Go down to help

Fix the World [CYOA/Interactive]

Sehun looked at his wings. The feathers were falling off one by one, and with each feather loss, Sehun sunk an inch into the cloud. “Wait…” Sehun whispered. “Wait! I can’t fly!” He frantically called out to the woman.

“Back-stabbing evil…” Sehun continuously murmured curses to himself. He tried to control the air around him to hold him up or at least lower him at a slower rate, but the wind wasn't listening. Sehun felt the weight of the wings disappear before he plummeted through the clouds and straight towards Earth.

As he passed the clouds, he was met by the awe-inspiring sight of two large moons. Both moons seemed to be taking up half of the night sky, the beauty of the moon was emphasized by its close proximity to the planet's atmosphere.

 

Luhan tumbled onto shore, gasping for air. He crawled up onto unfamiliar shores with black dry sand before collapsing onto his back. As he slowly lost consiousness, he saw the figure of a boy falling from the clouds.

Then, there was darkness.

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 
The legend mumbled as he groggily sat up on the black shore. Next to him, 11 other boys lay side-by-side as if they were laid down by someone else. “How the hell did I get here…” Lay whispered before standing up and shaking the stiffness out of his body.
 
“What the hell.” Lay heard someone whisper to themself. Lay scanned the guys laying down. Then it hit him, in the cottage, there was only 11 people total. At the end of the line, an unfamiliar boy sat up and rubbed his head.
 
Lay quickly stepped over to the stranger, “Who are you?” Lay whispered, worried to wake the 10 other people sleeping.
 
The young man turned towards Lay before smiling. “Hello Lay.” The young man struggled to get up from his position, so Lay quickly scurried over and helped him sit up.
 
“How do you know my name?” Lay asked.
 
“I know all of you.” The man gasped. “You know me too, you all just forgot.” Lay quickly supported the stranger. The young boy contorted in pain and Lay quickly tried to accomodate to lessen the pain. “M-my name’s Sehun and you can heal me…”
 
Lay froze in confusion. “What do you mean?”
 

Sehun glanced his friends. “We all are special.” He started. “We are chosen. We saved the world together before, and it’s our job to save it again.”

Lay backed away. “No…" His disbelief was clearly shown across his face, "I’m just a teacher. Are you a high-schooler? How'd you get here?”

Sehun chuckled. “That’s what was inserted in your mind.” Lay didn't understand. “I’ll explain…” Sehun sighed. “We all were captured, then our capture….er sent us back in time; into a sort of new life. We are no longer aliens, We are superhumans.”

“Woah woah woah… back up…” Lay stopped Sehun. Not only because he thought the injurned teen was spouting a whole bunch of bull, but because he was interested in his plotholes. “I don’t understand, why do you have your memory, but we don’t.”

“I wasn’t reborn as a superhuman...” Sehun grinned, but a bead of sweat dropped down his face. “I’m smarter than people take me for, I figured out what was going on, but could only protect myself in time. I didn’t die, but I didn’t get reborn, so instead I turned into an angel.” Sehun remembered how the woman tried to kill him. “at least, I think I was an angel…”

Lay was speechless. He needed a psychologist, stat. “Let’s say that I believe you… how do I know I can trust you?” Sehun smiled before whispering under his breath. Lay furrowed his eyebrows. “What was that?” A gentle breeze ruffled Lay’s hair and a faint whisper reached Lay’s ear.

“Lay.” Sehun looked up at him. “You heard my whisper too, but you chose not to speak up when Luhan admitted he heard it.”

“So you led us all here…” Lay slowly comprehended.

“Yep!” Sehun happily said once he caught that Lay was starting to understand, or at least not try to overthink it.

“So how can you whisper in the wind and why were we almost killed.” Lay asked with a serious tone.

“The whisper in the wind thing is easy.” Sehun said while slipping on of his supporting hands from under him and placing it palm up. “I control the wind… and air in totality.” A miniature cyclone appeared in Sehun’s palm and Lay gasped. "The killing aspect... I was tricked, but passing that, are you only going to gape at me… or are you going to help me?” Sehun panted.

“How do you expect me to help you?” Lay slowly approached Sehun.

