Chapter 1 - Begin Again

Til I Reach You

Chapter 1 – Begin Again (Cho Kyuhyun’s POV)

1 Year Later…

            “Mr. Cho, you only have two schedules today,” a man said tentatively from my office door.

            “You don’t have to stay behind the door,” I muttered, looking up from my work. 

            A brown haired man walked into my office, dressed in a neat suit with a white button up and blue tie.  He looked at me through his glasses, his brown eyes piercing through my head.  “You really have changed,” he muttered, pushing his glasses up.

            I chuckled quietly.  “I have no idea why people keep telling me that,” I said, leaning back on my chair and taking my glasses off.  “Now, won’t you enlighten me Mr. Jungsu?”

            “Because you have,” he muttered as he looked through his notebook.  “You have lunch with the Lees and a meeting with Mr. Kim right after.”

            “Where are we having lunch,” I asked, checking my watch.

            “The Mouse-Rabbit,” Jungsu replied.  “You might want to start heading out if you want to make it on time.”

            “I figured,” I said, standing up from my chair.  I shrugged my coat on as I lightly patted Jungsu’s back.  “Are you coming too?”

            “Of course I am,” he said, following me out the door.  “What would you do without me?”

            I laughed at his statement and we made our way out of the building.  The drive over was quick since the traffic was pretty light, which was rare these days.  We walked into a small, cooled café, greeted by the ever delicious smell of coffee.

            Two men sat across the café, giggling over their cups of coffee.  There was a warm air between them as they looked at each other.  Jungsu and I made out way to the two men.  “You guys are as lovey dovey as always,” I said, sitting next to Donghae as Jungsu took a seat next to Hyukjae.

            “You’re just jealous,” Donghae said, sticking his tongue out.

            “It’s true,” I muttered, chuckling.

            Donghae gently punched my shoulder.  “You know, for someone who yelled at me the first time we met, you’ve become really sweet this past year,” he said, looking at Hyukjae, who nodded in agreement.

            “I’ve been telling him the exact same thing,” Jungsu said, before waving a waitress over.

            “Did you get a girlfriend,” Hyukjae teased, but tilted his head in curiosity.

            “Of course not,” I said, rolling my eyes.  I turned to the waitress and ordered my usual cup of coffee, but made sure that they added the cream and sugar.

            “Well, you had to have met someone who turned you into this,” Hyukjae exclaimed. 

            I shook my head and simply waved them off.  I wasn’t ready to tell them about the blonde man a year ago.  I wasn’t ready to tell them about the thoughts I had in my mind before I met him.  I wasn’t ready to admit that the blonde man had changed me.  No, not until I find him and tell him first.

            “Anyways, how was the honeymoon,” Jungsu asked, passing me my cup of coffee.

            “It was absolutely perfect,” Donghae said, sighing at the thought.  “Thank you again for that Kyuhyun.”

            “It was Jungsu’s idea,” I muttered, not wanting to get mushy.

            Donghae and Hyukjae laughed, shaking their heads.  “No matter how much he rejects it, it was his idea,” Jungsu said, taking a sip of his coffee.

            We took our time, sipping our coffee and talking about Donghae and Hyukjae’s honeymoon.  They had originally just planned to go to the Philippine Islands, but I had also sent them to Paris and Donghae’s hometown for a couple of days.  They received a full treatment out of one of the hotels I owned in Paris and were treated like kings, according to Donghae, who seemed to have really enjoyed the trip. 

            “Oh,” Jungsu suddenly exclaimed, looking down at his watch.  “We have to go.  Mr. Kim hates when the others are late.”  Donghe pouted as Hyukjae looked over at Kyuhyun with puppy dog eyes, both asking him to stay just a little bit longer.

            I sighed.  “He’s such a diva,” I muttered, rolling my eyes.  The others widened their eyes in shock.  “What?”

            “Man, you really have changed,” Hyukjae said, chuckling. 

            The rest could only laugh as I shook my head in defeat.  After promises of meeting again, I followed Jungsu out to the car and made our way back to my office.

            “Why am I meeting him again,” I asked, taking off my jacket as we made our way to the big meeting hall.

            “He’s going to discuss his firm’s plans about our next joint project with H&K,” he said, taking off his jacket too.

            “Did Hangeng approve of this project or is it just on the whim again,” I said, running my fingers through my hair as we walked into the room.

            Jungsu laughed and nodded as he closed the door.  The room was filled with men in suits, sipping their coffee or tea as they talked to each other, pretending to be important.  I could only shake my head as I made my way to the front of the room.  I took a seat and Jungsu took the one beside me.  It wasn’t long until everybody settled down and Heechul walked to the front beside me to stand behind a podium.  He put up his power point and began to discuss our next project, which was to be a new clothing line for the upcoming autumn season.

            I sat there, absolutely bored, but trying to put up a front.  I never liked meetings, or, more specifically, I never liked meetings when Heechul was at the front of the room.  The way people stared intently at the speaker always bothered me because you knew more than half of them weren’t really paying attention.  The other half was typically just checking him out.  I mean, sure he was good looking, I guess, but it was getting a bit creepy considering that they were all in their late forties and we were in our twenties.

            The lights suddenly flashed on, snapping everyone out of their daze.  “So, Mr. Cho, what do you think about it,” Heechul suddenly asked, turning everybody’s attention to me.

            I glanced down at the notes in front of me and could see Jungsu nod, knowing that I hadn’t been paying attention.  “I think it’s good, let’s get to work on it immediately,” I said, trusting Jungsu’s judgement.

            Heechul smiled and waved everyone else off.  “You guys can go now,” he said, bowing politely to dismiss them.  “Can I talk to you a bit more then?”

            I nodded and waited for everyone to leave.  However, I didn’t notice a short brown haired man linger in the back, as if waiting for someone.  “So, what’s up,” I asked, dropping all formalities as I leaned back on my chair.

            Heechul laughed, taking a seat on the other side of me.  “I know you weren’t paying any attention you dork,” he said, punching me lightly.  “But, anyways, we have our collaborator here with us.  He’ll be going back and forth between our two companies to make sure everything is all right.  But, he’ll be here the majority of the time since Hangeng wants you guys more involved since I am apparently a control freak.”

            I laughed at the statement.  “You are a control freak,” I interjected, making him frown.  “But, I’ll go ahead and set an office up for the guy.  Where is he?”

            “He’s right over there,” Heechul said, pointing over to the short brown haired man who had lingered in the back.

            The man slowly made his way over, his head bowed down to the point where I couldn’t see his face.  I decided to stand up to let him feel a bit more comfortable.  He was dressed in a navy blue suit, with a pink tie.  Strange choice.  He was about a foot from me when he stopped and finally looked up, sticking out his hand for a handshake.

            I gazed into the ever familiar brown eyes and brushed my eyes over his entire, snow colored face.  I looked onto his lightly shaded cheeks.  And I could only watch as his beautiful voice made their way into my ears.  “Hello, my name is Lee Sungmin,” he said, giving me a warm smile.

            He wasn’t blonde anymore.

^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: I’m sorry that not too many things happened in this chapter, but we had to find out what Kyuhyun was up to…and, you know, they had to meet again…

Hopefully, the next chapter will be longer, but I know there’ll be a lot more things happening in the next installment.

I don’t know why this is in Kyuhyun’s POV, but it felt like it should be.  I don’t know if I’ll change it back and forth, but I highly doubt it.  I kind of like writing in 1st person.  Tell me if you have a different opinion.  Thanks!