Act 5

Can I keep you?

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. 

Krystal tried to calm herself as she laid on the bed where she's supposed to spend her honeymoon night with Amber. Just an hour ago, the manager of the resort hotel they flew to right after the wedding, informed them that there had been problems with the booking lists and that their two room reservations had been booked as a honeymoon suite by mistake.

It was not in the original plan, and since the hotel was already full and that Amber doesnt have the patience to look for another resort hotel, they accepted it and Krystal has no other choice but to follow the handsome boyish girl and the bell boy who helped them with their luggage to their room.

And there she was, lying on the left side of the bed; back facing the bathroom where her so-called husband was currently having a shower.

This is all for formality.

She reminded herself. That is exactly what Amber had told her days ago before their wedding day. That theyre going for a honeymoon trip for formality, ofcourse, everyone who attended their so-called wedding expects a month long honeymoon. And as usual, Krystal had no choice but to assent --- she never really had a say on anything anyway. The handsome girl was just considerate enough to let her choose which place they'll spend their honeymoon with a deal that theyre not going to share a room.

But that plan was obviously ruined, as Krystal roamed her eyes around the room-- It is indeed spacious but the fact that theyre going to share a bed does not and will never settle in her stomach. 

Amber is a girl, she knows that, so she couldnt quite understand why was she even worrying in the first place --its not like Amber's going to her or anything, right? Or is that even possible?

At the thought, something cold ran through her spine. What if Amber's a psycho and she's just helping me and doing all this things to get what she wants and after, she'll kill me and dump my body in the sea? Krystal suddenly felt stupid for even thinking that. Amber's a nice person, she already proven that the first week she stayed in their mansion. That even though Amber was always out the whole day, the boyish girl makes it a point that they'll have dinner all together with the kids for everybody to get used to each other's presence; but much to Krystal's annoyance, Amber's three kids still doesnt want her there. The feeling is mutual though, Krystal doesnt want to be around the three kids either, but she has to, she needs to, she doesnt have any other choice.

She froze as she heard the bathroom door creaked open and masculine scent tickled her nostril. It smelled of Amber. She's gotten so used to the scent that she can easily tell if the handsome girl walked by her door, even when she's sleeping. And that made her wonder, is her sense of smell always have been that strong or its just because its Amber?

Krystal tensed up after she felt the other side of the bed dipped and she assumed that Amber sat on it, she could even pictured the latter drying her wet short hair. She gulped, she's 18, it is normal for her to be ually attracted to anyone-- its her hormones anyway. Plus, its with her so-called husband, so there's nothing wrong with that, right? She tried to reason to herself, she felt so guilty for fantasizing about Amber for about 1.2 seconds that she needed to reassure herself she's not doing something wrong, theyre technically a married couple anyway, so ofcourse, there's nothing wrong with that. Again, thats just Krystal, trying to convince herself.

Ohh poor Krystal Jung Soojung, she had been on a fantasizing-spree ever since she kissed Amber that morning and the wedding did not help at all when Amber kissed her on the lips right after the town mayor said "You may now kiss your wife." It was as light as a feather, she didnt know what exactly happened as Amber spun her around and took the veil off her face, she just felt something warm against her lips that didnt even last a second, but was enough to make her body crumble; knees weak and wobbly.

She could feel her cheeks burning now, her body tingling in heat and she regretted having a shower first before Amber. Ohh how she regretted she went in first, then Amber would probably be asleep by the time she got out of the shower but no, she took a shower as soon as she fixed her things in the cabinet. So there she was now, all anxious and nervous for having her handsome husband around and wide awake.

She then felt Amber moved next to her, probably settling under the blanket. Krystal could literally feel her heart hammering against her chest. Jesus, she's only 18, never had any experiences on or anything that refers to intimate body contact in general, so forgive her for being so overacting; this is her first time sleeping with someone else on the same bed, not to mention, someone she feels attracted to.

Amber's one hell of a rich girl, a handsome one at that and one that's educated and well-mannered, who wouldnt fall for her?

The younger girl suddenly felt nauseous as she smelled the boyish girl's scent as she leaned over to turn the lamp off on Krystal's side. It was totally nerve wrecking and amazing at the same time; how their close proximity could have so much effect on her. It was just too much, too much that she needed to hold her breathe in. At that very moment, she doesnt want Amber to know she was awake.

For a lone half an hour, Krystal didnt make any movement, even after the handsome girl was back on her side of the bed, she wanted to turn onto her other side so badly but she cant, cause she knows only centimeters away would be Amber's face and she doesnt know what she might do or in fact, she's scared of what she might actually do. She already kissed Amber before and that was just on her cheeks, what if she's tempted to kiss her on the lips now, she'd die out of embarrassment if Amber wakes up with her the handsome girl's lips. No, she could not afford that to happen.

"Krys??" Her eyes popped opened as she heard her name and a smile was unconsciously drawn to her lips at the sudden pet name. For Krystal, it was the sweetest thing ever, but she had to restrained herself from being too obvious so in her most serious tone she answered, "Hmmmm?

"You're not asleep now, are you? You're too stiff to be sleeping so I figured you were awake.." The handsome girl paused and Krystal could feel Amber turning to her side. "Anyway, ahmm, do you want to have a walk outside? Just to get some fresh air and you know, loosen up the tension a bit. I could feel you being so uncomfortable all the way over here."

Krystal could hit her forehead with her palm if she'd want to but that would give away all her thoughts a lot so, with muck carefulness, she turned around and found herself facing Amber in the dark. "Im sorry, its not because Im here with you, its just that the bed, we're gong to sleep here together."

"If this makes you uncomfortable, I can sleep on the floor."

"No way, you paid for this, you cant sleep there."

"And there's no way in hell I'd make you sleep on the floor either." Dejavu, since they had this talk already earlier hence them deciding that both will just sleep on the bed, together.

"So how about a walk?" Amber asked again and Krystal found no reason to deny the offer, that way, she wont be suffocated inside the room and she'll get tired easily so she'd sleep early later as well.

A half an hour walked led them towards the beach, Krystal could hear the splashes of the water hitting the shore and she could feel the cold breeze of the night that 's surprisingly did not have any effect on her. Ofcourse, she has Amber walking next to her that was supplementing her of much needed warmth.

They were walking so close that their arms brushes along every now and then; and really, Krystal could literally feel butterflies in her stomach.

"So.." Amber started and needless to say, the younger girl was listening and aware of the boyish girl's next announcements. "Im sure you have a gazillion of questions that you want to ask about me."

"Well, not really.." Krystal tried to salvage her pride, although what Amber said was true, she do has a couple of queries to be raised.

"Ohh okay, cause I was thinking, since its our honeymoon, I'd give you a pass." At that, Krystal halted and comically turned to face her husband. "A pass?"

Amber nodded. "Yeah, a pass. Like, ahmm, you can ask me three questions and I'll answer you honestly and wholeheartedly."

The younger girl thought about it for a moment before conforming to the idea. It was perfect, she doesnt have to feel afraid to ask and she'd get the answers she want from the person herself, Amber.

"Okay.. So, how old are you?"

Amber then turned to look at her with the most outrageous face she has ever made, Krystal thinks so, that is. "Are you serious? May I remind you that you only have three questions that I can answer, and yet you chose to waste it for my age?"

"What? I didnt know, okay? And no one in the house wanted to tell me, so forgive me for even asking."  The younger girl huffed as she crossed her arms onto her chest. 

"Youre cute, you know that?" Amber said as she pat Krystal's head and the latter didnt know if it was a compliment or she was just mocking her, but either way, she felt her cheeks burned at the action.

"You didnt answer my question though.."

"Im turning 28 soon."

"When?"

"If I answer that, you'll lose two questions, you do know that right?" Krystal wanted to say no but she knows she needs to be fair, so she nodded her head.

"September 18." Thats only two months from now, and the younger girl was already planning on what to give her husband as her present. "Okay, since its our honeymoon and Im feeling kind of being a good Samaritan right now, I'll void your first two questions. So now, for your real first question..."

Krystal then fell on a deep thinking, and Amber almost grew impatient with how long the younger girl was taking for just a simple question and when Krystal finally asked, it was the handsome girl's turn to think as deeply as she can. But the answer didnt came when suddenly Krystal tripped over a branch and the younger girl found herself in Amber's arms. Somehow, the latter managed to pull her before she hit the ground.

With arms around her waist and Amber's face so close to hers, Krystal's throat gone dry and her brain was totally in a mess. It didnt also helped that the moon suddenly decided to come out of hiding behind the cloud that gave them proper illumination. She could literally see Amber's face so close to hers, probably few inches apart. She could also feel Amber's warm breath on hers and really, never in her entire life did she imagine that toothpaste can smell so fresh and inviting, not till Amber that is.

"Are you okay?"

Krystal lost her tongue and she couldnt reply back, she stayed still, silently staring at Amber's handsome face. Everything just went blurry for her and nothing makes sense to her anymore but Amber's face just right in front of her, inches away from hers. "Krys, are you okay? Did you hurt yourself or something or what?"

As soon as the handsome girl let her go, Krystal finally came back to reality as well and felt a little too stupid for her sudden zoning out. "Yeah, yeah, Im okay. Im okay, I think.." The last two words came out a whisper, first of all, it had something to do with Amber and secondly, after that close contact, Krystal doesnt really know if she's okay anymore.

"Better we head back to the hotel now, before you actually end up really getting hurt out here." Amber didnt wait for her to reply as she started walking off.

"But you havent answered my first question yet."

"Maybe." That was what Amber said before she doubled her steps and Krystal was left grinning from ear to ear.

It was supposed to be a joke, a test if her husband would actually answer her questions properly. It was supposed to be a joke when she asked Amber "Do you think it is possible for you to fall for me?" but the latter gave her an earnest answer. It may have not directly answered the question, but still, its an answer. And whilst it couldve been a yes or a no, Krystal obviously disregarded the no-part already and that smile on her face was a proof, cause the first thing she learned on her one week stay over Amber's house is that .. the handsome girl cant lie.

Amber Josephine Liu doesnt know how to lie.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Sorry, took me this long to give you guys some update and I gave you a lame one. Im sorry.

Im actually sad to tell you that I still cant write properly. I dont have the right mood and the fluff feels to do so, so please forgive this author, will you?

And please, wait patiently as I search for my old self. 

I'll try to write better in the future.