Destroy the Thing

Fix the World [CYOA/Interactive]

"I say destroy it because people should be free" Baekhyun said. "Straight free, with no terms and conditions applied" The rest of the legends nodded in agreement.

"So how do we go about this" Kai started. "Do we need to get inside? Wreck the machine?"

"Wrecking the machine will destroy 0% of the program or files in backup." Chen said. "We need to target the data, not the physical outlet." He explained. "I'm pretty sure I can do that from out here."

"Then what are you waiting for?" Kris said. "Go on ahead!"

Chen placed his hand back against the wall and focused on the data he was receiving, frying the servers that were connected to the machines. "A little anti-climactic, but I think I did it."

Chanyeol hesitated. "You think?"

Chen rolled his eyes, "I know I did."

"How do we know if this will change anything?" Lay said. "Heechul is still in power with an army who may or may not come from Exo Planet."

"I guess we'll find out in a few generations...?" Suho said with uncertainty.

Without the machines, new babies were not assigned roles for society and were free; however, the society plunged into disorder. The elder population were assigned jobs. The younger generation had to find their own paths with no guidance from the predecessors. Heechul used the opportunity to stregthen his dictatorship because in disorder, people strived for order, even if it was in a dystopia.

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

The End

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

Return to the Beginning