PART 11

TILL I MET YOU (KHUNTORIA VERSION)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG QIAN noticed that Nichkhun was being quiet and distant with her ever since she woke up from sleep. Did she have done something that has offended him last night? She must have done something after Nichkhun kissed her to shut because she could not remember anything after that. Did she vomit at him? Or did she say something that has hurt him?

She even asked him about it, but Nichkhun asked her back with disappointment all over his face. That reaction made Song Qian was so sure that she had done something that made Nichkhun upset. Song Qian kept thinking and was still thinking even after they had left the camping site. Now they were heading to her village to visit GrandMa Ning's grave, and Nichkhun was driving because both Bo Gum and Joshua had not fully recovered from hangover.

"Ouch! What was that for Qian Noona?! My head still hurt from last night and now you make it worse by hitting me," Bo Gum complained while rubbing the site where Song Qian just hit to make the pain went away.

"We wouldn't get drunk last night if you didn't bring those drinks out," Song Qian blamed Bo Gum for making her drunk and causing her to not remember anything that might hurt Nichkhun’s feeling last night.

"Why are you blaming me? You could refuse to join the game, but you did not. So you can't blame me,"

"Whatever!" she interjected before tried to peek on Nichkhun through rear window. Both Nichkhun and Joshua did not talk much with each other because Joshua was still having headache. He only instructed the direction to Nichkhun when needed, and most of the time only the music from radio echoed in the silence and awkward atmosphere between them.Song Qian drew in her neck when Nichkhun finally noticed her through rear mirror that she was peeking at them.

He looked so serious until she had no gut to peek at him again. Song Qian prayed that Nichkhun’s mood would be okay by the time they arrived at cemetery. They stopped at the flower shop first to buy GrandMa Ning's favorite roses. Honestly those three guys were wearing something too casual to visit cemetery especially Nichkhun who looked insanely cute in his SpongeBob sando and short pants.

Nichkhun did not smile at all when their gazes interlocked, and he just stared at her with serious face before looked away. Song Qian was really hurt but she tried to endure the urge to cry until she was standing in front of GrandMa Ning's grave. She blamed Nichkhun for hurting her feeling and Joshua for saying something emotional that made Song Qian terribly missed GrandMa Ning.

"GrandMa, I'm going to graduate soon and don't worry, I'll go to the best university like you wished for. We miss you so much GrandMa. By the way, Noona already got herself a boyfriend. Pffftt, I can't believe there is a guy that finally likes her," he said before cried out because Song Qian hit his head from the back as she was standing behind him.

"GrandMa!" Joshua whined as if GrandMa Ning was still alive and sitting in front of him. Song Qian wiped away the tears that kept coming out before she paused for a moment and looked down where Nichkhun’s fingers intertwined with hers. She stared at them for while to ensure that she was not hallucinating. She even looked at his face, but then he made it more real by pulling her closer and brought their intertwined hands to other side of her shoulder as he literally hugged her from behind.

Nichkhun did not say anything but only looked at her before he smiled. Song Qian had been with him for two years but she never really understood him because Nichkhun never allowed her to explore inside him. They might have shared countless passionate and sensual moments but there was always the wall between them where Song Qian could never climb to get into his world.

*******************************

THEY just strolled around the village until they ended up at the river where Song Qian had always spent time here looking for inspiration or whenever was upset about something but had no one to share with. Both Joshua and Bo Gum were playing water at shallow area while Song Qian and Nichkhun only watched them from wooden bridge. Song Qian smiled and waved at Joshua as he showed her the fish that he just caught with Bo Gum.

"I can say that your brother is a responsible and protective brother," said Nichkhun as he stared at Song Qian's happy face. She just laughed before it gradually subsided, and Nichkhun looked again at her when she was not laughing anymore.

"Thanks for joining us," she said and Nichkhun shifted his gaze back to the river.

"I don't want to create more troubles if I refuse Joshua. I have fun here anyway," he stated the matter of fact. Then the silence filled between them because Song Qian suddenly lost the word to utter. She actually wanted to thank him for keeping her secret but she did not know how to express it.

"Mr. Nichkhun..,"

"I have to go back to Seoul tonight," they said simultaneously. Song Qian was quite surprised by that news and immediately concealed it by smiling awkwardly.

"What you want to say just now?"

"Huh?"

