Choose Kai

Fix the World [CYOA/Interactive]

"Kai" Sehun called, "Will you come with me?" Kai looked up, surprised at the sudden request. Nevertheless, Kai agreed and stood up to join Sehun. Sehun turned to the rest of the group, "Be back in approximately an hour - we don't want to be separated for too long." He felt awkward ordering the others around while he was the youngest there and the real leaders were sitting before him, but there wasn't anyone more "awake" than him to do it.

"I mainly wanted to get to talk to you because of the gut-feeling you mentioned before." Sehun started once they were a while away from the group.

Kai shook his head, "Just forget it." He seemed embarrassed of his actions before. "They are probably wrong anyway."

Sehun stopped and locked eyes with Kai. "I am betting that they are far from wrong. If there is one person whose intuition I will whole-heartedly trust, it's you." This wasn't just a pep talk either. There has been more than one occurence in the past where Kai proved to have a sixth-sense. "So can you talk to me about why you feel so shaky about this place?"

"I don't really know." Kai admitted. "I just have too many unanswered questions."

Sehun sat down on a nearby rock on the shore, "Would you mind sharing them with me?" Sehun quickly motioned for Kai to join him.

Kai sat down with a huff. "One of them isn't too pressing." He laughed, "Just why is there black sand? I don't see a volcano around or anything." He reached down and picked up a handfull of sand. "It is black for no reason I know." Sehun knew Kai was bullting questions to avoid some real concerns, but before Sehun could do anything about it Kai got down to business. "Forget the sand question, I actually don't care about it. I am really creeped out by this island though."

"Especially..." Sehun pressed.

"Especially the forest." Kai complained. "Like I feel like I want to go in and explore, but at the same time it repels me so much."

"What kind of feeling do you get from the forest?" Sehun questioned.

Kai thought for a moment, as if deciding between two words. "Danger." The two sat in silence for the following minute, before Kai mentioned that they should head back to the camp.


⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

Kai and Sehun arrived at camp as the other legends were starting a fire. "Chanyeol!" Sehun called. "You know you can do start a fire without any twigs or rocks." Chanyeol looked at Sehun with uncertainty, most likely because he didn't want to accidentaly set anyone on fire. "On another note," Sehun mentioned, "We should take extra precautions tonight. Kyungsoo, Suho, did you guys find anything?"

Suho sighed, "I don't know... all I sense is water going on and on." He glanced out towards the never-ending sea. "Never saw a place like this before."

"Same here" Kyungsoo interjected, "Except mine may be slightly more unsettling."

This caught everyone's attention.

"The ground seems to just end." Kyungsoo started. "Islands are connected to any other land mass because they are made from the same planet, however this island isn't connected." Kyungsoo paused, contemplating on how to say what he means. "It's as if this island is floating in the water, but there still isn't ground below that contains the water." He glanced at Kai. "and I agree with Kai, this place really freaks me out."

At this point, Kris took the lead. "If so many of us are having bad feelings, I feel like we should at least attempt to leave." His finger tapped on his leg in anxiety. "It's getting dark, so it will be dangerous, but I think staying here will not be any safer."

They all looked towards the sea. "But how are we supposed to leave?" Tao voiced. "The trees here aren't even proper for a raft."

"Use our powers." Sehun said. "The move will be more strenuous for some, but I'm sure it can work." He looked specifically at Xiumin and Suho. "Dense water or ice may not be the best surfaces, but they can work."

The group agreed and set off to move. In a short time, Suho took a deep breath and condensed water into a wide and straight, dense pathway. As Suho moved to take the first step, Sehun stopped. "Guys" He called. "Where's Luhan and Lay?"

In that moment, their hearts dropped. How could they not notice two of them were missing?

"" Suho whispered. "We have to go and find them. We can't leave now."

"No need to." A voice came from the nearby woods. "They're right here."

Heechul walked out from behind the trees alongside Daehwi, his second-in-command. In their arms were Luhan and Lay, unconsious and bleeding (well, Lay stopped bleeding because of his powers, but the remains of blood were present).

"Heechul" Sehun growled. "Just hand them over! How can you expect to beat us by yourself?"

Daehwi and Heechul chuckled at this comment. "Who said we are by ourselves?" and as if the duo planned this dramatic entrance themselves, a flood of Heechul's soldiers ran out of the woods and took position. "I will not allow you guys to fix MY world." he yelled. "Do you know how hard I worked to achieve my design?" All of the legends could feel the fragile tension in the air - one mistake and Luhan and Lay could be killed.

In a poof of darkness, Kai disappeared and reappeared with Luhan and Lay in hand, surprised he even pulled it off so seamlessly.

"Fine. " Heechul spat. "I know all of your decisions... you want to stop me." He looked towards Daehwi. "Well... you won't get away so easily." He raised his right arm, signalling his troops. "KILL THEM!"

 

  1. Verse Heechul solo to stop his escape
  2. Help the other legends, allowing Heechul's escape