PART 21

TILL I MET YOU (KHUNTORIA VERSION)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG QIAN was fidgeting her fingers as she restlessly waited outside the treatment room. She kept glancing at the wrist watch and groaned when she felt that time purposely by ticking slowly. Ten minutes felt like years when she actually supposed not to feel that way. Song Qian hated that feeling because somehow it showed that she was still care about that person. Her plan of showing to that person how unaffected she could be had crumpled because the moment she found out that he got hurt in the accident, she went insane.

"Song Qian!" Song Qian snapped out when she heard the familiar voices, and her body reflexively stood up as she watched Peter and Mrs. Rose hurriedly approaching her. Song Qian fell inside Mrs. Rose's embrace and the sense of comfort and safe surged inside her as she felt Mrs. Rose tightened the embrace.

"Are you okay? Did you hurt anywhere?" Mrs. Rose immediately checked on Song Qian, but Song Qian quickly reassured them that she was completely fine. The insurance company would handle everything, and she had told them about the accident before coming to hospital. Song Qian was distracted by the sound of creaking door behind her and turned around as she was expecting Nichkhun to walk out from that room.

She noticed how his body froze at the doorway, and probably he was surprised by the sight he was seeing now. Song Qian quickly approached Nichkhun to check on him. He looked perfectly fine but of course Song Qian was worried when he started complaining pain over the chest. He even got a bruise which made Song Qian thought he probably had rib fracture, but Nichkhun convinced her that he did not hit the steering wheel hard enough to cause serious chest injuries.

"I told you I'm completely fine. No fractures, just a bruise and it'll heal in few days. Happy?" said Nichkhun before Song Qian could even ask him. However he did not say in mocking tone because truthfully he was happy because Song Qian was concerned about him. Whoever stood in Song Qian's place probably would give the same reaction, but the person that was standing in front of him is the woman he had hurt in the past and she still concerned about him.

"I just want the confirmation," Song Qian said defensively. Nichkhun tried to refrain himself from grinning because Song Qian just made her feeling so obvious.

"Glad that both of you are fine," Peter interrupted as he stepped closer to Song Qian. Nichkhun just exchanged the smile with Peter and middle age woman that was foreign to him. He guessed that she was probably Song Qian's mother-in-law or Peter's relative.

"Nichkhun, are you sure that you are fine?" Mrs. Rose suddenly asked Nichkhun with warm smile on her face. He was slightly taken aback when she called him by name, and it made Nichkhun realized he had not properly introduced himself to Mrs. Rose.

"I just got myself checked, Madam. By the way, I'm Nichkhun," regardless Mrs. Rose's relation to Song Qian and Peter, she was still an elder

"I'm Rosella. Just call me Aunty Rose," she said in please. It seemed that Song Qian's mother-in-law liked him, but Nichkhun could not be too happy as he noticed the discomfort all over Song Qian's face. He just realized that probably Mrs. Rose had no idea about his history with Song Qian. Peter was not stupid to reveal all Song Qian's dark secrets to his parents because they probably would never accept her into the family if they knew Song Qian used to be a mistress. Nichkhun thought it was better for him to leave now, but he was cut by an unfamiliar woman.

"Qian!" that woman shouted from far, and he guessed she must be their relatives by looking at how their eyes lightened up at the sight of that woman.

"Alex! What are you doing here? I thought you are coming back tomorrow," said Song Qian after she fell inside Alex's embrace.

"I was going to surprise you guys but Peter had told me about the accident. So I rushed coming here from airport. Did you get hurt anywhere?" Alex asked as she moved Song Qian side to side. After checking on Song Qian and made sure that Song Qian was fine, only then the sigh of relief escaped from .

"Aii, there is someone else with us," Alex was surprised when her sight landed on Nichkhun, but then she looked at Nichkhun from head to toes with small smile on her face. She was not giving judging look, but she was more towards admiring his features which it made Nichkhun uncomfortable.

"Just like what they said. You are more handsome in person,"

"Sorry?" asked Nichkhun when he heard Alex whispered something underneath her breath.

"Ah, nothing! I was just talking to myself. By the way, I'm Alex, Peter's sister," Alex offered the handshake, and Nichkhun was just being polite by accepting it. Now he believed that Peter's family had no idea about Song Qian's past, and he was proud of Peter for choosing to protect Song Qian. Nichkhun also did not want to ruin Song Qian's happiness because that was the last thing he would ever do to her.

"It's nice to meet you. By the way, I think I should leave now," Nichkhun glanced at the watch. Somehow he refused to look at Song Qian's face because he did want to see how relieved she was after he said so. Probably she had wished him to go soon.

"Nichkhun, before you go home, will you come to our house for tea. I'm sure that Amanda will be happy to see you," Nichkhun was taken aback by Mrs. Rose's offer, and he could tell that Song Qian, Peter and Alex also were surprised by Mrs. Rose's invitation.

************

NICHKHUN stared at the huge family portrait on the wall of living room, and he could not deny that Song Qian was lucky to have such a beautiful family. This portrait reminded Nichkhun to his family in Korea and how he missed them so badly. Nichkhun had accepted years ago that his family could not be fixed because they would end up hurting each other. He preferred to take all the blame rather than hurting them especially Jasmine.

Somehow he could say that he was jealous of Song Qian. The happiness was so obvious until Nichkhun could say that was the happiest smile of Song Qian that he had ever seen in his life. She was smiling happily beside Joshua, and Alex was next to Peter. This picture probably was taken last year by since Amanda looked around the age of four.

"Why young man? Suddenly missing home?" Nichkhun looked at the side with a small smile on his face. He was not going to deny it because ever since he stepped inside this house and met Mr. Richard for the first time, this old man quickly showed his ability to read Nichkhun' mind.

Nichkhun hoped that Mr. Richard did not dig further down his mind because that old man probably would hate him if he found out that Nichkhun was still in love with Song Qian. Nichkhun recalled the conversation during tea time. Amanda was too excited to see Nichkhun until she pulled him to sit beside her. All the family members were here except JOSHUA because Amanda said Joshua had gone out for date after he fetched her from kindergarten.

"Uncle Nichkhun, let me shows you my room after this," Amanda looked at Nichkhun with big twinkling eyes, but it did not last long because Song Qian had said something that hinted Nichkhun to leave this house right after he finished the foods.

"Uncle Nichkhun has something important to attend later. He has to leave early," Nichkhun noticed the disappointment in Amanda's face, but he could not blame Song Qian either. He knew she was uncomfortable with his presence, but he failed to turn down Mrs. Rose's invitation when she kept insisting him to visit their place.

"I'm sorry Amanda. Probably next time," he did not really mean 'the next time' because he just said that to enlighten this kid, but Amanda took his words as the promise.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter