PART 22

TILL I MET YOU (KHUNTORIA VERSION)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TODAY Song Qian had a plan to spend her day with Amanda after she had been busy with work for the past few weeks. She was so lucky to have such an understanding daughter, but Song Qian should not take it for granted. Amanda was still at the age where she needed the attention and love from her family especially Song Qian. Moreover her daughter just had won the first place in coloring competition, so Song Qian wanted to celebrate it today.

Plus Song Qian still felt bad for scolding Amanda over the necklace incident few weeks ago. Do not worry because they were in good term. It just Song Qian felt she had to make extra effort to make her daughter happy today. Song Qian chose to wear striped sleeveless shirt and matched it with blue black high waist jeans. Her long brown hair was braided to the side so she could appear younger than her actual age.

Soon after she finished braided her hair, someone knocked her bedroom door few times and the door was swung open before Song Qian could say a word. A cute little girl peeked behind the door, and it made a smile bloomed on Song Qian's lips as she had expected Amanda who had knocked the door.

"Mama!" Song Qian put down the makeup brush and spread her arms wide so she could hug her precious little daughter. Amanda was Song Qian's life, and she could not imagine how her life would be if someone take Amanda away from her.

"Mama, how do I look today?" Amanda took few steps back and spun around so Song Qian could take a good look from all angle. Today they were wearing matching striped shirt as they had promised. Song Qian did not answer Amanda straight away. She even showed disapproval look which made Amanda's smile faded slowly. However the sudden thumb up from Song Qian had brought back Amanda's smile as she giggled shyly over the compliment she had received from Song Qian.

"Of course you look so pretty Honey," she pulled Amanda for a hug.

"You, too,"

"Really?" Song Qian raised an eyebrow as she looked at Amanda with doubt.

"Or you just said that so you can get something from me later?" she said accusingly, but Amanda quickly defended herself.

"You always look pretty Mama. If you don't believe me, you can ask my friends. They will tell you the same," Song Qian slightly blushed even though she had been heard the same compliment from her daughter many times before.

She admitted that she had received a lot of compliments over her beauty from other parents but to Song Qian, beauty is subjective. There were a lot of women prettier than her, but at the same time she did not look down on herself. Song Qian was happy with the way she was because she was embracing the flaws of her body.

"Alright, I believe you. Come let's go now or else we will be late for your movie," Song Qian dismissed the topic as she gathered essential makeup items and put them inside the handbag. Then they walked to downstairs hand in hand and before they left, Song Qian informed the maid that they would not come back for dinner.

They could go home early today because nobody would be at home tonight except Song Qian and Amanda. Joshua was out of the town for short vacation trip, Mr. Richard and Mrs. Rose went to attend funeral of their old friend and would come home tomorrow morning. Peter and Alex had some works to be settled as the deadline approaching so Song Qian did not want to disturb them.

Basically Song Qian planned to take Amanda out for movie today, buy the fluffy toys that Amanda had been eyeing for quite some times, and take her out for dinner. Tomorrow Song Qian had a plan to bring Amanda to water theme park, but she kept it as secret as was going to surprise her daughter. She could at least do that for now to make Amanda happy although Song Qian knew she could do more than this for Amanda's happiness.

**************

AFTER watching 'Coco' movie, they went for lunch before Song Qian brought Amanda to the toys store. Even though Song Qian thought Amanda had more than enough fluffy toys inside her bedroom, Song Qian did not mind to buy more toys for her daughter as long as Amanda was happy. However Song Qian only spoiled Amanda in certain things because most of the time, Song Qian tried to raise her daughter to an independent kid.

After Amanda chose her favorite toys and Song Qian made the payment, they walked out from the store hand in hand. Suddenly Amanda released her hand and ran toward one corner and placed both palms on the glass railing as she looked down at the first floor. Song Qian knew what Amanda was looking at and she started feeling uneasy when Amanda looked at her with sparkling eyes.

God, they were here today to make Amanda happy but Song Qian afraid that she had to say big 'No' to Amanda if she was thinking of playing ice skating. Song Qian had never stopped Amanda before because she knew her daughter loved this sport, but it was different stories back then because either Peter or Joshua would be inside the rink to look after Amanda.

"Mama, I want to play ice skating," she said excitedly as she looked at Song Qian with her big brown eyes. Song Qian had expected that and no matter how much she wanted her daughter to have fun today, she had to turn down her request.

"Honey, you can't go for ice skating today. Papa or Uncle Joshua is not with us today. So I promise you we will come back for ice skating next time," Song Qian slightly bent forward to gently squeeze Amanda's shoulder. To Song Qian surprise, her daughter shoved her hand away as she took few steps away from Song Qian. Her eyebrows met at the centre as she scrunched her nose and pouted her lips like she always did whenever she disagreed with Song Qian.

"You said you will grant anything that I wish for today," she stated with eyes started pooling with tears and at this moment, Song Qian wanted to kick herself for being horrible in ice skating. It was not Song Qian had never tried to learn before. She actually had put the best effort to learn it but every time she tried it, she would end up with either spraining her ankles or extremely aching body sore.

"Honey," she tried to coax Amanda, but her daughter immediately cut her.

"I can play it alone. You can stand at the corner and watch me over there," Song Qian shook her head as she disapproved that idea. Amanda started to cry because she knew that she had failed to convince Song Qian to let her play alone, and Song Qian started to feel embarrass because they started to become the centre of attraction. Anyway this was not Song Qian's first time handling this kind of situation but it just had been a quite long period of time Amanda did not throw the tantrum in public.

"Amanda! Song Qian!" when Song Qian was about to try again coaxing her daughter to abandon the idea of playing ice skating today, they heard familiar voice was calling them. Song Qian felt her heart had skipped a bit and her knees became week as she saw Nichkhun approached them. Amanda immediately ran to get Nichkhun while Song Qian looked away to calm down her nervousness.

"What happened, Dear? Asked Nichkhun as he crouched in front Amanda and wiped away her tears. Amanda started to tell the story to Nichkhun while Song Qian just quietly stood few meters away from them. She even sneakily glanced at Nichkhun who she had been not seeing or hearing any news from him for almost two weeks now.

"Is that the reason why  you are crying like this?" Nichkhun asked amusingly after Amanda had finished her story but noticing that kid was about to cry again, he immediately coaxed her by telling her that he would accompany her to play ice skating.

**************

SONG QIAN was standing at resting area as she watched Amanda was happily skating beside Nichkhun and the scene where they skated hand in hand had almost brought tears in her eyes. Song Qian body jerked forward when she saw Amanda stumbled down but her heart immediately at ease when she watched her daughter only laughed as Nichkhun pulled her up to stand again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter