Act 10

Can I keep you?

This is stupid... Im stupid.

Krystal kept rumbling inside her head as she paced her bedroom floor. She had been wanting to go out to get something to eat but she knows that Amber might still be awake around this time of the night and she doesnt want to risk bumping to her on her way to the kitchen, so there she was walking back and forth inside her room to pass the time.

Its already midnight and her stomach had been growling at her since she didnt have anything during dinner as she doesnt want to be with Amber in the same room. So skipping the meal was her best option and reasoned that she was still full from the late snack she had earlier that afternoon, which was obviously a lie, but her handsome wife doesnt seem to care a bit and that just adds up to her frustrations.

It had been a week since they went back from their honeymoon and it had always been like that; Krystal would skip meals to avoid Amber or would rather stay in her room till the house was empty with all the kids in school and her husband in her office, or would busy herself with anything just to not see Amber eye to eye.

Krystal would always find a reason to avoid seeing Amber alone and she felt so stupid for doing so. She's hiding, when in fact it should be the other way around. Wasnt it Amber the one who kissed her first? Wasnt it Amber the one who did things to her? Wasnt it Amber the one who made her fall? So it should be Amber the one who should be avoiding her in general and not her.

Werent you the one who kissed her back? Werent you the one who let Amber do things to you? Werent you the one who fell for her on your own accord? 

Her rational thinking shot back at her and indeed, she felt even more stupid than before. Because she know it was all right, it was all true.

She had been thinking to go, to leave without telling Amber; but everytime she was reminded that she has no money and she has no way of contacting her friend, the thought dissolves as soon as it came in.

A knock on the door stopped her from moving, from thinking, even from breathing. There's only one person she could be thinking to be standing by her door --- Amber.

She gulped, not knowing if she should open the door or just pretend she didnt hear it. It wasnt locked and Amber can just push her way in without needing any invitation, it was after all her house. But Krystal was hoping that she wont, not now at least.

"Mommy.." Hearing a little girl's voice, she guessed its Ellin so she immediately opened the door and the little girl came running to her arms, crying.

"Whats wrong?"

"I had a bad dream.." Ellin said as Krystal wiped her tears away. "And Daddy's not in her bed." 

She was surprised. Amber should be home since she heard her came in and had dinner with the girls, but where is she now?

"Its okay. Im here. Do you want to sleep here with me tonight?" The little girl nodded and let Krystal led her to the bed.

It had been three days ago when she finally managed to reach out to Amber's youngest child. It wasnt planned but it felt like a blessing in disguised when Ellin got a fever and Amber was out of the country to meet a business client. Hyuna was unable to stay home because she had a midterm exam to take and Minah had some practice on her musical club so the house was left with a high fever Ellin, the housemaids and a very confused Krystal.

Wanting to help on taking care of the little child, Krystal neglected the fact that Ellin hates her for taking her daddy away, according to the little girl; and took care of her. And since Krystal having some knowledge on taking care of a sick person, Ellin's sickness went away after two days. Being together for two days straight, Krystal and Ellin felt connected with each other-- Ellin who had always been in need for a mother figure finally found it with Krystal, and the latter finding the need to take care of the little girl. And that when Ellin started calling Krystal 'Mommy' with which Hyuna and Minah was seriously enraged about.

It didnt take long till the little girl fell back to sleep in Krystal's arms, but the latter scooted off the bed knowing that Amber was not in the house, she decided to take a tour to the kitchen.

With a bread in her hand, she was about to go back to her room when she was startled by a figure standing so close behind her.

"Im sorry, I didnt mean to scare you." Judging by her voice, Amber sounded drunk.

"Its okay. Now if you excuse me." But a hand prevented Krystal from taking more steps.

"Youve been avoiding me. Why?"

"I dont know what youre talking about."

"Dont play games with me Krystal. Youve been avoiding me and I dont understand why. Did I do something to you?"

You almost me.

It wouldnt be a , you wanted it too. Her rational thinking shot at her which she immediately shook away. Its not good to have internal turmoils now that she's in front of Amber. 

"Did I hurt you?"

You did.

"Did I said something bad to you?"

You mistook me for Yoona.

When she didnt say anything, the hand that was encircling her wrist tightened, she almost winced in pain but she held it in. "I dont like you being like this." It was obvious. Under the influence of alcohol, Amber's transparent as ever. Krystal can see how frustrated Amber was. She could read her like an open book, Amber's contorted face says it all.

"Yoona..." Amber's sudden lost of track in reality angered Krystal and with a strong pull of her hand, she immediately put a distance between them. And with a quivering voice she told Amber, "Im not her." Then she left.

With blurry eyes and tears-tainted cheeks, Krystal ran up the stairs muttering to herself, "Stupid.. stupid.. stupid.. Stupid Jung Soojung."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




Im currently lost with this fic..

 

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!