Alter Configurations

Fix the World [CYOA/Interactive]

"All I'm saying is that destroying the very thing that holds this society together is the best way to create an economic meltdown." Tao said.

Kris nodded. "He has a point." With the support of Kris, more legends took Tao's side.

"How would we even go about this?" Kai started. "Do we need to get to the source of the program?" He turned to Chen.

"Simple destruction I can do from out here" Chen said. "Re-programming has to be done the old-fashioned way, but get me to any monitor connected to the system and I'm pretty sure I can hack it."

"Where's the easiest one to get to?" Kai asked.

Chen placed his hand against the wall again. "The one with least protection is on the second-floor, south wing. I can't tell if there are any guards in the area though."

Tao stepped up, "Bring me along and that won't be a problem."

"Tao, Kai, and Chen" Suho started. "You guys go quickly and quiety to get this done. The rest of us will head back to the camp. It's not safe staying out here too long."

Kai gave a short salute before grabbing onto Tao and Chen and disappearing.

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

The trio appeared in an empty hallway. "The connection point should be at the end" Chen whispered before moving ahead quickly, but on high alert. In no time, Chen found the monitor and started typing away. "I guess we never really discussed this, but right now, instead of assigning the end-all of occupations, I decided to change it to show the best-fit occupation on all economic levels based on their genetics and psychological data. Sound good?" He summarized to Kai and Tao.

"Sounds good." They replied.

"Great. Let's get out of here."

Although it took a few lifetimes to actually make a difference, the altered configurations made everyone more equal and a more cohesive society.

The reliance on a single leader was reduced and over time, he had no power at all and was rendered completely useless.

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

The End

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

Return to the Beginning