PART 29

TILL I MET YOU (KHUNTORIA VERSION)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE foods were fantastic, and the people in this house were amazing. Ever since Song Qian stepped into Mr. Diego's house, they had treated her like a family especially her daughter, Amanda. Song Qian glanced at Amanda who had made friend with her cousin, Leo.

"So you guys still haven't have a date for the ceremony in Korea?" asked Bernard, the doppelgänger of Lee Dong Wook. Song Qian was not the first person who commented about his face. He had heard it countless times before especially when he involved in modelling as part-time job while he was still enrolling in law school.

"Not yet," replied Nichkhun shortly as he glanced at his fiancé who just nodding lightly her head. They had planned for a wedding in spring which it just two months away, and Nichkhun just wanted a simple ceremony in Korea.

"Song Qian has enough headache about our wedding preparation. Plus I feel I didn't help her much since most of the time I was in Seoul. So we will think about it after the wedding in Hong Kong," Nichkhun added as he squeezed gently Song Qian's hand. Nichkhun always felt like he did not contribute anything in their wedding preparation, but Song Qian had reassured him that he had done so much for her and Amanda.

"If you guys need anything help, just let me know. I can recommend the wedding planner if you want," Christina was such a sweet for offering the help to the couple.

"Thank you," said Song Qian sincerely. While they were enjoying the dinner, they had received an unexpected guest which had made Song Qian nearly choke her food. Jasmine.

"Well, well! Am I interrupting your dinner?" she asked as she took the seat beside Christina.

"You said you can't make it for tonight because of work," said Christina as she secretly exchanged the glance with Jasmine. Actually Jasmine did not have any work to do tonight. She just simply did not want to meet Nichkhun and Song Qian. Christina had to say so to prevent Song Qian and especially her brother from getting upset.

"Well it turned out that my photoshoot session finished earlier. So I think it's still not too late to join you guys," Jasmine just played along. She initially refused to join, but she had changed her mind.

"Now our family is complete. I'm glad you can make it to dinner," Mr. Diego said in happy. Jasmine just smiled before her gaze shifted to Nichkhun, Song Qian, and a little girl whom she assumed as Amanda, Nichkhun' daughter.

"Hello,  Oppa. It has been a while we see each other," even though they were family and lived in the same city, Jasmine would avoid seeing Nichkhun. It was because she still blamed him over their mother's death.

"Yeah, it's been a while. How are you? Are you good?" asked Nichkhun softly. Both Nichkhun and Jasmine did not share a deep bound to begin with, but she still respect him as her brother. However that dark tragedy had completely broke them apart.

"I'm not good. I think because Mom is not with us right now," she pulled a sad face as she looked directly in Nichkhun' eyes.

"Jasmine, stop it," Mr. Diego who had sensed that Jasmine came here because of other intention, quickly stopped his daughter for pulling a drama here. They had always known her hatred for Nichkhun but for God's sake, it was a family dinner and they were having guests right now. However their guest was one of the people Jasmine had blamed over Mrs. Elizabeth's death; Song Qian.

"Why would I stop? I'm just saying the truth. I said we will be happier if Mom is here. If not because of Oppa Nichkhun and that , Mom would not be dead!" this time Jasmine was shouting as she pointed the fingers to Nichkhun and Song Qian.

"I said it's enough!" Mr. Diego bang the table as he rose from his seat, making everyone flinched in their place. Bernard who had understood Mr. Diego's angry voice and had seen countless dramas from Jasmine, quickly took Leo and Amanda out from dining room.

"Let's go and play with Daniel ," he did not want the kids to see this family shouting and yelling at each other. Now only the adults left in dining room, and let them settled their endless family issues.

"For God's sake, it has been 5 years, and you still blaming your brother over her death. Just stop it, Jasmine!" Mr. Diego said almost in pleading. As a father, it was such a pain to see his youngest daughter was still lived in misery and not able to move on from Mrs. Elizabeth's death.

"If he didn't call off the wedding for this , Mom would not go into depression and kill herself!"

"Watch out your word! The woman you called is my wife! She's a family!" Nichkhun' sudden outburst had surprised everyone, and Song Qian quickly held his shoulder to calm him. His face was red due to anger, and this was Song Qian's first time to see Nichkhun got this mad.

"I will never accept her into our family!" Jasmine had hated Song Qian even before today and seeing how they had accepted Song Qian into their family, she hated Song Qian even more.