"Weren't you going to tell me something?" Song Qian pretended to think hard, and she just told him that she was going to ask when he would return to Seoul. Nichkhun nodded and said that she could stay here until Saturday before both of them were quiet again. Song Qian then wanted to apologize if she had done something that offended him last night, but all the planned words disappeared as she felt his arms wrapped around her shoulders.

"Joshua is looking at us," he explained as if he did not want her to misinterpret anything, and she was hurt again by his words. How fool she was for wanting more when all the sweet gestures that he had shown to her were just to provide concrete evidences to Joshua that they were really in relationship. Song Qian allowed Nichkhun to pull her closer while she was coaxing her broken heart. 

"Qian, is that you?" suddenly there was someone called for Song Qian. Song Qian looked to owner of the voice, so did Nichkhun and he frowned after felt that Song Qian moved slightly away from him. Then the emptiness filled his arms when she turned around to face the man that now was standing in front of her. Nichkhun felt the tightness inside his chest as he saw how her eyes blinked in surprise but at the same time there was evident longing in both their eyes. Who is he anyway?

******************************* 

"ARE you curious about them?" asked Joshua when three of them just stood at the bridge and observed both Song Qian and Changmin as they were having private talk under the shade tree.

"Who is he? Your sister's ex-boyfriend?" Bo Gum interrupted and asked on Nichkhun’s behalf.

"Both of them used to love each other but they never went into relationship. He was Qian Noona's high school senior and Changmin went to Seoul after that to study there. They promised to wait for each other and that guy even promised to ask her hand in marriage after he graduated from university. But five months later, he stopped contacting her and later my sister found out that he already had a girlfriend there," Joshua explained briefly the history between Song Qian and Shim Changmin.

"That means that guy cheated on Qian Noona?" Bo Gum asked for clarification as he pointed at Changmin who was chuckling with Song Qian. By the way, what they talked about anyway? Nichkhun did not remove his gaze even after Changmin had noticed his eyes were on them.

"Is he your boyfriend?" he pointed at Nichkhun, and Song Qian just smiled even though she was not looking at the person that he pointed to. She knew that he was referring to Nichkhun, and she nodded to acknowledge his question. Changmin smiled bitterly before he hesitantly reached her hand on lap, and Nichkhun’s body immediately straightened after watched that scene.

"Chill Hyung. Chill, they just having a closure," Joshua tapped his tense shoulder, and Nichkhun did not even know why he must act as if he was the insecure boyfriend. She just told him last night that she liked him even though she remembered none of it which it really upset him. That was why he was being so quiet and distant with her since this morning.

"Qian, I'm really really sorry for breaking my promise. Actually I felt guilty for turning my back on you. That was why I didn't contact you anymore. I didn't know how to face you. But now I'm asking you to forgive me because I don't want you to hate me if we encounter again in the future," he pleaded for forgiveness as he rested his forehead on the back of her hand.

"I have moved on Changmin, and I have forgiven you long time ago. It was hurt at the beginning but I had accepted that we are not meant for each other. Look at us now. You have found your happiness and I have found mine. We are both happy with our lives now, and I never regret loving you," Song Qian held his shoulder to reassure him that everything that just came from was from the bottom of her heart.

She might have loved him once, and she had to say that Changmin was the first guy she ever loved in her life after her late father but she never knew that she could love someone more than what her heart had offered to Changmin after she involved with Nichkhun. Nichkhun never promised her anything but her heart had loved him as if it was ready to be crushed and broken by him. Her love went deeper as day passed even though he never opened up to her. She had loved him unconditionally although deep inside her, she wanted him to love her back.

"Thank you Qian. Thank you so much. I hope that he is really the one for you," he sincerely prayed for her happiness. While those two finally had a closure, Nichkhun was evidently restless until both Bo Gum and Joshua laughed at him.

"What are you afraid of Hyung? That Qian Noona will run back to him?"

"Huh?" Nichkhun asked with puzzled face because he did not even realize that the insecurity had engulfed him without his permission. This was his first time to feel insecure about someone's ex-flame when he obviously was meant nothing to Song Qian now. She might used to love Changmin, but he was the first man that ever touched her and claimed her soul.

"Don't worry Hyung. My Noona has chose to be with you," Joshua reassured him, and suddenly he was confident again after recalled her confession last night.

*******************************  

NICHKHUN had changed into comfortable outf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter