PART 17

TILL I MET YOU (KHUNTORIA VERSION)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N; I was crying along while writing this chapter. So I hope my readers can feel the emotions that I was trying to pour in this chapter.

 

PEOPLE said that no matter how sad, hurt, or broken you are, life must go on. That was what Song Qian trying to do after Nichkhun had ended their business relationship last week. After Nichkhun sent her back to condo from the airport, they never see or talk to each other since then. The last thing that he said to her was she could stay in that condo as long as she wanted, and he would not stop her if she decided to move out and find a new place to stay.

      Song Qian admitted that she was broken inside, but she had to conceal all the pains by pretending to be strong. She pretended to be fine when Joshua asked her about Nichkhun absence during her late birthday celebration, and she just gave the excuse that Nichkhun was not in Seoul.

     Even Taecyeon was worried after seeing that she was keen in finishing the suit for Nichkhun which she had asked Taecyeon to keep this matter from Nichkhun from the start. She originally planned to give to Nichkhun as Christmas present but now it would become a farewell gift for him. He had given her so many things over the last two years, and this suit was at least the last thing she could give to him in return.

     She spent most of her time at boutique and only left that place after the operating hour regardless her working shift on that day. Song Qian packed her things after she finished changing the uniform into comfortable clothes. She looked inside the locker where the birthday gift from Peter was still there. She had texted to meet after he returned to Seoul, but she did not get any reply from him yet.

     "Qian, let’s hang out with other members tonight. We are not working tomorrow anyway,” Yerin approached her after she had done packing her things. Song Qian had heard them planning to have drinks after work, but she never interested to join them although Yerin would be there.

     "It’s okay, Yerin. They will be more comfortable if I’m not around. So you just go with them,” she replied while placing her shoes inside the locker. Song Qian never stopped her good friend from hanging out with other workers because they only had problem with her and not Yerin.

   "Are you sure that you really don’t want to join us?” Song Qian just nodded as the answer. Then Yerin saw the folded suit inside the paper bag she was holding and curled a happy smile for her.

   “Girl, you had finished making the suit. I’m sure your brother will love it,” Song Qian faked a smile when her friend said so. She lied to Yerin that it was for Joshua so her friend would not question her further about this suit.

   “You should go now. They must have waited for you,” she then dismissed her friend from going into detail conversation, and Yerin kissed her cheek before leaving the room. Song Qian left the boutique shortly after Yerin, and she headed to nearest bus stop as usual to ride the bus to home. Taecyeon had offered to take her to home, but she politely declined him because he had no more reason to be nice to her.

   While she was sitting at the bus stop and waiting for the bus, she saw a sweet couple was standing not far from her. That guy was hugging her girlfriend from behind to keep her warm. Watching that scene made Song Qian missed Nichkhun so badly, and she was so lonely after he left her. She checked her phone with hope there was a message or phone call from him, but she received nothing at all.

    “You really keep your words about being stranger with each other,” she mumbled sadly and quickly blinked back her tears when her sight started to get blurred. While she was trying to hold back her tears, someone was secretly watching over her across the roadside.  

    Song Qian never knew that Nichkhun had always waited for her at the bus stop and secretly followed the bus just to make sure that she arrived at the residence safely. She never knew because he borrowed Christina’s car and the tinted windows had helped him to monitor Song Qian without being caught by her.

     When Taecyeon and Christina discovered that he had ended everything with Song Qian, they freaked out especially Christina. She could not believe that he had let go someone who could finally bring the happiness in his life but could she blame him when all he wanted to do was to stop hurting Song Qian.

     He knew he was such a jerk for bringing Song Qian closer to him and then he dumped her, but he had no other choice. Since he knew that he never could have her in this lifetime, he had to be selfish. He wanted to feel how to be loved by Song Qian and along that period, he discovered that her love had turned him into a greedy person.  

      It was because he finally admitted that she was the soul of his dead heart. He finally realized that when he was with her, he just wanted to be himself again. Despite realizing how meaningful she was to him, he had to let her go because he could not fight anything for her.

     Nichkhun saw the bus had arrived, and he followed the bus as usual after it started to leave the bus stop. He was worried when Taecyeon informed him that Song Qian always returned home after the boutique was closed. She even refused Taecyeon to send her to condo. That was why he came with the idea to follow her every night.

     After the driver dropped Song Qian at the nearest bus stop, he still followed her at the farthest distance where he still could manage to see her until she entered the condominium residence. Only after that he could breathe in relief and drove back to his place.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

BESIDES the clothes, there were not so many things to pack anyway because most of the things in this condo were belonged to Nichkhun. All the expensive jewelry and clothes that Nichkhun had bought for her, she did not plan to bring along with her. She would only bring her things to the new place which she had closed the deal with the landlady yesterday.

      Song Qian could not find other places cheaper than what this landlady had offered to her. She did not mind staying in one building with the landlady because she only rented the second floor of that two storey house. There was outside staircase that led to second floor, so Song Qian was not worried about disturbing each other’s privacy.

      While she was busy folding her clothes to put inside the luggage bags, the doorbell was ringing. She reflexively stood up and even took some times to ensure that she did not mistakenly hear it. Did Nichkhun forget to bring his key or did he only come here to check whether she had left this place or not?

     Whatever his reason was, Song Qian did not care because she really missed him so much. She hurriedly left the room to get the door, but the excitement was washed over by the surprise after she opened the door. She was left speechless because she never expected anyone other than Nichkhun to show up in front of her door.

     “Peter, how did you...,” she was not able to finish her sentence because she still could not believe that it was Peter who was standing in front of her and not Nichkhun.

 ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

SONG QIAN had finished changing her uniform and was ready to meet Peter later to return this dress to him. She could have ripped or burned this dress after she discovered that he had fooled her all this time, but she did not want him to think that she did accept this gift. He actually knew from the beginning that she was someone’s mistress.

      What hurt Song Qian the most was when she discovered who Peter was actually. He had lied to her all this time just to get close to her, and he even dared to convince her to follow him to Hong Kong to start a new life there. Song Qian left the boutique and headed to the restaurant where they were supposed to meet.

       He had made reservation for them in Japanese restaurant, but she had no intention to have meal with him. After paying the taxi fare, she entered the restaurant which the hostess brought her to one of tatami rooms where Peter had waited for her inside there. The hostess then left when Peter told her that he would place the order later.

       “Have a seat,”

       “It’s okay. I don’t plan to stay here longer. I just want to return this to you,” she then went to put that paper bag beside him.

       “I hope this will be the last time we are seeing each other,” she added firmly, but Peter did not seem to take her words seriously.

      “Come on Song Qian! Aren’t you too quick to judge me? Instead of pushing me away, why don’t we grab this opportunity to know each other better? I sincerely want to help you and Joshua,” Song Qian glare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter