Sehun Retrieves Tao

Fix the World [CYOA/Interactive]

“Honey, wake up!” A sweet voice gently brought Tao to consciousness. Once she saw the boy’s eyes flutter, she knelt down on the bed. “There you go!” He smiled at the woman before shooting up in confusion.

“W-where am I?”

The woman placed a hand on his chest, slowly pushing the boy back into his laying position. “You're at home, remember? You had an accident.”

“What kind of accident?” Tao asked.

“You hit your head on the ground.” The woman started his head. "The doctor said you may have memory loss."

He scooted away before glancing at the woman. “Who are you?”

The woman looked down with a pained look on her face. “I’m your girlfriend, Hani, and you are Tao.”

Tao mouthed his name. “What do I do for a living?”

Hani smiled. “You are a martial arts teacher.” She crawled closer to Tao. “You got excused from work for a week, so you can see how much you can remember.”

Tao smiled. “O-okay…”

“Do you want me to show you around?” Hani asked. “It would be like our first date all over again.”

Tao stared at the woman. “That… that would be nice.”

“Then let’s go, silly!” She giggled before grasping Tao’s hand and pulling him along.

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

“That’s where we first met!” Hani happily said while pointing at a small café. “I was the waiter, you were the customer. And if we go down here-”

“Hani?” Tao interrupted.

“Yeah?” She turned and smiled.

“Can you explain to me what happened?” Tao asked. “How exactly did my accident happen…”

Hani’s face fell for a second before she returned to her façade. “Well,” She started. “It was a rainy day… you were walking past City Hall, and there was tile at the entrance. It gets super slippery when wet and… you slipped and banged your head against the ground.”

Tao sighed. “I’m a martial arts master and I slip on wet tile…”

Hani nervously chuckled. “Yeah… anyways, here is your work place!” She dragged Tao towards a small building with pictures of people kicking and jumping plastered on the windows.

The duo entered the building and were immediately greeted by a flock of children.

“Master Tao!” A small blonde boy tugged at Tao’s sleeve.

Tao glanced down and smiled. “Hi, boy!”

Hani whispered in Tao’s ear. “His name is Chris.”

Tao froze. An image of a taller blonde with 10 other strangers appeared in his mind. They all were smiling and laughing together.

“Tao?” Hani called, breaking Tao’s trance. “You okay?”

Tao stared at Hani, then at Chris. “I think I remembered something…”

“R-really?” Hani forced a smile.

“Yeah!” Tao grinned. “Where are my friends?”

Hani froze. “Umm… they are all working now…”

“Dang it…” Tao snapped. “Do I have their numbers?”

“I-I forgot your phone at home.” Hani gently said.

“Aw shucks…” Tao ruffled Chris’ hair. “Maybe later then.”

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

The pair arrived back at home. “I’m tired.” Tao announced. “I’m going to bed, okay?”

“Okay, babe.” Hani replied, relieved that he forgot about the phone call he wanted to make.

 

Tao changed into a plain white T-shirt and boxers then jumped into the fluffy bed. In only a couple minutes, Tao faded out of reality and into his dreams.

 

“Tao.” A tall blonde called his name. Tao recognized him as the same person he saw in his memory. Coming up behind him, a smaller male with brown hair sighed.

“We’ll find him soon, Kris. We’ll find them both.”

The scene backed off, revealing a great expanse of desert.

 

Tao woke up, his dream still fresh in his mind. “Hani!” He called. “Where’s my phone?” Tao got up from bed and headed down to the kitchen. Hani was standing next to the stove, cooking some soup. “Hey, can I have my phone?” Tao asked.

Hani jumped in shock before turning to see Tao. “Yeah, babe, one sec.” Hani reached over the counter and picked up an old flip phone. “Here you go-Oops!” Hai jumped back as she accidently dropped Tao’s phone into the soup. “Oh my goodness, I’m sorry.”

“Ah… it’s okay… I’ll just have to wait until they come see me then, right?” Tao mumbled.

“Yeah.” Hani dragged.

“It’s almost like you don’t want me to see them…” Tao whispered under his breath.

“You trust me, right?” Hani turned to face Tao.

Tao looked up. “yeah, of course. You’re the only one that is around for me. I trust you.”

Hani grinned. “Good.”

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

Seohyun walked with Tao between the multitudes of stores. They pair were entering the City Center when Hani saw a group of young men enter across from them. She made momentary eye-contact with the tallest blond. “Hey, Tao honey?” She quickly called, her heart rate increasing as she noticed the men approaching her quickly. “I think I forgot my wallet in the last shop. Can you go check for me?”

Tao simply smiled at her. “Yeah, sure. Be back in a few!”

Hani waved at him as he left before turning to stop the legends.

“Give us Tao back.” A blank-faced male ordered.

Hani smiled before clapping her hands together. “Why, if it isn’t the Legends themselves. I’m surprised you’re not dead yet.”

“Just give him back and we’ll leave you in peace.” Chen spoke up.

“Aren’t you forgetting that you’re in my territory?” Hani grinned.

“We have no bounds, just hand him over.” Kris asked once more.

“Let’s see.” Hani scanned the group. “We have 2, 4, 6, 8… 9? Aren’t there supposed to be 11 of you?”

“Tao’s not the only one who went missing.” Kris spat. “You’re running out of time and I’m loosing my patience fast.”

“Why don’t you go find him?” Hani stalled. “I can hear your heart beat for him.”

Kris glared at her. “We have a love-hate relationship.”

“So I heard…” Hani tapped her chin. “One person who we would prefer to keep and kill is Sehun, without him, none of us would be in this mess.” Hani scanned the group again. “He should be here. He’s the one that gave you guys a lead.” Hani cursed in realization.

“Are you looking for Sehun?” Luhan asked the frustrated witch. “Or you could say the only person who is likely to get Tao to come back.”

“I-I thought Kris…” Hani gaped.

“I told you, love-hate relationship. It leant towards hate before he disappeared.” Kris smirked.

Hani cursed before snapping her fingers and disappearing.

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

 Tao walked back into the clothing store he exited a few minutes before. “Her wallet… her wallet…” He mumbled while searching between different racks and rooms.

“Tao?” A voice interrupted his thoughts.

Tao turned and saw a man from his visions. “Ummm… hey…”

“Tao!” The male shouted before tackling Tao in a hug. “Sorry ‘bout that. It’s just been a while.”

Tao chuckled nervously. “Yeah, I kind of lost my memory, so…”

The male nodded in understanding. “I’m Sehun. Your best friend.” He held his hand out for a handshake.

Tao hesitantly took his hand. “Nice to meet you, best friend.”

Sehun his lips, struggling to think of a way to get Tao to remember. “So… you’re saying that you didn’t remember me one bit?”

Tao looked down. “Well…” Sehun raised his eyebrows with hope. “I did have this dreams and visions, but everything was blurry.”

Sehun sighed. “If you didn’t remember, you can honestly say so.”

“No no no!” Tao shook his hands. “There was you and this tall blond dude and like 10 other people… I promise.”

“Thank goodness.” Sehun chuckled.

“What?” Tao asked in confusion.

“You remember the people most important to you.” Sehun smiled. “Anyways, all- most of us are in town! Do you want to hang out?”

Tao slowly nodded his head. “Yeah, I’d like that.”

“Great!” Sehun grinned. “Just don’t beat us up like last time.”

Tao scoffed before playfully punching Sehun’s arm.

“Glad to see you’re turning back to your old self.” Sehun laughed before leading Tao to the exit of the store.

The woman Sehun met in ‘heaven’ suddenly appeared before them. “You’re not going anywhere.”

“Hani?” Tao gasped. “How’d you do that?”

“Not important, honey, now come with me.” Hani said before reaching out to grab Tao’s wrist.

“Over my dead body, you witch.” Sehun spat.

“Sehun, stop!” Tao complained. “That’s my girlfriend.”

Sehun froze in confusion. “What the hell, Tao. You don’t even like g-”

“Sorry to break you two up, but we really got to go.” Hani smirked.

“Not yet.” Sehun held Tao back. “I just need to do something you taught me.”

Hani furrowed her eyebrows.  “What did I-”

“Wind holds more power than you think.” Sehun interrupted before exhaling in Tao’s face.

“Oh god, Sehun. You’re breath stinks.” Tao gagged, but soon froze before glancing  up at Hani. “You witch…”

Hani huffed. “Why does everybody think I’m a witch? You… Sehun… Heechul…”

“You tricked me!” Tao yelled.

“Now’s not the time for this, we need to go.” Sehun whispered in Tao’s ear.

Tao flicked his hand and froze Seohyun in time before leisurely walking out and to the rest of the group.

 As the pair approached, Kris smiled. “Tao!”

Tao smirked. “Idiot.” Kris’ face fell, but Tao let his eyes linger with the others just enough to let him know that he cares.

“C’mon Kai. It’s time to go.” Sehun said.

“DID YOU GUYS FORGET THAT THIS IS WHERE I’M STRONGEST?” A female voice erupted from behind them.

They all looked back and saw a pissed Hani sprinting their way. Kai quickly hooked the 10 people together before disappearing, but before they could fully go, Hani whispered a small spell and cast it to them.

Hani watched the small gray power of the spell travel at the speed of light towards the fading black smoke, then it disappeared with them.

“You don’t try to leave without a gift from me.”

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

The group collapsed on the hard ground of their usual dimension of humans. Suho immediately grabbed his head and groaned.

Lay quickly travelled over to him and analyzed. “All your senses have heightened, but in turn you’ve lost your sense of color. It might be temporary. Your bones seem to be re-arrang-" Lay stopped.  "You've been cursed.”

“Cursed?” Chanyeol piped up.

“You’re a werewolf.” Lay stated.

Suho groaned again before looking up. “How many times do I have to change before people are happy? First an alien, then I thought I was human, but I was a superhuman. And now I’m a super werewolf.” Suho knit his brows before closing his eyes and clamping his hands over his ears. "I didn't even know werewolves existed."

"We were just in a land of fairies and you doubted about werewolves?" Baekhyun questioned before Chen looked at him, his eyes saying 'not now.'

“What’s wrong?” Chen knelt down and whispered.

“The fact that you’re whispering, but it feels like someone just yelled into a bullhorn that was right next to my ears.” Suho explained.

“Then why are you closing your eyes.” Chanyeol joined in.

“Because… there’s too much to notice and goodness” Suho gagged. “We need baths.”

“You’re holding yourself back.” Lay suddenly said. “You’re keeping yourself from turning all the way.”

Suho gently nodded. “I don’t know if I’ll remember who you are or if I’ll be violent or not. I don’t want to risk it.”

Lay sighed. “We are superhumans. We can handle a werewolf.”

“Anyways, we might be able to use you for our own good.” Chanyeol said with no comfort.

Suho glared at Chanyeol for a second before agreeing. A low, steady growl escaped from his lips before his back curled and hair grew. Suho opened his eyes, revealing big gray eyes.

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

Suho’s curse was worse than they thought.

 

It caused him to loose control and forget who he was until eventually he’d go on a blind rage to kill. This happened about… 3-4 times a day. You could say the legends were getting tired of his outbreaks then whimpers after he returned to normal and felt horrible for what he tried to do. “Guys, we need to stop.” Chen spoke up when they were having dinner one night under the stars. The rest of the group stared at him in confusion. “Stop looking for Xiumin until we figure out Suho.” Chen clarified.

Suho sighed. “Chen, I’m sorry for my condition, but we shouldn’t stop. He-“

Chen shook his head. “I know Xiumin’s strong enough to last on his own and I know I can stand knowing that we will find him soon enough. As of now, you are our biggest concern.” Chen stood up and looked up to the twinkling sky. “We need to find a way to break the curse.”

Sehun glanced up at the sky, catching onto what Chen is thinking.

  1. Tell your idea on how to break the curse 
  2. Keep it a secret