Act 11

Can I keep you?

Are you sure about this?

Krystal kept asking herself as she stood in front of Amber's  room, assuring herself that it is what she wanted and she's not going to let her handsome husband to change her mind or hurt her for the nth time.

But deep inside, a part of her was objecting.

She doesnt want to leave the mansion yet, she doesnt want to leave Ellin and she doesnt want to leave Amber but she needs to or else she'll only get a broken heart in the end even though she thinks she already got her heart broken, too many times before.

Are you really sure about this? 

With a finality on her sigh, Krystal knocked on the door that was supposed to be closed but when her knuckle connected with it, it creaked open.

She knew that Amber would be there since their head chambermaid told her that the handsome girl has no plan on going to work.

"Amber?" She called out as she push the door wider, peeking her head therough the gap.

The room was dark that she cant make any figure out, darn all those heavy curtains, sometimes its giving her a hard time too in the morning.

"Amber?" She called out again and this time a cough answered her. "Where are you?" She walked inside and stumbles upon something and when she tried to figure out what it is, worry colored her face, it was Amber.

"Oh my god, why are you on the floor?" She tried to pull her handsome girl up but it was too hard when she cant see anything in the dark.  "Where do you open the lights Am?"

"C-clap your hands.." Her brows knitted at that she was about to ask if Amber was pulling her leg but the latter added up. "Lights are automatic."

Feeling a little stupid, Krystal clapped her hands and the light did .

It took a little time for her eyes to focus with the sudden change of lighting and as soon as she can see the whole room properly, she gasped in an awe. It was the first time she has ever seen Amber's room and it wasnt what she expected. A boy's room; thats what her handsome husband's room looks like with all the toys on her bookshelves and robots in different sizes surrounding her Pikachu bed.

"Im just a kid at heart, please dont think differently of me." Krystal could almost laugh not till she saw Amber's state. She's so red and sweating a lot and was wearing a thick robe that she guessed covers a couple more pieces of clothing underneath. "Amber, are you okay?"

"Just feeling cold." Krystal then placed her palm on her husband's forehead. "Oh my god Amber, you have a fever."

"Im okay."

"Youre obviously not okay." Considering she found her lying on the floor; Amber indeed looked terrible. "Come on, lets get you to bed." And she helped her walked to the bed.

"Wait, let me just get the thermometer." Krystal was about to leave but a hand encircled her wrist. "Im just going to get the thermometer, I'll come back." And when Amber still didnt let go she added, "I promise."

As soon as her hand was free, she ran to the boyish girl's bathroom and took out the device from the medicine cabinet.

"Jesus Amber, 43  degrees? Come on, I'll take you to the hospital."  A grip on her hand ceased her from standing up. "No please, I dont want to go to the hospital. I'll just stay in the house."

Krystal wanted to insist but the terror in Amber's face stopped her from doing so. "Okay."

She then realized that the handsome girl has not yet to let her hand go. "I need to ask Nanny Tzu for an ice water."

"I dont want you to go." Krystal stilled at that. She knows Amber didnt meant it like the way she wanted to but hearing her say it, shook her very being. "Stay here.." How can she let a stranger took so much of herself? "..with me." How can she leave now?

"I'll come back." She patted her sick handsome husband's head before she went downstairs and Asked Nanny Tzu for the small bucket of ice water and hot porridge for Amber's breakfast.

"She hates hospital. She never once stepped her foot in one for almost two years now." Was the answer she got when she asked about why Amber doesnt want to go t the hospital earlier. She wanted to ask why but Nanny Tzu just shrugged her shoulder, a gesture Krystal often received as a response when there's something others cant tell her, specially when its about Amber.

She took the ice water to her husband's room and a maid delivered her the hot porridge half an hour later.

After wiping Amber's forehead with a towel soaked of the ice water, her temperature reduced to 39 degrees, still with a fever but atleast its not as higher as before and that eased Krystal's worry. Soon after eating the porridge and taking her medicine, the handsome girl fell asleep while holding Krystal's hand and up till now, even after hours passed by and Krystal eventually fell asleep on the side of the bed, their hands were still connected.

They probably let go and probably one of them reached out to reconnect their hands, who, no one knows. But what matter's to Krystal now was their interlaced hands and that for the first time, Amber didnt mention another name.

A smile was drawn to her lips as the hand that was holding hers tightened its grip and its owner was mumbling to her sleep, "Krys.. dont go."

So now, how can she still leave, if her heart already decided to stay?