Predators Before Fire

Fix the World [CYOA/Interactive]

"If we move, they attack. We can't put out the fire without Chanyeol and the others are still sleeping like rocks." Baekhyun said without breaking his view of the predators. "We can fight them and hope our noise will wake the others and give them enough time to adjust to the situation, or we can fight the fire first and hope the water will be a safe haven."

"What if the water drowns them?" Suho asks.

Baekhyun hesitated for a moment before replying, "5 seconds won't hurt."

Kai shook his head, thinking of Soo. "I don't want to risk it." he whispered, "I say we go at them, screaming. They can't sleep through that."

"Let's do it then." Baekhyun replied while slowly shifting into a more offensive stance.

"3..." Suho slowly took his hand out from under him.

"2..." Kai got ready to teleport to Kyungsoo's side.

"1." It was as if the entire world went on mute for a second. No fire, no growls, no ocean. Then out of the depths of 3 boys guts came the fiercest roar of attack.

Much to their dismay, only Chanyeol awoke.

And to further their dismay, Chanyeol's fires grew when he was startled by the 3 screams.

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

He couldn't believe he fell asleep. His one job was to stay awake, watch his fire, and watch over his friends. He accomplished 0% of his tasks. "Great ing job, Chanyeol." He whispered to himself as he processed the scene in front of him.

Kai, Suho, and Baekhyun were fighting for everyone's life against a horde of aggressive animals. The rest of the legends haven't woken up, possibly due to dehydration from the fire. They should've stuck to something safer.

The fire spread and enclosed the legends in a makeshift cage with the animals. Chanyeol was stuck in a limbo trying to control the fire while helping the three of his friends that awoke. He sensed Suho trying to get water from the ocean to help, but the heat was too strong and Chanyeol had too much adrenaline to put it out. As he tried to make sense of the chaos around him, he heard a growl beside him before it was all over.

The fire went out with Chanyeol's death, plunging the island in the dim moonlight and before anyone could do anything to help, they were gone in a frenzy of teeth and claws.

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

The End

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

Return to the Beginning