Act 18

Can I keep you?

"You know you can ask me questions if you want." Krystal's head snapped to her handsome husband who just finished closing the door of the mausoleum.

"Im sorry."

"That was not exactly what I was expecting of you to say, but that'll do too, I guess." Amber shrugged and kicked a pebble on the ground as she pocketed her hands. 

"I have so many things in my head and I dont know where to start." Krystal said honestly as they stood awkwardly in front of each other. It was true, she had a lot of questions but she wanted to tell Amber first that she's sorry. "I know doing this took a lot of you. I felt like I forced you to open this door to your past and I felt like I violated you and your right to your privacy." That was true as well, Krystal felt bad for cornering Amber to reveal her past when she knew that she's still not ready to disclose. She felt bad and felt guilty, that she can never do the same, not now atleast.

"Its okay, youre bound to know eventually anyway. Might as well hear it from me right?" Amber shrugged again and Krystal suddenly felt that there's suddenly a wall between them again and she doesnt know if its her who built it or Amber, but it was there and she doesnt like it a bit.

"Want to have a walk?" Her brows furrowed at the invitation. "What? Walk, right now? Right here, in the graveyard?"

"Why not?"

"There could be ghosts around here." She cautiously looked around and it didnt help that it was night and some parts of the graveyard were too dark that it gave her chills.

"If youre scared, you can hold my hand if you want." Krystal was about to reach her husband's hand but hesitated. Amber's voice sounded so cold and she cant help but be worried and she cant pinpoint exactly what's troubling her.

Without another word, her husband held her hand and pulled her towards the opposite direction of where their car was parked.

After a half an hour of walking in silence, Krystal decided to raise her queries. "Why didnt you tell me that Yoona's dead?"

"I dont know." Amber shrugged her shoulder. "I dont usually say things to people I just met."

"You just offer them a job and ask them to marry you. Right, right." She sarcastically replied.

"That was different." Amber stopped walking and Krystal whipped her head to her, confused. But the confusion was changed to a blush when Amber added, "Youre different."

"I am? How so?" She shyly asked.

"You just are." Amber continued walking, pulling her in the process. And when she still didnt move, Amber smiled at her and squeezed her hand lightly. The action made her blush even more.

"What happened?" Krystal didnt miss how her husband's jaw tightened, despite the poor lighting around them but when they walked pass a light post, she saw how Amber's face hardened. And at times like this, she questions herself if she's being too much, if she's stepping on a line she's not supposed to trespass. 

Her husband sighed.

"You dont have to answer. Taking me here and introducing me to your first wife is already enough." Krystal said as she pulled her hand away from Amber and walked away.

"Youre my wife now, you should know everything."

Krystal turned around only to find her husband a foot away from her. "I should tell you everything."

And guilt washed over her. Amber's opening every chapters of her life to her, yet she cant even let her handsome husband see her binding. She knows its unfair but she's still not ready. "You can tell me when youre ready."

"I am, ever since I accepted your feelings. Its just.." Amber sighed again and when Krystal was about to say that its okay for her to not tell more, her handsome husband waved her off. "Its still painful because it was my fault."

"What is? Her death? Did you  kill her?"

A sigh of relief came out of Krystal's lungs when Amber shook her head. The last thing she want to know right now is that she married a murderer.

"I love Yoona so much, I cannot do such thing." It hurt her a little to hear Amber pertain her feelings for her first wife in a present tense, although she knew that her husband can never put her feelings for Yoona to her past. A part of Amber still loves Yoona, still loving Yoona and will always be loving Yoona.

That truth kind of hurts and Krystal has to accept that.

Amber sighed again before they start walking again. "We had a fight that night. I dont know but someone wants to separate us. Yoona went barging into my dinner meeting at a restaurant accusing me of cheating. Yoona's the calmest person I know and having her yelling at me in a public place like that, Im sure something had been brewing for long time that led Yoona to do it. I guess that person had been really trying to separate us and it was Yoona's last straw. She showed me pictures of me and the girl I was having a dinner meeting with hugging and kissing but it was nothing. The girl was a business client and it was all casual and professional. Some of the pictures were taken off an angle that really looked like we were kissing but we're not. I tried to make her understand that I can never cheat on her but she was drunk and didnt want to listen so she ran off the street. Ofcourse I followed suit. It was raining and I tried, God knows I tried to run after her but this over speeding car came out of nowhere and hit her while she was crossing the street to her car. She was dead on the spot. I saw how the car hit her at a 100 miles per hour speed. I saw how her body cracked at the contact. I saw how she flew over the car and how her body landed on the ground, lifeless. I saw everything Krystal and it was all my fault." Krystal cant help but cry along when she saw Amber shed tears as she retold the story that happened just two years ago. "You know what hurt me the most? The one who ran Yoona over managed to escape. Yoona didnt get any justice, Krystal. She's dead and the one who killed her is still out there somewhere, probably having the time of his life."

Now Krystal understood. Yoona's memories are too painful for Amber to disclose and as much as she's happy to know that her husband told her that, she felt extremely sad for her as well.

And when she doesnt know what else to say, she just hugged Amber, hoping that her broken husband will know that she cares and that she's there for her, ready to shoulder half of the weight she has on her shoulder.