedo suit waiting for her in the altar, it gave her stomach some additional butterflies. She could feel her cheeks burning and she was sure she looks like a tomato now, rosy and red.

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

 

"Okay, lets make this easy for you then. I'll give you a week to think about it. Stay in my house till then and we'll see how things goes for you here and then you decide. Thats already a fair plan, isnt it?" Krystal wanted to yell 'no'. There's no way in hell she'll agree to her handsome savior because it wasnt fair at all. 

"Just think about it. Im not going to pressure you although I know how badly you needed this offer." Krystal's mouth fell agape. How many times did Amber managed to do that to her in a span of three hours since she woke up? A lot of times already and Krystal thinks if she'll ever get used to it but she probably never will.

The handsome home owner stood up. "Just enjoy your stay here, dont worry about my girls, they dont bite." and Amber chuckled making Krystal's cheeks reddened knowing that handsome girl did notice how she and the three girls interact earlier. She couldnt help but feel a little bit stupid for that. "They get jealous quickly but they dont bite, I assure you." Satisfied with how Krystal looked like, Amber walked straight to the door but didnt go out till after she answered Krystal's question, "Why me?"

Krystal on the other hand was left in the study room, lost as she'll ever be when Amber's words registered late in her head, "Because you seemed like a genuine person, Krystal." How can she be called genuine when she denied them her real identity?

One week since that happened and Krystal was back again in the same study room but this time to give her decision regarding Amber's offer. The office was open, thinking that the boyish girl was there she entered. And there was Amber sitting on her swivel chair, head onto the table.

Who drinks alcohol so early in the morning? Krystal saw the bottles of different liquor brands on the floor and some on the table then she realized that Amber's clothes hadnt been changed since yesterday. She figures that the boyish girl was probably awake drinking herself to death last night, but why?

Curious, Krystal found herself standing beside Amber's chair. She unconsciously reached out to brush off some hairstrands out of the boyish girl's face. Her breath got caught in as she stared at the sleeping Amber and she couldnt help herself not to admire the masculine features of the girl. She was just so handsome that Krystal couldnt see her as a girl, in fact, Krystal still cant believe that she was a girl.

Amber stirred a bit but she didnt even move and instead she moved closer to look at the creased brow of the boyish girl. Krystal giggled, she found Amber's creased brow so cute and she couldnt stop herself from straightening it out by her thumb and as she did so, she was so surprised of her own actions as she found herself kissing Amber's cheek. 

With wide eyes, Krystal slowly pulled away till she almost jumped out of the room when the boyish girl opened her eyes.

"What.. What are you doing her Krystal?" Amber asked as she sat up straight while rubbing her eyes off sleepiness.

Embarrassed of what she just did, Krystal forgot how to breathe as she replied, "Its already the seventh day of the week, Im just here to tell you that Im taking the offer, I hope I didnt woke you up from your sleep. Im sorry." Then she left the room.

 

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

 

Everything was happening so fast and Krystal felt like she couldnt catch up. One second, she heard the mayor said, "Family, guest, friends and love ones, we all gather here to celebrate Krystal and Amber Liu's union.." and now, she heard the mayor said, "And you Krystal Jung, will you take Amber Liu as your wedded lawful wife, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?"

Krystal had been zoning out, she couldnt remember how she walked the isle or how did it happened that Amber was holding her hand but there she was, standing next to Amber in front of the altar and their guest, all were waiting for her to answer the mayor's question.

"Krystal?" It was Amber, her voice was soft and full of concern. "Your turn." She looked around, at the guests who were all anticipating her answer, at the priest who were also patiently waiting, to Amber's daughters who are all glaring at her as expected and lastly, her eyes fell to her future wife. And somehow as she looks at Amber's pair of eyes, she could see herself in them, not as Krystal but as her real self. 

So, as she kept their eye contact longer, she muttered, "I do." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Lame chapter, I know.. I know..

 

 3 chapters and yet, the plot is already changing. Oh well.