Act 12

Can I keep you?

OMG?! What the hell was that?

Krystal jolted upright as soon as she managed to open her eyes; newly awaken from her sleep and off her dream. Soft yellow cushions dipped beneath her and she wondered where did the funny looking inflatable basketball sofa chair she was sleeping on earlier went to.

She looked around, realizing that her patient was now nowhere to be found and the digital clock on top of a cute red side table told her that its already 7 in the evening.

The door then opened to reveal her said patient who seemed to be not sick anymore, carrying a tray which she presumed to be her food.

"You were sleeping nicely, I didnt want to wake you up." Amber told her as she placed the tray next to the cute digital clock.

Krystal stood up and immediately checked her husband's forehead who informed her, "Im not sick anymore." But Krystal still wants proof so she took the thermometer and shoved it to . Amber's under normal temperature now to her relief.  "Told you, Im not sick anymore. Im okay now because youre a good nurse." Her husband flashed her the warmest smile she has ever seen since their spoiled honeymoon.

"Just making sure." She said as she returned the device back to its bag. "Did you carry me to your bed?"

"I dont want you to have stiff neck when you wake up. That sofa chair isnt the most comfortable to sleep in." It wasnt but Krystal didnt mean to sleep on the inflatable chair, she was reading a book when she fell into slumber.

"Nanny Tzu cooked some carrot soup. Thought you'll be hungry when you wake up." As Krystal glanced over the bowl, she felt Amber walked towards her. "Thank you for taking care of me."

"Its my duty as your wife." As soon as she said those words, she wanted to swallow them back, but its too late now.

"You never acted one for the last few days since our honeymoon, what happened?" Krystal wanted to avoid the question by excusing herself to the kitchen but Amber's fingers curled around her wrist was stopping her to leave. "Are you going to leave me now?"

"I have nowhere else to go." She replied, trying hard not to turn to face her husband.

"If I find your friend, are you going to leave me then?"

"Yes."

Amber turned her around but she still refuse to meet her eyes. "Then Im not going to find your friend anymore."

"Excuse me?" And Krystal stared at her husband like what she had said was the most stupidest thing ever.

"I dont want to look for your friend if Im going to lose you. I dont want you to go, I want you to stay here with me." Amber took a step forward, leaving them enough space; far enough to see each other's face but close enough to breathe each other's breath. "Can I keep you, Krystal?"

But Amber didnt let her answer, instead, she had pushed any coherent and rational thoughts at the back of Krystal's head when she kissed her deeply and passionately.

At lost at what's happening, Krystal, with all her remaining strength pushed Amber a little bit. "I felt so empty when you started avoiding me. I didnt like how you were avoiding me and it was hurting me, because I didnt know what I did for you to avoid me like that." Her handsome husband confessed.

Krystal thought its just fair for her to lay her card on the table. "Key told me I look like Yoona, is that why you offered me to marry you, because I look like her?" And Krystal felt like she was stabbed countless times when Amber nodded. 

"But you proved me everyday that youre not her, so I stopped comparing her to you. I tried to stop thinking about her when Im with you." That was another stab on Krystal's poor heart.

"And you obviously failed. On our honeymoon, when you went home drunk, you mistook me of her. It kind of hurt me because Im starting to fall for you Amber." She can feel her tears at the back of her eyes, threatening to fall onto her pink tinted cheeks as she confessed. She didnt know that confessing can be so painful too.

"Im sorry."

Krystal took a step backwards. "No, its okay. I mean, she's your first wife ofcourse you still love her and that I know my feelings will never be reciprocated." She wiped her tears dry before it could make it way down her cheeks. "Sorry for crying. Its just hard not to when Ive been rejected. This is my first you know." And Krystal coated her pain with a pretentious laugh, feeling a little bit stupid.

How did it came to this?

She went to Amber's room to say goodbye, how did it ended up to her confessing and being rejected all at once?

It wasnt what she had planned.

"Im sorry. I probably should just go." Krystal was about to run outside but a hand pulled her back,, her body colliding against her husband's and toned arms encircled her within seconds. "I told you not to go, didnt I? I know Im being selfish right now but they did say people in love are selfish."

Amber made a gap between them, enough to see each other's faces. "In case its still not clear to you, Im falling for you too. And this time, I swear, it had nothing to do with Yoona."

Krystal searched her husband's eyes for any lie, but there wasnt. Amber really doesnt know how to lie. "What about Yoona?"

"Help me to forget about her?"

"I'll see what I can do." And with that, Krystal flung her arms around her husband's neck, closed the gap between them and kissed Amber with every emotions she had been dwelling for since the day they met. She knows its all too soon and everything happened so fast but who cares, all that matters right now is them, kissing and falling deeper in love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Does this fic makes any sense at all?

Because Im confused and lost, and I dont know what this fic is really about.. lmao

​This chap was supposed to be a , how did it ended up to be a fluff? lol

 

 

GrandpaBacon,

ing Out.

^-^v