PART 20

TILL I MET YOU (KHUNTORIA VERSION)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"SO it is true that Song Qian is married to Peter, and she is living happily there with her new family," Christina sighed after she heard that news from Nichkhun as they were having video call but deep inside her heart, she felt sorry for Nichkhun. Even though six years had passed and Nichkhun seldom brought up Song Qian's name in their conversations, Christina knew that he still loved that woman.

"I'd witnessed with my own eyes that she is doing well in here, so I should be happy for her," Nichkhun gave a tight smile, and Christina knew that he was being sincere with his words. Even after Nichkhun found out about Song Qian from Taecyeon, his brother wished nothing but long lasting happiness for the woman he loved although it broke his heart at the same time.

Nichkhun did not say it, but it written all over his face. Christina realized that people could not have everything in this world. Sometimes we had to let something go even though it broke our hearts, and Christina respected Nichkhun for being brave and strong to let go the love of his life.

Nothing had been easy for Nichkhun in the past six years, and she had witnessed every moment and steps Nichkhun had made in his journey to find himself again. No word could describe how proud she was with Nichkhun, and she would remember him as one of the bravest and selfless person she had ever met in this world. Nichkhun frowned when he saw Christina wiped something beneath her eyes as she dropped her face.

"Hey, are you crying?" he asked teasingly which made Christina immediately lifted up her face in annoyance.

"No!" she defended herself even though her red eyes had proven otherwise. Yes it was true that she was crying, but she just did not want him to for being such a cry baby even though she had become the mother of two children. Christina was still in maternity leave as she just gave birth to a cute chubby baby boy two months ago.

"Whatever," Nichkhun stuck out his tongue, and Christina just rolled her eyes at his silliness.

"Where is Daniel? Is he sleeping?"

"Jasmine was playing with him just now and probably they both have fallen asleep since I don't hear any noise from downstairs," Nichkhun' smile turned bitter after Christina mentioned their youngest sister. Ever since Jasmine found out about Song Qian in Nichkhun' life, she had been distant from Nichkhun and one day she just completely stopped talking to him.

"Is she doing fine?" asked Nichkhun in concern as he knew what Jasmine had been gone through lately. She was caught in scandalous rumor where she was accused for being the third party and almost caused that famous celebrity couple to break up. Even though he was not close with Jasmine, he knew that she would never do something that could ruin other people happiness.

"Just give her the time. Anyway this was not the first time people are trying to bring her down. She will stand up again on her own feet soon," Christina said with ease because she believed that Jasmine was a strong person, and she had gone so many difficulties to stand at her level now.

"She is as strong as you, but you are the strongest person I ever know after Dad. I just wish that you will find your happiness again," Christina added, and Nichkhun just shrugged his shoulders to conceal how touched he was every time Christina expressed her admiration for him. After they ended the video call, Nichkhun went to bathroom to take shower.

After he took off the clothes and threw it inside the basket, he faced the mirror and his gaze fell on the ring that hung on stainless steel necklace he was wearing. It felt so funny that he always wore it when he actually supposed to take it off and throw it somewhere else because that ring reminded him to Song Qian. Nichkhun took the necklace off and placed the ring on his palm.

No one knew that he had reserved this silver band for Song Qian's birthday and gave it to her as promise ring, but he ended up keeping it to himself. There were initial letters of their names with word 'Always' engraved inside the band, and how crazy he must be at that time to even dreaming about having a life with Song Qian. Nichkhun shook his head to stop him for recalling the memories he had shared with Song Qian.

**************

IT had been three days since the first and the last time she encountered with Nichkhun, and she wondered if he had returned to Korea. Even Amanda kept asking about Nichkhun and wondered if she could spend the time with him if they meet again. It seemed not only Amanda was excited to meet Nichkhun but Peter, too. Probably he just wanted to show off to Nichkhun that they had been living a good life in this city.

"Papa, can we go to bookstore after this? I've decided to buy story book to Jason," Song Qian snapped out from her thought when she heard Amanda's voice, and she almost forgot that she was in mall with Peter and Amanda because her daughter wanted to buy a birthday present for her friend.

"Sure Darling. Anything for you," said Peter as he playfully pinched Amanda's nose. They just finished buying a dress for Amanda for Jason's birthday party next week.

"Mama, do you think Jason will like my present?" now she asked Song Qian with unsure look. Song Qian was quiet for a moment as the face of Chinese boy with his nerdy look popped out in her head. Probably reading was his hobby, but Song Qian could not promise Amanda that her friend would definitely like her present.

"Honey, listen to me. It doesn't matter if he likes or not the present but as long as it comes from your heart, it is good enough," Peter smiled as she heard Song Qian gave a piece of advice about life to their daughter. God had blessed his life with their presence, and he would do anything to protect them and make them happy.

Amanda regained her confidence as she immediately dragged Song Qian to the bookstore and Peter had to catch up with them from behind. Song Qian just chuckled at her daughter's cuteness, but the smile on her face faded away when Amanda suddenly released Song Qian's hand and ran to someone as she called out that person name.

"Uncle Nichkhun!" Peter surprised when he heard that name, and his smile faded away as he felt a tug in his heart when he saw Amanda ran and hugged Nichkhun' thigh. Now he believed in what Song Qian had told him last time about Amanda's attachment towards Nichkhun. As much as he surprised to see Nichkhun, he guessed that Nichkhun felt the same way right now based on the look on his face.

Nichkhun removed his gaze from Song Qian and Peter because it hurt to see them together. Nichkhun had prepared his heart for it but seeing them together with his own eyes, the heartache somehow unbearable. Nichkhun tried to mask the heartache by diverting his attention to Amanda. His face softened as his eyes landed on that cute face, and Nichkhun could not deny this little girl somehow had a place in his heart.

"Hey, Cutie! Long time no see," he said while pinching her nose because he had expected the girl to love it. Amanda giggled and her eyes were sparkling in happiness because she was too excited as she finally was able to meet again her crush.

"What are you doing here, Uncle Nichkhun?"

"Hurm, I just looking around to find some books,"

"Me too. I'm here to buy book for my friend for his birthday," she stated cutely as if she was trying to make Nichkhun fall over with her cuteness. Nichkhun tried to focus his attention to Amanda even though he could see that Peter went to hold Song Qian's hand before they both approached him. Nichkhun used to hold that hand when Song Qian was his woman, but now he had to accept that she was belonged to other guy.

"Hey, Nichkhun! How are you? It has been years since we last saw each other," said Peter as he extended his hand for handshake. Nichkhun straightened his body and tried to smile as genuine as possible when he accepted the handshake.

"Yeah," he replied shortly before shifting his gaze to Song Qian. She obviously looked awkward, and it was not weird to have that feeling since she was standing between her ex-lover and her husband.

"Uncle Nichkhun, what kind of books you are looking for?" Amanda's energetic voice broke the awkwardness. Nichkhun looked at the small hand that was holding his with soft gaze, and somehow he loved the way she looked at him. She definitely had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter