Go in Person

Fix the World [CYOA/Interactive]

Heechul said to help organize his foot soldiers for the ambush, but they were all ready to be moved to position. "Amber and I are staying back for the ambush" Ten explained. "This is planned as a more warning to the legends - they're not a top priority right now. If they kill our soldiers, we have extras. If our soldiers win, not only will I be surprised, but I might need to talk to Heechul about at least giving them a promotion. You can stay back with us if you want, but you could also tag along with the soldiers."

"That'd be poetic" Amber laughed. "So what'd you say?"

"I wanna go" Sehun replied. "They deserve to at least see me one last time."

Amber and Ten nodded in respect. "We'll be watching from above with Heechul." Ten continued. "Hani should be the one coordinating the troops' transportation there."

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

The legend mumbled as he groggily sat up on a black shore. Next to him, 10 other boys lay side-by-side as if they were laid down by someone else. “How the hell did I get here…” Lay whispered before standing up and shaking the stiffness out of his body. He checked person-to-person to ensure everyone else was breathing before laying back on the sand. Not even a day has passed since the weird wind started, yet he already seemed to be in a lot of trouble. "Why me?' He groaned to himself.

Another groan erupted from another man, if Lay remembered correctly, his name was Chanyeol. "You alright over there?" Lay called, too drained to bother to stand up again.

Chanyeol jumped at the sudden voice, but quickly calmed when he saw it was Lay. "I feel like I just ran a marathon." He glanced at the other people still passed out. "They all alive?"

"Fortunately, yes." Lay responded. If any of them actually died, he didn't know what chaos it would've thrown them into.

"What the happened? I didn't ask for all this crazy ." Chanyeol complained and Lay agreed. Their lives were normal literally a day ago. "Should we at least wake the others up?"

With a sigh, Lay finally stood up to help Chanyeol shake the others awake. Chanyeol grabbed Xiumin to try to wake him, but the second he touched his skin, Chanyeol pulled away in surprise. "Guys, is it normal to be this cold?" Chanyeol called to the others. "Are you sure he was alright, Lay?"

The rest, still in process of waking up, looked on in semi-confusion as they tried to process the problem while Lay jogged over and placed a hand on Xiumin's forehead. It was like ice. "That definitely isn't normal." Lay declared, but he couldn't tell if anything was wrong.

"You can even see his breath" Chanyeol said, watching puffs of mistry white form from Xiumin's nose every other second. The other legends, getting curious, were starting to circle around.

"Is he alright?" Chen asked, worried but wary.

"He seems to be" Lay replied. "Just unnaturally cold."

"More like dangerously cold" Chanyeol sighed under his breath.

Chen knelt down and reached out to touch Xiumin's arm. The second skin touched skin, Xiumin's eyes shot open. "I remember."

Baekhyun stepped back in part horror, part surprise. "Remember what?"

Xiumin sat up, his breath no longer cloudy. "I remember who we are." He said. "Who we really are." The rest of the legends were struggling to come up with something to say. "I know I sound crazy and will only sound crazier, but listen to me."

Xiumin started with the wind; that Sehun had to be the one responsible because he is missing right now. He spoke about the past, their powers, their friendship, and their mission. That the only memory he has of his current life seems "bare bones" while he remembers everything else in vivid detail, leading up to Kim Heechul and the cell.

"Maybe the cold messed with your head." Tao said.

"The cold is my power." Xiumin tried to reason. "What Chen and I said, what my body is is frost. Look." Xiumin held his hand out and on his palm, pieces of ice were forming out of this air.

"Let's say we do believe you" Suho said, intrigued by the ice. "How would we get our memories back?"

"You don't" The legends turn around to the source, only to see a crowd of armed soldiers. "Makes my job easier"

"Who are you?" Chanyeol asked.

"That's Sehun" Xiumin answered, confused. "What are you doing? Where have you been?"

"Hi Xiumin." Sehun grinned. "Just getting rid of some baggage."

Xiumin instincively froze the soldiers in blocks of ice. He didn't like being outnumbered. "Who were they?"

"They were supposed to try and kill you." Sehun said, honestly. "They aren't doing a very good job." He waved his hand and the ice disappeared. "On a molecular level, water is basically just gas and if it's gas, it is mine."

Xiumin just froze them again. "Sehun, I don't know what kind of spell your under, but we're your family!"

Sehun scoffed. "Family?" He gestured to the other legends, looking on both afraid and amused, "Look at them. They're pathetic is what they are!"

"Hey, you!" Kris retorted. "You're pathetic for, apparently, being so goddamn gulliable."

"That's what it always is!" Sehun continued. "I'm the youngest, so I'm the stupidest and weakest as well, huh?"

"I always believed in you!" Luhan called out.

Sehun's eyes flashed for a second. "You remember me?"

Luhan paused, "I recognized your voice... and your face." Sehun scoffed. "But the Sehun I know would never threaten us like this."

Time seemed to stop as Sehun's eyes flashed one more time. His true self, trapped on the inside, was fighting to take control... but did he truly want to go back? With Hani, he learned so much about his power that nobody in the legends could've taught him or were these thoughts just his succumbing to mind control once again.

 

  1. Listen & Fight to take control
  2. Rebel & Succumb