Act 17

Can I keep you?

"Hey.." Krystal's head snapped to the balcony door and found Amber making her way towards her. "Nanny Tzu told me youre here." Her handsome husband was about to give her a kiss to her cheek but she avoided it by immediately standing up and closing the book she was reading. The creased on Amber's eyebrows proved that the action wasnt left unnoticed. "Youre back." Krystal said as she, again, tried to avoid being with Amber in the same room.

It was a week since that day when Amber and the kids went to see Yoona.

Amber didnt say anything when she got back which hurt Krystal even more. It was as if Amber was expecting Krystal not to make a big deal out of it. It wouldnt have really, if only Amber told her about it first. Was it really that hard to tell her things about Yoona? Is it too much to tell her that theyre going to see Yoona and she cant come because she's not family? Atleast being Amber's new wife gives her the right to know, right? Or was it not enough to be a reason?

She's jealous and anxiety shouldnt be paired with it because its only making things worst.

And it didnt help that Amber had to go overseas for work  the next day. It didnt give them much time to talk. It didnt give much time for Krystal to vent out and tell Amber that she's feeling left out, that she feels that she isnt important in her life.

"Krys, whats wrong?" Amber asked her with which she replied with, "There's nothing wrong Amber."

"Then why are you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong again?" Hurt reflected in Amber's eyes and Krystal almost felt guilty but then she was reminded that she's also hurt so the thought of hugging her husband disappeared in thin air.

"Im not avoiding you silly. Im just.." Krystal took some step back when Amber tried to hold her.. "I havent had a shower yet and I smell. I think Im going to go and take a shower first. I'll see you later at dinner?" And without anymore word, Krystal left Amber in the balcony.

 

She knows that eyes kept on watching her every move and as much as its making her uncomfortable, she cant excuse herself from the dining room. It was unethical and she doesnt want to set a bad example to Ellin and Minah.

As soon as everyone else finished their meal, Krystal tried to leave the dining room as fast as she cant and she thought she'll be able to avoid Amber for the night, but the latter managed to follow her to her room. "You said youre not avoiding me, but why are you going to sleep here and not with me in my room?"

"I know youre busy and I dont want to bother you while you work till later, its best if I sleep here for the next few nights." Krystal tried to keep her distance but Amber's through with all the pretension. "There's something wrong and youre not telling me." With a yank, Krystal was imprisoned in her husband's arms.

"I didnt say Yoona's name in my sleep, did I?" There's a tug of jealousy on her chest. She doesnt like how Yoona's name roll in Amber's tongue so comfortably, so natural, so right. As if saying Yoona's name was all Amber lived for and she doesnt like it a bit.

And when she shook her head, her husband continued interrogating, "Then why the hell are you avoiding me?"

"Its unfair you know. You married me but I feel like youre still married to your first wife. I get it. Love isnt the base of our marriage but dont you think its unfair when all I feel like is Im not even important in this family, to you? Like Im not even needed here. You went to see Yoona and you didnt even tell me. Its not like Im going to be hysterical about it, I'll be jealous yes, but as a wife, atleast I have the right to know that my husband is taking her kids to see her first wife. And it wouldve been better to meet Yoona too, dont you think? Atleast I know who Im being jealous with, who Im competing with." 

A relieved sigh and a smile made its way to Amber's lips which made Krystal a little confused and a little annoyed at the same time. "Ahh so that it.. that's why youre like this is because of that picnic."

"Its not that.." 

"Its about Yoona and you being jealous of her. Its inevitable, I know, but Im telling you right now that there's nothing to be jealous of." Amber tucked some hair strands behind Krystal's ears.

"How can you not say that there's nothing to be jealous of when you still have communication with your first wife and you have kids that ties her with you and that you even have days that you need to see her. Youve been together for years Amber, ofcourse I am jealous of her."

Krystal wiped the tears that had escaped her eyes. She was getting angry and hurt and she's all mixed emotions. She knows that Amber's trying to make her feel better but negativity still gets the best of her. "Yoona had been your life for years. I dont expect that I can replace her that easily. Its just.. I want to know my place Amber. I want to know my place in your life."

She knows that she's also being unfair. She's asking a lot from Amber when in fact she doesnt give anything back. Yes, they got married and she has all the right to know things about Amber and so does her husband, but the thing is, Amber never pried and even if she did, Krystal wouldnt say anything. It was as if their marriage was built with deceit and lies, ohh right, because it is. They started the relationship on a lie, so she shouldnt complain, right? She should stop whining about Amber hiding things from her, because she's hiding things from Amber as well.

Her handsome husband's face changed into something she couldnt read. It was blank, yet there was a hint of pain in it. Without a word, Amber pulled Krystal out of the room, out of the house and into the car.

Amber drove for hours and her silence almost killed Krystal. The air inside the car was suffocating, thick and guilt inducing  kind of air. She cant help but think she went too far. Things about Yoona had always been an off topic, something like a taboo. She couldnt blame Amber if she just decided to take her to the airport or to her friend in anger. But she got confused when she saw where the car stopped.

"You wanted to meet Yoona right? Now here we are." Amber said before getting out of the car, Krystal followed her behind.

They stood in front of a mausoleum where 'Im' was engraved on the wall above its door. 

Before Amber go inside, Krystal got a hold of her arm. "Wait Amber...."

As if her husband can read her thoughts, she finished her sentence for her. "Yes Krystal, Yoona's already dead."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




What the hell am I doing with this fic??

​If there's something confusing about this, please let me know...