Save Himself

Fix the World [CYOA/Interactive]

Sehun’s eyes shot open, revealing the bright sunlight reflecting off of the pristine white clouds. “Am I dead?” Sehun whispered to himself as he looked around at the endless expanse of clouds. Even though he was in control of all the air, he never experienced the beauty of it all.

“You are, but you are not.” A female said behind him. Sehun quickly turned around and saw a woman with beautiful cream-colored wings. Sehun looked at her in gentle confusion as he asked who she was. The woman gently smiled before floating closer to Sehun. “That is not important.” She slowly knelt on the clouds before placing her hand on Sehun’s shoulder. “What’s important is that you reunite your family.”

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. “I don’t understand…”

The angel-woman stood. “Walk with me and I’ll explain.” Sehun hesitantly stood up, feeling a slight weight on his back. He looked behind him and saw smooth, pale blue wings attached near his shoulder blades. Sehun froze in shock.“Like I said.” The woman calmly ushered Sehun forward. “I’ll explain while we walk.” 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

Sehun and the woman stopped once she finished explaining. “So…” Sehun started. “I’m an angel.”

The woman smiled, “Yes, my boy, you are.”

“But I’m not dead.” Sehun stated. “And my friends are now stuck in a different time period with erased memories.” The woman raised her eyebrows, waiting for Sehun to continue. “A-and it’s my duty to somehow direct them to each other so that they have a chance of changing the direction of the human race.”

“Yes, little one.” The woman confirmed.

Sehun thought for a second before yelling, “How the hell am I supposed to do that?” The woman’s smile fell.

“Sehun, you are an angel, you do not say h-e-double hockey sticks.”

Sehun scoffed. “I think angels can, it’s not a super bad word anyway.” He has had enough of this strange woman calling him "little one" and "my boy." The woman pursed her lips in frustration.

Sehun smiled before his lips. “How am I supposed to get them together again?”

The woman swiftly directed Sehun to a chamber containing 11 glass balls. “Use these.” The woman snapped her fingers and in each ball, a live feed of the lost legends appeared. “The way to use them will come naturally.” The woman started to leave the chamber. “Oh! And Sehun!” She called. “You are located above Eden. The beginning of it all.” The woman then left and disappeared, leaving Sehun alone with 11 glass balls he didn’t know how to use.

“Holy crap, the Garden of Eden?” Sehun mumbled.

“Sehun.” The woman’s voice echoed throughout the room.

“Fine. Unholy crap.” Sehun yelled back. “I don’t even know where Eden is without being partially dead and stuck in the stratosphere.”Sehun his lips before glancing into the sphere directly in front of him. “Luhan…” In the ball, Luhan’s hair slightly blew as if there was a wind blowing through his room. He looked up.

 

Yonsei University, 2015.

Luhan jolted awake. "Where am I?" He whispered to himself.

"Luhan, you better get up and study." A voice came from below him. "We were supposed to study together until noon then go to the exam together, but it's already 11 so..."

Luhan realized he was on the top bunk of a bed... his bed? He leaned over the edge looking at the man on the bunk below. "What exam? Who are you?"

His roommate rolled his eyes. "Ha ha, you're so funny."

Luhan pushed himself back up, no less confused. He really couldn't remember. Despite his memory loss, Luhan got up and got studying.

As Luhan sat at his desk in his dorm. A slight wind tousled his hair. Luhan glanced  up to his window before looking at the door. Both were closed. “Luhan” Luhan heard a faint whisper as another blow of wind caressed his face and turned it towards the door.

Luhan dumped the contents out of his backpack and filled it with small essentials. "Luhan, where you going?" His roommate called from across the room. "We're supposed to test each other at the end of the hour."

"Just give me a second." Luhan replied, still unsure of what he was really doing. "Something's just bothering me and I have to check it out."

His roommate stared at him. "and you're packing an overnight bag because..."

"Just trust me." Luhan said. As he left his dormroom and entered the hallway, he felt a slight push of wind direct him where to go.

 

“Now the hard part…” Sehun uttered. “I have to get them all the run into each other.”

 

“Ugh… what the hell am I doing?” Luhan muttered to himself as he walked off his college campus and followed the wind. “I must be going crazy… how would the wind lead me anywhere? It’s just wind!”