"It's up to, Jasmine. I'm done. There is no use of telling you again and again that no one at fault over your mother's death especially Nichkhun when you has stopped yourself from seeing the truth," Mr. Diego's voice slowly toned down as he looked at Jasmine in regret.

"Oppa Nichkhun is deserved to be happy after he had done so much for our family. You are so selfish and heartless if you still put all the blame on him," Christina's statement just made Jasmine felt like she was the bad person here. She should have known that her family were always taking on Nichkhun' side from the beginning. Christina grabbed her purse on the table and quickly left the house with tears in her eyes.

"Are you okay?" asked Song Qian to Nichkhun after Jasmine left the house. She could feel his tensed shoulders slowly relax as the tension in the atmosphere slowly dissipated. Even though Nichkhun quietly nodded as the response, Song Qian knew that he was not fine.

"I'll go check on Amanda," Nichkhun excused himself and left the dining room. Song Qian was reluctant to let him go, but she knew that he needed the time alone right now. Christina approached Song Qian, and she gently squeezed Song Qian's shoulder, telling her that Nichkhun would be fine. She just needed to give him time and space to calm down.

"Song Qian, can I have few words with you?" Song Qian looked at Mr. Diego when he said so. He believed that Nichkhun had not told everything about their family issues to Song Qian, so he would do it on Nichkhun' behalf today.

**********


AS THE firstborn in the family, Nichan Buck Horvejkul was an apple in his parents' eyes. He was handsome, intelligent, kind-hearted, and he had been trained as the heir of the family business since he was small. They loved all their children, but Nichan was the hope in the family. Song Qian flipped through the old photo albums and she stopped at the photo of Nichkhun and Nichan did the fist bump while they were on baseball attire.

"Unfortunately that was the last game Nichkhun had with his brother," said Mr. Diego who was sitting beside Song Qian and currently they were inside Mr. Diego's studio room. Nichkhun used to tell her that he was really closed with Nichan, and they both had different personalities, interests, and views in life.

"I'm sorry about your lost," Song Qian could feel the pain that this family had to go through especially Nichkhun. For many years Nichkhun had to live as Nichan but when he chose to live his own life, this family suffered another lost when Mrs. Elizabeth committed suicide by hanging herself inside the bathroom.

"I'm sorry too for what happened just now. Jasmine was super closed with her late mother, that is why she is bitter and put all the blame on Nichkhun. If there is person to be blamed to, I will be that person because I've failed to protect my family," if he could be turned back time , he would make things right from the beginning.

"After all, things had happened. We all should forgive and forget and move forward. The thing I still regret is Jasmine still hold onto the past," he added in regret. Song Qian reached Mr. Diego' hand and gently squeezed it for comfort.

"Dad, don't worry. Time and love will heal everything. I believe that one day Jasmine can accept the lost and move forward with her life," Mr. Diego could feel the sincerity in her words. This woman was strong and always looked things in positive view. No wonder Nichkhun fell for Song Qian, and he glad that Nichkhun had chose the right partner in his life.

"I'm glad that Nichkhun found you in his life," he said before pulling his daugher-in-law into a hug. If Mrs. Elizabeth still alive and took the chance to get to know Song Qian, she definitely would like Song Qian for Nichkhun.

************

"THAT was a good game! Man, I'm going to miss this moment," said Nichan before he the ice cream inside his grip. After the game, he brought Nichkhun to park before they headed to home.

"Then don't go to London," Nichkhun replied nonchalantly. Nichan was scheduled to leave London next week to pursue study in architecture in that place. Nichkhun also would go to London one fine day but not to pursue his study there, but for travelling and photography. Even though he was just fifteen, Nichkhun had planned his own future.

"Hey Nichkhun, when I'm not around, promise me that you'll look after our family especially Mom. Promise me that you'll be a good brother to our little sisters," Nichkhun lifted up his face to look at his brother, and Nichan just laughed when Nichkhun threw at him the suspicious look.

"What?"

"You are not going to stay there forever, right? You will be coming back once you finish your study there, am I right?" Nichan burst into laugh over Nichkhun' silly questions.

"Of course, you silly!" he pinched Nichkhun' nose, and his little brother groaned madly as he disliked anyone pinched his nose. Nichkhun was relieved because Nichan would handle the family business once he finished with his study. However few days before the flight, Nichan involved in fatal road accident and Nichkhun' life turned upside down since then.

Nichkhun quickly wiped the tears beaneath his eyes when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter