Act 19

Can I keep you?

Just a quick recap:

Soojung runaway from her home and changed her name to Krystal. She met Amber, a handsome widow who is need of help raising her three kids. In need of help, a roof above her head and food to save her from starving to death, she accept the job that was offered to her. She's now a step-mom and a wife.

And whilst falling in love with her rich handsome husband and taking care of her stepkids are easy, can she keep her facade and prevent her past from ruining her budding fairy tale life?

 


 

Krystal stirred and stretched her body before slowly opening her eyes. The room was dark but she can almost picture her handsome husband's face as she turned to her right side. She brought her hand to cup Amber's face and the latter hummed, leaning against her touch, still in a deep sleep. Her smile vanished as she remembered what happened last night at the graveyard and the conversation that passed between them.

She felt really bad for her the handsome girl lying next to her. The love of her life died and she saw the accident happened right in front of her eyes and knowing that the culprit has not been punished made it even worst. No wonder Amber always looked like the world was on her shoulders, as if she's hunted by something; and now Krystal know why even in broad day light Amber drinks and gets drunk, it's because she's blaming herself for her first wife's death.

It was tragic indeed. 

She doesnt know anything about Yoona but the way her husband described her first wife in her stories, Krystal is pretty sure that Yoona wouldn't like it if she knew that Amber's blaming herself for what happened.

Krystal still felt a little jealous but she had come to terms that Yoona will always be a part of Amber and the kids' life. There's always going to be something that's related to Yoona and she probably would not win Hyuna's heart considering that the eldest is Yoona's kid, Hyuna will always prefer her mother over her. But she knows she doesnt have to compete or compare herself to her, there's no reason to, because Yoona is Yoona and Yoona's always going to be Amber's first wife and the kids' mom and well, she's Krystal, or at the very least, she's herself just with a different name and she's Amber's second wife and the kids' step mom.

She knows she should tell Amber the truth and she will, she's just finding the right time to tell her. It's crazy, when she thinks about it, how she easily fell for her handsome husband and how fast she had welcome her in her life, literally. Krystal was a total strangers but Amber had let her in her home and not once had she obliged her to tell her side of the story; and the very least she could give in return is her honesty, she just need to find the courage to start her tale.

Amber sighed in her sleep before pulling her closer in her arms, enclosing her there in a tight hug and not showing any sign of letting go. Krystal smiled, she loved the warmth and the securiy it offered, she just wish that once the truth has been told, Amber would still be there with arms wide open for her to run into. She knows she must be asking for too much, but she just wants Amber to be there for her even when the truth is hard to accept and ends up hurting them both.

Krystal frowned as fear crept in, she doesn't know what she'll do if her husband won't be able to take in the truth, accept her for what she was - for what she is. She had invested half of her heart to this person whose arms are wrapped arround her small frame. It felt so right, they fit so perfectly together as she nuzzled her face on the crook of Amber's neck and she doesn't like the idea of losing her, just because of the past she's trying runaway from.

If only life is simple.

She knows it's too soon and she's too young and she doesn't have anything to compare it to, but she knows what she's feeling - she knows that's she's too deep in love with Amber, too deep in love that she's more willing to leave her past life behind and build a new one... but life has a crazy way of turning everything around as later that day when Amber had taken her out for lunch in the city, a part of that past has finally caught on her, literally.

Fingers encircled her wrist and then a slight pull, dread weighed heavy on her shoulders as she heard the person say, "Soojung? Is that you?"