Sorry (Final)

You and Me

"Finally, done." Jessica stretched her arms over her head and let out a sigh. She went over the file and designs she finished and let a small smile on her face before setting everything aside. "I should get going... It's getting pretty late." Jessica called for her secretary and told her that she would be going home.

 

After finally arriving at the house, the woman rubbed her head. "Aish... I should really do something to apologize to those two." She muttered to herself and entered the big house, only to be greeted by silence.

 

"I'm home!" Jessica announced and looked around. But she didn't hear anything. Everything looked the same; nothing touched or moved. "Taeyeon? _____?" She called out, but received nothing. "Come on, you two. I'm sorry for ignoring you. Please stop hiding."

 

A heavy sigh escaped her lips and she pulls her phone out before dialing your number. Jessica then made her way to your room while still trying to find you and Taeyeon. "Why isn't she picking up..." She muttered under her breath and opened the door. "I'm sorry. Just come out and do your worst." Jessica grumbled before looking at her phone. Somehow, she felt something in her stomach that made her uneasy. "_____?"

 

Placing her things down, Jessica decided to change her clothes first before she would continue her search, thinking that you and Taeyeon were just pranking her like before.

 

"Wait a minute." Jessica looked through the closet, rummaged it a few times before her eyes widened. "_____'s things aren't..." Jessica then quickly ran out of the room and to Taeyeon's room, wishing that she was wrong. "Taeyeon? Baby?" But to her dismay and fear, the room was empty. Nothing but the pictures of the three of you that were displayed in Taeyeon's room.

 

Jessica ran back to her bedroom and grabbed her phone before dialing your number again. But there was nothing. Your phone was turned off. Jessica could feel her eyes starting to sting, but calmed herself. "Tiffany..." For a moment, she almost forgot that you two were siblings then quickly called the other's number.

 

"Yeob-"

 

"Where's my wife and my daughter?" Without wasting time, Jessica quickly demands for answers.

 

"Woah. What's gone up your ? I didn't do anything to my sister or niece." Tiffany answered sassily.

 

"I don't have time for games, Fany. Tell me where they are." Jessica said through gritted teeth.

 

"Unnie! I'm taking Taeyeon out for a while!" Jessica heard that loud and clear. "Nae. Just be careful." 

 

"Where are you?" Jessica clenched her fists. "At home. Wae?" Tiffany replied calmly.

 

"I'm heading there right now." Just as Jessica was about to grab her keys, Tiffany stopped her.

 

"It's pointless, Sica. You won't find us and _____ and Taeyeon aren't coming back to you. I know what happened and I've never been so disappointed. You promised me you would take care of her, but you just lied and messed it up, again."

 

Jessica left the room and went back downstairs before heading to the kitchen. "You can't take my family away from me, Tiff." That's where she notices the note on the table. Supposedly, she was going to throw it away. But as soon as she saw her name on it, she read the letter.

 

"I trusted you with my sister, Sica. I can't believe you just did that to her and even to your own daughter. What did they ever do for you to just hurt them and not care?"

 

Tears welled up in the blonde's eyes as she covered . All the while, she was also listening to your unnie speak.

 

"I'm sorry, but you can't get them anymore. We're no longer in Korea. Me and Yuri moved, and both my sister and niece need a new life without all this mess." 

 

"Mwo?! Where are you? Tell me, now!" Jessica shouted as tears streamed down her face. "You can't just take my family, Tiffany! That's not how it goes!"

 

"I didn't take them. I asked them if they wanted to come with me and Yuri, and they agreed." Tiffany answered softly while Jessica took a seat.

 

"They're also my family, Jessica. I also have the right to have them with me. _____ is my sister and Taeyeon is my niece. After finding out that you haven't been treating them right, I made up my mind to step up and take care of them. So.... I hope you're happy with what you've done." without anything more to say, Tiffany hung up as Jessica lowered her phone, staring at the note in her hands.

 

"No... No, no, no, no, no! This can't be happening!" Jessica held her head and closed her eyes tight, hoping to see you and Taeyeon when she opens them again. But what greets her is enough to make her tears finally fall like a waterfall.

 

Shaky fingers carefully picked up the golden band from the table and Jessica already knows it's yours. "_____......" Jessica sobbed and called your name repeatedly as she curled up on the couch, apologizing none stop as everything dawned on to her, reality slapping her hard across the face.

 

In the end, Jessica fell asleep on the couch, holding your wedding ring tightly in her hands with tear stained face.

 

The next day, Krystal arrived and was surprised to see her sister. But she had already known about the situation after you two talked. Both you and Krystal were close and you treated her like a sister, but not like Tiffany. The way you treat Krystal, was a bit similar to how Jessica treated your unnie.