“You’re a healer.” Sehun blantly said. “I control the wind, you are a healer. You can fix anything living and respiring. Just put your mind too it.”Lay hesitantly placed his hand on Sehun’s chest, but did nothing else. Sehun breathlessly chuckled. “Close your eyes and focus.” Sehun moved into a more comfortable position. “Imagine looking into my body and fixing it, that’s what you told me you did before. Now do it again.”

Lay followed Sehun’s orders and closed his eyes. “OH GOODNESS!” Lay screeched. “What did you do fall from the sky?” Sehun glanced over at the sleeping men, waiting if anyone woke up from the noise.

“I-I think I actually did…” Sehun weakly grinned.

“Crazy bastard…” Lay muttered under his breath. He shook of any fear he had of seeing how broken the younger’s body actually was and placed his hand back upon Sehun’s chest. While Lay closed his eyes, Sehun could see a faint glow come from Lay’s hand. Sehun clenched his fists and arched his back as he felt his insides rearrange themselves. “Ahh…” A restrained whimper of pain escaped Sehun’s lips.

“Almost done.” Lay unconsciously whispered as comfort. “Done.” Sehun relaxed and smiled as he could finally breath normally again. “So you were telling the truth?” Lay asked while looking at the smiling boy.

“You still didn’t believe me?” Sehun opened his eyes. “Even after the cyclone?”

Lay shrugged. “At least now I do.”

“What the hell…” Another voice erupted from the row of men. Sehun quickly sat up. “Chanyeol?” 

 

⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚁ ⚀

 

After a while, everyone woke up and Sehun had his time to explain their whole situation.

“Wait… so we all were once aliens, then went into a timeless rest before waking up to save the human race for the 2nd time before we got sent back and turned into superhumans, except you, Sehun, because you were a special snowflake and turned into an angel thing instead. Then we all were led here by you and now…” Chanyeol quickly summarized, leaving an open end for Sehun to finish.

“We find Eden.” Luhan answered instead. Everybody stared at him strangely, even Sehun was surprised.“I think it’s all coming back…” Luhan whispered as he continued to dig in his head. “I had a vision and someone said we had to find the heart of Eden and return it to save the humans and if we don't, we will only seal their doom.” Luhan looked up smiling. “I remember! There’s the spirit and how before we saved the tree of life and-” Luhan suddenly stopped.

“What?” Baekhyun asked, wanting to know what else is locked away in his mind.

“Nothing...” Luhan uttered.

Baekhyun turned to Sehun, “So how does the heart of Eden even help us in anyway?"

"Not us, the humans." Chanyeol interjected.

"Well, Channie-poo" Baekhyun started, "I thought I was ing human till 2 seconds ago. Give a girl a break." Chanyeol stuck his tongue out in a taunt - unable to formulate a better response.

"Children." Luhan interupted, trying to get back on topic. "Although I'm no genius, I think the heart of Eden is connected to the heart of humanity... in a sense. The longer it is gone, the faster the human race drives to their own destruction."

The group fell into grave silence. "Can you tell us like who our best friends were and everything?” Baekhyun digressed, disliking the negativity in the air.

Sehun opened his mouth to speak, but Kai interrupted. “Don’t you guys feel weird?”

“Well, we are in a land with two moons none of us know where we are exactly, so I can say, kinda yeah.” Chanyeol spoke up.

“No…” Kai shook his head. “Weird like we aren’t supposed to be here or… something is wrong.”

“You have that gut feeling?” Tao spoke up for the first time since he woke.

“Y-yeah… like a stinging gut feeling. Something is off… I’m sure of it.” Kai instinctively turned his back closer to Kyungsoo. “We all just woke up here and talked, we could be in grave danger, but we would never know. We don’t know how to get off his island and who knows? This could be a trap.”

“We can use our powers.” Sehun voiced. “Suho, you are water. You can scan the ocean for any other land of ship or something. Kyungsoo, you are ground. You can see how big this island is and tell anywhere that any buildings or foundations are. The rest…” Sehun glanced around at the ground. “We explore. Travel in pairs.”

Sehun is tempted to stick with Luhan because he missed him so much, but he is also oddly curious about Kai's "gut feelings."

  1. Choose Luhan
  2. Choose Kai