Ahjumma

100 Days [HIATUS]

In the car

Narsha's POV

On the way to ahjumma, the car ride was silent except for the occasional bump on the road. We'd been in the car for nearly 2 hours as ahjumma wanted to be buried in a field with flowers, or so she told me when she found out she had skin cancer. By the time we had both gotten the results, the cancer already reached to level 4. What started a small mole on her neck became a deadly disease that had taken her life. Ahjumma worked all day and night to support the both of us.

Flashback

"Ahjumma? Where did she go?" She said she went out to work early this morning but still hasn't come back. I checked the time on the clock in our neighbour's house through the window. Close to 11:30pm.... Just then ahjumma walked through the doors with a small paper bag. I knew what was in it... Bread from the nearby bakery. Ahjumma collected garbage and took what she could salvage and sell. I always tell her that I want to help her but she would never listen. "No child, you must focus on school, here I bought you dinner. I'm sorry I took so long, I woke up late, I need to beat the garbage collectors next time. *Late begging the neighbours for bread and milk to feed me before going to school.* I ended up eating the crust of the sandwiches they ate for lunch the day before and milk left out of the fridge for a couple of hours.

"Ahjumma, you don't have to get food for me in the mornings, it's too early for me to eat anyways."

"No, you need food to get your brain working. You must study hard so we don't have to worry about such things anymore. Quickly eat the bread and go to sleep." she smiled at me. I halved it and gave her some.

"Oh, no I already ate, it's okay... you eat all of it." *LIAR... You looked at it like it was the most precious piece of bread in the world.*

"No it's okay, it late and I don't want to eat a lot because I might gain weight." That was the lamest excuse; I don't have an ounce of fat on myself.

Thanks to that, the kids at school didn't like me. *Try starving and see just how fun it is.* I thought bitterly at the time.

End of Flashback

Cough....Cough COUGH COUGH COUGH. "Sangchu, what did you shove in your mouth to make you cough like that?" Beside Sangchu, Shorry J snickered.

"He was trying to get your attention madame. You looked troubled so he coughed to get your attention."

"I don't think it will work..." I said trailing off.

"Don't think what will not work?" ask Sangchu

"If you want a woman's attention without being lazered from her glares, I suggest you act like a strong man and not some contagious scum... Or at least try to."

"Oh, I will take your advice madame... but are you alright?"

"Mmm." I responded

"Are you sure madame?" pestered Sangchu

"Yes! So shut your hole!" I replied louder than I intended to.

They both looked at each other than snickered.

"Chaesoowamnida madame, we didn't know." Shorry J said

"Know what?"

"That it was 'that time of the month' for you. We'll leave you alone." Sangchu and Shorry J laughed.

I chucked my clutch at them both switch made the limo swerve a little. That made them both laugh even harder, I sighed. These two clowns are always like this. Why am I even surprised? Kikwang on the other hand was looking out the window. 

When we had arrived at the graveyard, I told them to wait by the car or to look around, not that they would see much as it was already dark.

I reached the grave which had Jung Gasuk engraved on the headstone along with a message from Narsha and the Gasuk's death date.

"I am here ahjumma. You thought I had forgotten you didn't you? I could never forget you. Not after what we've been through together. Are you happy where you are ahjumma? It's too bad you left me early, if you only stayed a little while longer, you would have been living the life of luxury. I was 22 when the company had been labelled as one of the most successful. No one believed I could do it, only a handful of people which I treasure. The girls, they believed in me, Shorry J, Sangchu and Kikwang too. But you believed in me too right? You sent me blessings from heaven didn't you? *sigh* I miss you ahjumma. Right now I am at my greatest; I am successful with no need or wants my money can't satisfy. But why is it that I feel like something is missing? ....

It's getting late, I'll visit you again soon." I said and put the pink roses down.

 

I reached the limo and climbed in. Sangchu stuck his finger up Shorry J's nose to wake him up. Shorry J started the limo and Kikwang climbed in to sit next to her, out of breath. "Where were you?" "I was finishing this off. He took out a ring of woven flowers from behind his back and put it on my lap.

"They are the flowers from the field, it took me longer to find only the prettiest ones because there was no light. I made it into a ring so you can hang it somewhere." he smiled at his achievement. I threw the woven flowers next to me and lean back. "I'm tired, wake me once we arrive home araso?"

"Ne noona." I heard the sadness in his voice in failing to impress me, that boy was too innocent .... Just like ahjumma.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poor Kikwang :'(

Anyways sorry for the short update. Will try to make the next one a bit longer and update mor regularly :) And as always, photos and gifs forr you! MY AWESOME READERS!! <3

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well... Good night :)

Sleep tight, shall see you all next chapter ^^