Act 6

Can I keep you?

Will I get a divorce paper for this?

Not that she wanted to but she was only wondering how patient can Amber really be. She had seen seen her around her kids and really, Amber is just so kind and out-going that she was okay with whatever Hyuna, Minah and Ellin are doing to her, like really whatever and sometimes Krystal just wonders if Amber can let her do things to her too.

And so, she's testing it now.

Krystal was currently being an annoying teenager; annoying Amber in the most annoying way ever which seemed to be working soon as she saw her handsome wife's brows twitched. She finds it cute to be honest, how Amber's brow moves in such adorable way.

"You know, youre acting really weird."

"Am I?"

"Youve been staring at me way too much."

"Am I?"

"Quit it." Amber said before flipping the news paper to another page.

They were currently having breakfast in the balcony. It was a little bit hot but the two seemed to be enjoying the warmth. 

"Quit what?" Krystal asked playfully as she titled her head to her right.

"Staring at me."

"Does it bother you?" Amber looked at her through the news paper. She stared at her, momentarily holding her gaze and Krystal could feel her cheeks burning.She wanted to look away but she found herself staring back, totally mezmerized by Amber's eyes.

Last night, when she asked her first question and she recieved a 'Maybe' for an answer, she felt like everything changed between them. Like they were closer than before. She cant explain it much further but she just feel like theyre more closer now, more comfortable with each other now and she feels like she's not a stranger to Amber anymore, or she's just probably deluding herself and only assuming those things but who cares, she felt last night was their first connection, as friends? as wives? What should they label each other anyway? They werent friends obviously, they just knew each other for a week and not as wives either as the marriage wasnt even real in the first place. So what are they really?

All those thoughts that was currently invading Krystal's head went flying out of the balcony when her handsome husband settled her newspaper down and leaned over the round table; and Krystal had her chin over her palm as she supports her head's weight by her elbow atop the same table that the younger girl didnt had any time to react, to even think to react as Amber held her gaze on her.

"If Im staring at you like this, does it bother you?"

"Y-yes."

Amber retracted back to her seat and resumed reading after she finally made her point, that's when Krystal finally able to let the breath she didnt know she was holding on . She could also feel her heart beating so fast, cheeks burning like it was on fire and her head seemed to be swirling around in every way possible.

"Youre doing it again." The younger girl was too lost inside her head that she didnt realize Amber was again in front of her. "Huh?"

"Youre staring again." Amber flicked Krystal's forehead. It should annoy Krystal since she wasnt really staring but the action was so rare that she was amazed by how cute Amber was as she did so.

"I wasnt." Krystal rubbed her forehead as she tried to look away' hiding her smile. "I was just thinking." She lied.

"About what?" Amber brought her coffee cup to her lips as she crossed her legs.

"My second question."

"Right. Right." Amber nodded as she placed her cup back to the table. "I totally forgot about that one." The handsome girl chuckled when Krystal pouted. "I was just joking. So what about it?" She asked as she crossed her arms to her chest.

"Who is she?" The younger girl saw how Amber stilled at the question and wondered if the latter would still answer her honestly even though she knew the question was way too personal; it wasnt even connected to her.

Earlier, Amber was giving the bellboy a tip for bringing them breakfast when Krystal found a picture on the floor. Obviously, it was Amber's and it mustve fell when the latter took the money out of her wallet. Curious, Krystal examined the picture. The girl on it was the most beautiful girl Krystal ever saw in her entire life, more beautiful than her, she admits that. And even had the urge to ask Amber who it was but the latter made it clear that it wasnt something she should pry on when she took the picture from Krystal's hand and put it back to her wallet without saying anything.

Curiosity never left Krystal though, she still wants to know who the girl was and what exactly she is in Amber's life.

"You said you'll answer me honestly, so, who is she?"

Amber heaved a sigh as she sits upright, uncrossing her legs and arms before leaning against the table, clasping her hands together. "You know.." She paused before smiling at the younger girl. "The way you asks right now, you sounded like my real wife."

And again, Krystal found no strength to look away, like she's being pulled by those black orbs and really, she's getting lost in them. 

"This is too personal for me, but since I kind of did tell you that I'll answer your questions honestly, then fine, I'll tell you who she is." Amber leaned back to her chair and stared outside the balcony.

Krystal saw how Amber's eyes darkened, like as if it was as deep as the sea; vast, calm but full of sadness. And somehow, just by only looking at her, Krystal felt her own heart breaking.

"She's.. " Amber paused and Krystal can see and even feel the pain that the handsome boyish' eyes conveys, " She was a part of my life that I need to forget."

The younger girl was about to ask more but the boyish girl was quick to change the topic when she leaned over the table and reached out to Krystal's face. She froze at the skin contact when Amber wiped what seemed to be a milk mustache that she got from drinking her milk earlier. "Youre such a kid you know that?" Amber smiled but this time, Krystal notices that it didnt reach her eyes, like it was controlled, not real, not genuine; and she wonders, Had she always been smiling like that?

"Youre staring at me again." Amber said; fingers still not leaving the younger girl's skin. 

The proximity, their faces so close to each other, the physical contact, the warm coffee-scented breath on hers and the eye-contact, all made Krystal voiceless; unable to answer her husband's questions that she just ended up staring at Amber.

"Stop staring." But Krystal couldnt stop herself from staring, couldnt will herself to look away, so she held her gaze. Eyes' staring straight back at Amber's.

And for a moment there, Krystal hoped for the time to just stop, at that exact moment when the handsome boyish girl closed their gap and kissed her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



This fic doesnt make sense.. I dont even know where Im heading with this. *facepalm*