Using Chanyeol's Fire

Fix the World [CYOA/Interactive]

"For warmth and light, we can just use Chanyeol's fire or we could have Kyungsoo build a fort and Baekhyun provide dim light with heat. I can redirect the winds in either situation." Sehun said. "What do you guys want to do?"

"I say use fire cause I'm really cold right now" Luhan responsed. "I could use the extra warmth."

"I won't turn that down either" Suho said while rubbing the goosebumps on his arms, "Everyone agree?"

They were reassured that Heechul's army was defeated and the evil king himself fled for now, so they decided to have a night of warmth as the sole source of happiness among their beds of branches and dirt (which Kyungsoo honestly didn't mind all too much).

As the others prepared their sleeping spaces, Chanyeol worked on the firepit. He designed it not as a central source of light, but as a defensive wall that served as a barrier towards to sea. As a result, the legends wouldn't be cornered against the water, but there'd also be a warning if the tide started to rise. All 12 of them would be close enough to the fire to stay warm as well.

Chanyeol volunteered to keep watch for at least a few hours of the night because he didn't want to loose control over the fire as he slept and he also didn't want to rely on the fire for protection. He trusted in fire, yes, but he didn't trust in the plans the world had for him. Xiumin chose to stay up alongside Chanyeol watching the opposite side of their line.

In good time before it was fully dark, the legends were prepared for a good nights rest.

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

Xiumin sat awake, awkwardly making eye contact with Chanyeol every once in a while. There wasn't much to do at night, but after a day of hard work, he wished he hadn't volunteered to stay up with Chanyeol. Not only was the heat of the fire starting to drain him from energy, it also fed the tired side of him. The warmth, the soothing crackles.... only... a minute... of rest won't... matter...

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

Baekhyun woke up with a smile on his face. He realized that he remembered his past lives, his powers... Chanyeol. He was quickly brought back to reality as the overwhelmingly acrid smoke of burning sand covered him. He shot up and turned towards Chanyeol who was passed out and snoring. "Of course we'd be ed like this" Baekhyun murmured. Chanyeol's fire spread, cutting the legends off from any other exit except for the forest and because they are always so lucky, a low growl came from the dark forest ahead of him.

Kai shot up from his sleep. "Did you hear that?" He asked before coughing from the smoke. ", we gotta wake the others." Before they could even make a move, vicious wolf-like creatures emerged from the bush.

Their dirty brown fur was illuminated by the firelight and when they growled, they showed off two-layers of sharp canines and a look that could chill anyone to the bone. They moved together in a predatory action while growling for intimidation.

Baekhyun slowly lightened the sky, casting a light over their camp. They were horrendously outnumbered, especially if the others didn't wake the up.

Suho fidgeted from the noise. "Is it time to get up already?" His voice was laced with sleep.

"Suho!" Kai whispered.

Hearing his name, Suho lazily raised his head, oblivious to the growls around him. When his eyes focused to the sleeping legends, then the incoming danger, he could only murmur, "."

"If we move, they attack. We can't put out the fire without Chanyeol and the others are still sleeping like rocks." Baekhyun said without breaking his view of the predators. "We can fight them and hope our noise will wake the others and give them enough time to adjust to the situation, or we can fight the fire first and hope the water will be a safe haven."

"What if the water drowns them?" Suho asks.

"5 seconds won't hurt."

  1. Fight predators before fire
  2. Fight fire before predators