Chapter 4 - Being In Love

Til I Reach You

Chapter 4 – Being In Love

            “Stay in here,” Siwon said as he turned off his car.

            I looked at him, confused, but curious as to what he was planning.  We had arrived at my favorite restaurant, as he had promised, but I still wasn’t quite sure what his aim was here.  He’s been asking me out for months, but did he seriously like me?  Or is he mixing up friendship and caring with love?  I mean, I have nothing against gays, but I’m not gay myself and I have never be attracted to another man in my whole life.  I don’t even know how else to put him down other than my blunt responses.

            He opened my door with a wide smile on his face, his eyes seeming to twinkle under the night sky.  He gave his keys to the valet before reaching out his hand again.  This time, I took it to appease him.  His smile seemed to get even wider.  He hooked my arm around his and gently led me out of the car and into the restaurant.  He said something to the waiter while I looked around the restaurant.  It hadn’t changed much besides from the new chandeliers on the ceiling.  The waiter led us to the back part of the restaurant, near the windows to allow us to gaze at the evening sky.  Siwon, the gentleman he was, pulled out my chair and settled me in before taking his own.  The waiter handed us our menus and left after Siwon ordered our first glass of wine.

            I already knew what to order as this was my favorite place, giving me time to look over at Siwon’s scrunched eyebrows as he gazed upon the menu.  I mean, he’s the perfect guy.  He’s smart, caring, and sweet.  He’s the heir to the Choi Company.  He’s fluent in multiple languages.  He volunteers at the local orphanage once a week.  He treats everybody like they’re royalty while acting like a prince himself.  And, for goodness sakes, everybody knows that he’s good looking.  I would admit that he was the best looking person in the whole of Korea if I wasn’t in Korea myself.  Anybody who’s anybody that he’s met has to have fallen for him at least once.  But that’s just it, I haven’t.  I’ve always seen him as a brotherly figure.  Most of all, I don’t even know what it means to fall at all.  Attracted to someone, yes.  But, love?  Now that’s unmarked territory for me.

            As I continued to look at him, his eyes caught mine and he smiled sweetly, setting down his menu.  “I would attempt to tease you right now except for the fact that I kind of like it that you’re looking at me,” he said, a slight blush coming onto his cheeks before looking at the waiter who came back to our table.

            The waiter poured our first glass of wine and took our orders before leaving again.  As soon as he left, Siwon turned his gaze back at me before tilting his cheeks and setting it down on the palm of his hands.  “Has anyone ever told you how handsome you are,” he asked, lifting his eyebrows.

            I scoffed as his attempt to flirt.  “It’s not the first time I’ve heard it,” I muttered, taking a sip of my wine as I watched him frown slightly.  “But it’s the first time I believe it.”  His frown turned into an even brighter smile.  Dear gosh, what’s with him and his happy face?

            “That makes me happy,” he said, taking a sip of his own wine before setting it aside.  He turned his gaze back onto me again.  Why does he keep looking at me like that?  It doesn’t make me uncomfortable, but I can’t help but feel curious.

            “By the way,” I said, putting down my own glass of wine.  “Did you hear what our mothers are planning for next weekend?”

            The smile on his face dropped before sighing and leaning back onto his chair, ruining his princely image.  Instead, it was replaced by a tired man.  Tired of fulfilling his parents’ dreams and wishes.  He was me a year ago, before I met Sungmin.  I remembered the loss of his smile before I left for dinner.  Why am I thinking about that right now?  I turned my attention back to Siwon, who ran his fingers through his hair.  “Yes, I have, of course,” he said.  “But, I wish they would cancel it.  I’ve made it pretty clear that I don’t bat for that team.  I thought they supported me.”

            I chuckled at his comment.  “I’m pretty sure it’s not for you,” I said, causing him to tilt his head in curiosity.  “My mom’s been extremely worried about my love life and I think she’s dragging you in to make me feel more comfortable.”  I shrugged before taking another sip of wine.

            Before Siwon could respond, the waiter had come back with our first course.  We gladly dug in, going course after course, our serious conversation dropped.  We discussed other matters, mainly dealing with friendly gossip.  Such as the fact that his main designer, Zhoumi, had recently admitted to be dating my Henry Lau from Lau Industry.  It was our typical conversation and it was like we jumped back into the good old days.  By the end of it, we, or mainly I, was slightly tipsy from our glasses of wine.  We were finishing up our chocolate cakes for dessert when he stopped to gaze into my eyes again.  The look was back again.

            Was he seriously in love with me?  Or, like I said before, was he mixing up his feelings?

            More importantly, was I in love with him?

            No.  I don’t feel it.

            I looked away, trying to hide the embarrassment that started to build up.  I didn’t think these emotions actually existed until a while ago.  Sungmin’s words really changed me, no matter how insignificant and small they seemed to be.  They made a huge impact and I’m kind of happy to be able to feel such feelings.  I’m going off point again.

            Focus.

            “Are you ready,” he asked, gesturing for the waiter to give us the check.  I nodded while taking a drink of water.

            After arguing who would pay for dinner, which he of course won, he led me back to his car and started to head to my condo.  He parked in the garage, insisting to take me back himself.  He opened my door for me again and we walked quietly, but comfortably up to my condo.  We stopped in front of my door as I opened it.  “Do you want to come in for a cup of tea,” I asked, shifting my coat to my other arm as I kept the door open.

            Siwon shook his head before giving me a small smile.  “But Kyuhyun,” he began, looking straight into my eyes.

            “Yes Siwon,” I asked, giving him a smile back.

            He scratched the back of his neck, seeming to be a bit nervous.  “You know, if your mom is giving you trouble…”

            I shook my head and chuckled.  “You know how she is,” I began before being stopped when he raised his arms to stop me.

            “No, let me finish,” he said, dropping his arms and taking a short breath before continuing.  “Your love life.  Why don’t you let me be a part of it?”  I opened my mouth to respond but was stopped again when he gave me a look.  “I like you.  A lot.  You don’t have to answer me right now.  But, do me a favor and look at me as a man and really consider me.”

            I honestly didn’t know what to say.  I could only nod my head and he smiled in relief.  When I thought it was over, he suddenly leaned forward to pull me into a hug.  It was harmless really, so I hugged him back.  That was, of course, until he pulled back and kissed my cheek before gazing into my eyes.  “Good night,” he whispered before letting my waist go and winking.

            I could only touch my cheek as he walked into the elevator.  He caught my gaze and I felt my cheeks flush.  He winked again and smiled brightly.

            What was that?

^^^^^^^^^^

A/N:  Hello all!  I’m really sorry this was short, but I didn’t think adding another scene or time period would fit.  Plus, I thought it was a cute way to show off Kyuwon.  Anyone start to fall for Siwon yet? ;)

I mean, don’t get me wrong, as much as I love Kyumin, I’m quite loving Siwon’s character in this one.  But, we do need Sungmin back, don’t we?  So, don’t kill me yet!  I swear he’ll come back…at…you know…some point…

And, ooh, a little look into Kyuhyun’s mindset.  I’ll try to explain things more in the coming chapters.  But, ask me if you have any questions!

Don’t forget to comment, subscribe, and vote!  I truly appreciate them and it heavily encourages me to write!

And if you’re waiting for an update for the one shots…I will release one soon!  I have a plot, I just need to set it all up to break your wonderful hearts ;)