Act 1

Can I keep you?

What was I thinking? Jung Soojung, a newly turned 18 year old lady asked herself as she sat in one of the dark alleyways of the busy streets of Los Angeles, California. With tears trickling down her cheeks and her arms hugging her knees to her chest, she asked herself again, What the hell was I thinking?"

Not long ago, she had been robbed; her bag, her phone, her wallet and her car was taken away from her by a teenage guy who offered to help her with directions. Not knowing it was a desperate robber, she was quick to trust him since he doesnt even look that dangerous. But looks can be very deceiving, the young man lead them to an abandoned place and robbed her. She was only lucky she was able to escape the guy that was planning to her by kicking him hard on his groins. Once the robber was down on the ground wincing in pain, in high heels Soojung ran as fast as she can and as far as her aching feet can go and it lead her to the alleyway where she was currently sitting and pitying herself on.

After calling herself names, Soojung wiped her tears dry and stood up. She looked so worn out, without shoes that she threw earlier just so she can run fast and a ripped dress that was caught on a broken wood fence she tried to crawl under earlier, she's far more worst than worn out to be honest, with all the mud on her face and her exposed arms with slight bruises made her look disgustingly pitiful. Or at least thats what she thinks of herself right now.

She needs help. She thought of the police station first but knowing someone might recognize her or find out her true identity, she'll get caught and running away from home will be pointless.

She was on the way to her friend's house who offered her help when she was robbed, without any money and her phone to call her friend, Soojung doesnt know what she's going to do now, but wasting time sulking in the alleyway was not her option so she walked out of it and into the streets not caring at how people looks at her but not in a concern way,

She walked and walked and walked till she cant feel her legs anymore and her stomach grumbled, reminding her of her last food intake was 6 hours ago. She's hungry and tired and she suddenly felt dizzy. Not in the right time though, she was crossing the streets. She didnt notice a car was speeding towards her and the last thing she heard was a loud sound of a tire screeching against cement road.

Soojung opened her eyes to a blinding light that she needed to close them again and as if it wasnt enough, she covered her eyes with her arms.

"Good morning.." She jolted up right at the sound of the voice. Sitting next to her bed, correction, the bed, was a handsome man. "I thought youre not going to wake up."

"The accident.."' She muttered in which the man replied back, "There was no accident.. You fainted even before I get close to you."

"Ohh." Soojung felt relieved but the man seemed to have read her reaction wrongly as he asked, "What were you doing there? Trying to kill yourself?" She should be offended, but there was something in the man's eyes and the way his voice sounded like as he said that, so Soojung let the inappropriate remark pass by.

She shook her head. "No, Im not." Soojung's face went bright red that wasnt gone unnoticed by the handsome man. "I fainted because I was hungry." At that, her tummy grumbled.

She saw the man break into a smile and she realizes, he was far more handsome when he's smiling. "Breakfast is ready. Just go down once youre ready." And the man left.

Soojung surveyed her surrounding. The room she was in was screaming of elegance and glamor, something that tells her that the man who happened to be kind enough to help her and take her in the previous night was not only handsome but also rich and probably powerful as well.

She saw clean folded clothes atop the side table, assuming it was prepared for her, she took picked it up as she went to the bathroom.

The more steps she took down the staircase, the more her proofs were solidified that her savior was indeed a powerful man, seeing that the place she's in was a big mansion and all decorations probably costs a fortune. And so, homeless Soojung didnt try to touch anything in fear that she'll break it and she'll be thrown to prison.

"Good youre here. Sit." The handsome man pointed at the other end of the very long table. She then noticed that there's three more plates on the table excluding the one she's going to use. 

"Sorry for being ill-mannered. We've talked for quite long now and I still havent introduced myself." The man took her attention from the plates. "Im Amber Liu."

Soojung thought for a moment, and then it hit her. "Youre a girl."

"Yes, the last time I checked, I am still one." The handsome man, or rather, the handsome girl nodded in understanding.

"I thought youre.." She cut her off, "A guy? I get that a lot, Im used to it. And you are?"

"K-krystal. My name's Krystal Jung." Soojung was afraid that her identity will be revealed so she decided to change her name about five minutes ago.

The conversation turned into an interview, mostly it was Amber asking questions and Krystal trying to limit her answer, not wanting to give out any information about her real self.

"So you dont have a place to go and you dont have any money with you.." Amber nodded as she settles her cup to the table.

"I actually do have a place to go, but my friend's contact number, I lost it along with my phone." Krystal answered as she eats. She already told Amber the mishaps she had encountered last night leaving out the reason why she runaway from home.

"And youre only 20." Soojung even changed her real age.

"Im old enough."

"Not wise enough though." Krystal's brow twitched at the comment. "What if something bad happened to you? Your purpose will be insignificant if you die, you know?" And she knew Amber had a point but she only shrugged her shoulders.

The two continued their conversation to the point it was becoming too personal for Krystal, like if she already fell in love or if she has a boyfriend, things like that. She's only thankful though, the handsome girl didnt ask about her family that much.

"I have a job proposal to you Ms. Krystal Jung." Amber lightly tapped her lips with the napkin before dropping it on the table. "Since you badly needed a place to stay and to your story, you also need to work to have money." Krystal nodded.  "I'll help you. I'll let you stay in my house, I'll help you to find your friend and I'll give you a monthly salary, price it and I'll give it to you." 

Krystal doenst know if she should laugh, who on earth would be willing to help a stanger like her? Amber, obviously, duhhhhh.

Seeing that the seriousness in the handsome girl's face didnt left her, Krystal gave it a few more thoughts. "Its a job right? So what kind of job should I do, incase I take it, that is?"

 

And Krystal spat out the juice that she was drinking when she heard the stupidiest job position she ever heard so far,

 

 

"Simple... Just be my wife."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Here's the first chapter guys, what do you think about it? Is it good, bad or boring?