Luhan started to head back on campus, but a strong gust of wind hit his face. “Luhan…”

“...Creepy wind.” Luhan shrugged before turning around and following the wind again.

 

Sehun scoffed at Luhan’s words, but quickly returned to his job. He needed them to get where he was, “Where am I…” Sehun whispered to himself. He closed his eyes and felt the hot wind around him. “Persian Gulf… Saudi Arabia!” Sehun shouted. How he knew that, he had no idea, but at least he knew where he had to lead them.

 

Luhan kept his ears on alert for any whispers in the wind, but none have come for a long time and he was starting to get lost. “Hello” Luhan whispered, hoping to get the ‘mysterious wind master’ to direct him where to go. The wind complied and responded with a “Saudi Arabia.”

Luhan stopped. “Saudi Arabia? Are you kidding me? There’s no way I can go there!” He yelled, attracting the attention of many strangers. Luhan quickly ducked his head. “Saudi Arabia… I can’t go there. Sorry…” Although he already walked for a while, he did not hesitate in turning back to his dorm. He was not going to spend thousands of dollars on flying overseas because of wind.

 

Sehun gave his death glare to the sphere and took a deep breath. “I SAID SAUDI ARABIA AND I’M NOT TAKING NO FOR AN ANSWER, LUHAN!” In the globe, Luhan swayed like a drunk man before collapsing and disappearing altogether.

 

“What. The. .” Luhan scratched his head while sitting up on his aching . He look up to see a completely unfamiliar environment. He was currently in a small cottage. The wooden walls seemed weak after years upon years of weathering and no other piece of furniture seemed more well off. Luhan slowly stood up, listening to see if he was alone in the mystery house. After he heard nothing, he walked over to a small window.

Outside, he could see a sandy beach, but it did not remind him of the overcast, rocky beaches he knew back at home. The sun was shining bright and hard while the heat was visibly radiating off the ground. “No… don’t tell me…” Luhan finally put the puzzle pieces together. “That magical sent me to the Arabian Peninsula…”

 

Sehun stared in disbelief. “I can transport people... Kai can kiss my ." With the help of the mysterious woman and the glass balls, he was unravelling more of his powers than he knew that he had in any previous life. "More than that, did Luhan just call me an ?” Sehun was honestly offended.

Focusing again, Sehun grinned. “This is going to be easier than expected.”

 

Luhan sat in the corner of his cute little cottage sipping a water bottle that decided to pop out of thin air around 30 minutes after he arrived. He decided to wait in the shade where he could avoid a serious sunburn and considering the wind did not tell him anything else, he decided his destination has been reached and he will stay stranded in peace.

 

Two seconds hadn't passed until man with a black neckerchief with a white apron tied at his waist appeared mid-air in the room. The loud thud of his fall surprised Luhan, who shrieked like the manly man he was. The mystery man groaned before turning and laying on his stomach, obviously he was done with someone's (ahem, Sehun's) too. Luhan cautiously crawled up to the man. “Yo.” Luhan poked his side. “You alright?”

The man glanced up at Luhan with large, round eyes. “Who are you?”

“I’m Luhan. And you are…”

“Kyungsoo. Call me, Kyungsoo.” The man replied before sitting up. “What the heck happened?”

Before Luhan could reply with anything, another surprised voice came from above them. A large lanky man wearing nothing but a pair of boxers appeared above the pair. “Watch out!” The man yelled, but it was too late. He plummeted onto the other two men, creating a painful sandwich of bodies. “Sorry…” The man whispered before crawling off of the other two flattened men.

“It’s okay…” Kyungsoo muttered as he peeled himself off the ground. “Let’s just move in case any other men decide to fall through here.”

The trio scooched to the side.“I’m Chanyeol, by the way. Sorry about my clothes too.”

“You practically have none on!” Luhan said.

“Exactly…” Chanyeol muttered before Luhan grabbed his backpack and pulled out an extra pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Luhan always came prepared.

Throughout the next hour, 8 more men dressed in various attire crashed onto the ground while Luhan, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol stared at them waiting for it to stop. Once it did stop, the 11 men stared at each other, each a little awkward with the situation.“So…” Kai spoke up. “Why have we gathered here today.”

Luhan stood and walked to the center of the room. “I don’t know who any of you are and I don't know if you guys heard it, but a voice in the wind told me to travel before it brought me here.”

Kai smirked before circling his finger beside his temple. Luhan glared at him. “No, I’m not crazy. How do you think we all ended up here?” 

 

Sehun watched over the meeting from above. “You get’em Luhan. Show him who’s boss."

 

Luhan examined the boys around him. "Don’t you all feel like we should know each other?" Luhan admitted, "Like we aren’t who we really are? I woke up this morning with my memory gone and ever since then... everything has felt wrong" He took time to stare in each of their eyes. "It all felt wrong until now.” One boy started to twiddle his fingers and Luhan caught sight of another whispering to himself. “You! Do you have something to say?”

The boy shot his head up. “Umm… first, I think we should introduce ourselves - I'm Xiumin - and second, I-I think you’re right… I feel connected to all of you.” Xiumin glanced at the boy across from him, Chen. “Especially you... not to be weird”

Before he could respond, Kris scoffed. “Okay, I’ll believe you if you pass my test.” He stood up in the middle of the room. “If Chen and Xiumin are so bonded, they should know everything about each other. I say Chen and Xiumin sit on opposite sides of the room, facing the wall and we’ll ask questions. On three, they will both answer simultaneously. If they get them right, I’ll believe, if they don’t… it.”

Luhan rolled his eyes. Typical jock, they always have so much to prove. “They aren’t mind-readers or anything! How do you expect them to do that?”

“No…” Chen spoke up. “I think we can.” Chen met eyes with Xiumin and a sparkle of familiarity shined in their eyes. Soon enough, Chen and Xiumin were on opposite sides of the room facing the rotting wood.

“What’s Chen’s blood type?” Kris called out. “3… 2… 1”

“B” They both replied in unison.

“Xiumin’s is B too…” Chen yelled out, catching everyone, including Xiumin, off guard.

“How do you know?” Tao asked before glancing over at Xiumin.

"I’m not sure…” Chen twiddled his fingers, waiting for Xiumin to confirm or decline. "But I'm sure I am right."

Xiumin smiled slightly before nodding, “My blood type is B.”

“Next question!” Lay called. “What can Xiumin do that no one else can?”

Everybody in the room stared at Lay for his seemingly stupid question, but Chen and Xiumin called out “Frost.” Xiumin whipped around and looked at the others, confirming his new found suspicion. “Guys.” Xiumin called. “I know what we-”

A gust of wind circled inside the cottage. Luhan quickly shushed everyone before listening. “The Garden of Eden.” The wind whispered. A shadow of a memory appeared in Luhan's mind, but is disappeared before he could grasp at it. The wind led them all outside and to the coast. Unlike earlier in the day, the sky was overcast and a melancholy green. Soon enough, thunder rumbled and rain started beating down on the ground. On the bank of the river, an old, unstable raft floated on the surface.

Kyungsoo freaked. “No way I’m getting on that.” Even though he didn't know of his earth-bound strength, he was still wary when parting with it.

The wind blew harder, pushing them closer to the raft. Kyungsoo pursed his lips. “Can’t the wind just transport us again?” He didn't like that option either, but at least it only took a second. The wind ushered them forward again. “Okay, okay. Fine. But this weather isn’t going to do me any good.”

Once the 11 men stepped aboard the raft, they were surrounded by a windshield (literally) and a gentle whistle of wind pushed them forward.“See” Kai went up to Kyungsoo “It isn’t too bad.”

Kyungsoo sighed. “I guess…”Everything finally evened out and the raft was swaying smoothly in it’s protected circle.

 

A woman dressed in a black dress with black wings appeared above the boys. “Nice to see you all again,” She sneered. Before anybody could react, she broke the windshield and the raft was immediately toppled by the roaring waves.

Sehun gasped in surprise. He sprinted out of the chamber and immediately bumped into the angel woman. "I have to go down." Sehun yelled at her, “They might die!”

“You want to become human again?” The woman asked.

  1. Yes, Go down and help them 
  2. No, Stay up and watch in despair