Chapter 9 - Oblivious

Til I Reach You

Chapter 9 – Oblivious

            Voices started to ring through my ears and I closed my eyes even tighter.  I kept a groan in as I felt my right cheek throb.  Dear Shisus that hurts.  I resisted the urge to move as I became slowly familiar with the situation.  Two deep toned voices were discussing something quietly as a hand brushed through my hair.  One sounded mad as the other was desperately begging for forgiveness.  It sounded so much like Jungsu, meaning that the other person was Kangin.  Then who the heck was messing with my hair.  I suppressed the urge to peek in order to listen into the conversation.

            “You had no right to do that,” Jungsu hissed.

            “He was hugging my boyfriend,” Kangin responded, begging for him to understand.

            “Because you’re an idiot and you made him cry!  What else was the guy supposed to do?  And why are you here in the first place?”

            “Because I was going to beg for his forgiveness!”

            “Oh shut up,” Leeteuk growled.  “As if you’re actually capable of doing something like that.”

            “He’s my boyfriend,” Kangin repeated.

            “You two are on a break!”

            “Shut up you two,” a voice said, causing the lap underneath my head to vibrate.  “You’ll wake him!

            This might go too far.  I fluttered my eyes open and groaned, trying my best to act as if I had just woken up.  My eyes planted themselves towards the hand on my hair, which led up to Sungmin’s face.  I smiled at the view.  “What happened,” I muttered, rubbing my cheek.  “Are you okay?”

            He smirked.  “I think I should be the one asking you that,” he muttered, gently touching my cheek.  “Does it hurt much?  I just took off the ice pack a couple of minutes ago.”

            “It’ll pass,” I said, before turning to the arguing couple across the room.

            Jungsu was fuming, but his eyes seemed warm as he watched me.  Kangin, on the other hand, only glanced before turning his gaze back to Sungmin.  “Well, are you going to say something,” Sungmin growled.  I watched as his warm expression disappeared, turning into that of someone who wanted revenge.  I would never want to be on that end of the spectrum.

            Kangin sighed before looking me in the eye.  “I’m sorry,” he muttered, before looking away, seeming to be uncomfortable.

            I sighed and shook my head.  “No worries,” I muttered, trying to sit up.  Sungmin placed his hand on my back and helped me up.

            Jungsu was about to say something when the door suddenly opened, revealing a prancing Donghae.  “Good afternoon world,” he said, smiling as he had his arms wide open above his head. 

Hyukjae followed in, collapsing onto his knees, completely out of breath.  “Jeez Hae, how many times do I have to tell you to knock,” he muttered, looking around and sensing the atmosphere.

Donghae looked down at his husband and pouted.  “But Kyukyu is my friend,” he whined before looking at the people in front of him.  As he read the expressions on our faces, his pout slowly disappeared and turned into that of concern.  “I know I should leave, but Kyu looks like he just got beat up.  Either one of you fess up and tell me who it is or I smack it out of all of you.”

“Calm down honey,” Hyukjae said, standing up.

“I swear that when I find out who did this, I will take him to the depths of the earth and slowly roast him alive,” Donghae continued, glaring at the people in the room.

Kangin gulped as Jungsu and Sungmin watched, amused.  “No one needs to tell him,” I said, rolling my eyes.  “Calm down Hae, I just fell down the stairs.”

Donghae stopped glaring and turned towards me.  “Really,” he asked, his eyes twinkling again.  “Oh, you silly clumsy Kyu!”  He ran towards me and ruffled my hair. 

I moved away from his touch and looked up at him.  “As much as I love random visits, why don’t you tell me why you’re here,” I asked, fixing up my hair.

He clapped his hands together while Hyukjae made his way towards me.  Behind them, I noticed Kangin being pushed out by Jungsu.  “You know tomorrow’s Saturday and mom has plans for you, right,” he asked.

I nodded and looked beside me.  Sungmin was watching in amusement.  I looked back at the married couple in front of me.  “And,” I asked.

“Well, we’re here to make sure you have proper clothes to wear and such,” he continued.

“So you’re basically here just to make sure I come tomorrow,” I asked, rolling my eyes.

“Obviously,” Hyukjae interjected.  “If you don’t come, your mother will skin us alive.”

I laughed at the image.  “Don’t worry, I’ll be there,” I said, standing up to pat them both on the shoulder.

“You two are related,” Sungmin asked, confused.

“Yes, he’s my brother,” I muttered, gently jabbing Hyukjae on his rib.

“And he’s my idiot younger brother who loves to work,” Hyukjae interjected, poking me back.  “I was supposed to take over the company, but he loved me enough to do it himself.  Plus, I have to help this little fishy run his own company.”  He looked lovingly towards Donghae.

Sungmin looked at the couple with a face that I couldn’t quite read.  Again.  I sighed inwardly.  Why are emotions getting harder and harder for me to read?  “That’s sweet,” Sungmin whispered, almost as if he was talking to himself.

Donghae giggled and gently patted Hyukjae’s face.  “Anyways, we better go.  I promised Heechul that we would stop by today,” he said, hugging me tight.

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow then,” I said, hugging him back.

“Hey, let go of the wifey,” Hyukjae said, gently pulling him away.

I laughed at his reaction.  “Always the jealous one, aren’t you Hyuk,” I muttered, gently patting him on the back.

“You know it,” Donghae said, winking as he pulled a blushing Hyukjae out of the room.

I sighed as the door closed before turning towards Sungmin.  He looked warmly towards the door before meeting my gaze.  Suddenly, his eyes turned dark again.  “Are you still mad at me Sungmin,” I asked, taking a seat next to him.

He sighed and looked towards me.  “I’m not mad,” he muttered.

I reached towards his face to brush his hair away.  “Although I’m not completely in touch with my emotions, I’m pretty sure your actions consist with that of someone who is mad,” I said softly.

He let out a little smile.  “It’s cause you keep doing this,” he said, gesturing to my hand on his face.  “And you do these little things that make me feel special.  But then, it turns out you actually love Jungsu.”

My eyebrows seemed to move on its own as I began to understand the situation.  “That,” I said, chuckling.  “We love each other like brothers.  We’re childhood friends.  We’re nothing more than that.”

I watched Sungmin’s breath catch for a moment.  “Oh god,” he said, hiding his face between his hands.  “I did something stupid again.”  I watched as his cheeks started to turn pink. 

I continued to laugh.  “You seem to be the touchy type,” I muttered.  “Though I don’t seem to understand why.”

After a couple of minutes, my laughter slowly died down and his cheeks returned to a normal color.  “I’m sorry,” he muttered again.

“It’s really no worry,” I said, gently patting his knee.  “However, I would like to know one thing in exchange.”

He dropped his hands and turned towards me before tilting his head.  “What would you like to know,” he asked.

“What did you mean about me being the man in the coffee shop,” I asked.

I watched as Sungmin’s cheeks turned pink all over again.

^^^^^^^^^^

A/N:  Hello!  Sorry nothing happened, but it was more of a filler chapter until we get to the good stuff.  Luckily, we know now that there’s a party next chapter, we’re about to learn about what Sungmin knows, and Hyukjae is Kyuhyun’s older brother.  However, how does this all wrap up?  Hehehe….we’ll know…perhaps tomorrow…

Kekeke, I’m excited about the next chapter and I hope you are too!

So…in preparation for Chapter 10 being next, how about we get the comments up to 40 and the subscribers up to 60?  I mean, I’m not making it a requirement…but I would love to see it : )

By the way, has everybody listened to ‘Alright’ by SJ?  Shisus, I think I’ve officially fallen in love with a new song…