 

"Unnie..." Krystal gently brushed Jessica's hair off her face then noticed the item in her grasp, making her frown more. "Aish... Look at you. You're such a mess." She shook her head and the younger Jung soon woke her sister up. "_____?"

 

Your name is the first thing that comes from Jessica's lips, but to her dismay, it was only her sister, to which, she ends up crying again.

 

Krystal hugs her unnie tight and rocked her from side to side, allowing her to cry as much as she needed before gently rubbing her head. "Unnie... It's okay. Just take a deep breath and calm down." But that was a bit difficult for the older Jung.

 

Krystal decided to stay with her unnie for the day, also calling Jessica's secretary and telling her that she wouldn't be coming to work due to some personal matters and hung up after politely saying goodbye.

 

"Unnie." But Jessica didn't answer and just stared lifelessly at the ceiling. Krystal gave a sigh and shook her head.

 

"I'm not supposed to tell you this, but... They're in California, right now. After three months, you didn't even come home to check on them or even a message. I can't believe you didn't even realize..." Mumbling the last part, Krystal stares at her unnie with disappointment.

 

Krystal then placed a hand on Jessica's shoulder and made her unnie look at her. "She needs you... Even though she may have seemed angry and want nothing to do with you, _____ unnie needs you." She spoke in a soft tone. "I saw and heard her last month before they left. She was broken, unnie, much worse than you are now... She just didn't show it." Krystal said with a whisper and Jessica looks at her skeptically. "How would she be feeling worse? She's the one that left." But Krystal shook her head with a frown.

 

"Unnie, you left them; the day you started to neglect them. If you haven't noticed, you even forgot your own daughter's birthday." Jessica cringed at that before she blinked. "Wait. Taeyeon's birthday?" Jessica scrambled to grab her phone, but Krystal must have already figured out. "Three months ago, unnie."

 

The older Jung froze and her heart dropped. She looked at Krystal as she snatched her phone and tried to check if what her sister said was true before she let out a shuddering breath and slumped her shoulders with her eyes shut tightly. "...." Jessica whispered to herself. ", , . , , , , !" Krystal frowned as she watched her unnie beat herself up and cry after finally realizing her mistake before the younger Jung shook her head. "Come on, unnie. This isn't healthy for you. Let's go home."

 

"No! Soojung, don't you understand? I need to get them back." Jessica protested as she stood and grabbed her jacket. "I need to find them. What if something happens?" She began to panic before Krystal lightly placed a hand on her shoulder. "Unnie, that's enough. _____ unnie is fine with Tiffany unnie and Yul unnie. They'll be okay."

 


 

Weeks after, Jessica managed to get herself together and had finally calmed down. She didn't stop pestering Tiffany into telling her where you and Taeyeon were, but your unnie had stopped bothering her calls or texts and just focused on her own family.

 

Right now, Jessica was walking down the sidewalk after finishing her schedules for the day, trying to think while relaxing herself.

 

But when a child had bumped into her, she was pulled out of her train of thought. "Sowry." The little girl apologized before she continued to run toward the park where a few more children were playing.

 

Jessica's eyes followed the little girl before sighing heavily. 'Taeyeon-ah... Do you miss mommy or have you forgotten me...' Jessica tried to keep her tears at bay and walked over to the playground, allowing her memories to rewind in her head until a familiar laugh caught her ears.

 

"Wait... What..." Turning her head from side to side, the designer tried to locate the sound of laughter, but only found the same child that bumped into her.

 

"Umma!" The blonde raiser a brow and her eyes followed to here the little girl was headed before her eyes widened and her heart stopped beating for a moment when she saw the child's mother.

 

Without thinking, her feet had moved on their own before she was nearing the woman. But as soon as she got closer, she felt her feet grow heavier with each step until she stopped walking altogether when she noticed the woman's slightly bigger stomach.

 

"_____...."

 

Instantly, your name is what escapes Jessica's lips, but her mind was still on your stomach. You were... No. There was no way that could happen.... Could there?

 

"_____! There you are!" Another familiar voice greeted Jessica's ears as someone passed by her. She saw the red hair of her old best friend while the woman approached you with that eyesmile of hers. "Oh, unnie? What's wrong?"

 

"What have I told you about going out in your own?" Tiffany asked with a frown on her face. "Not only did I have to take care of Seohyun, but I had to take care of Taeyeon, too. But other than them, I was worried about you, pabo!" Your unnie ranted on. But despite her scolding, she was checking on your well-being.

 

"Sorry, unnie. I just wanted to walk and exercise my legs." You giggled before Tiffany showed a smile while shaking her head. "Yah. I told you to at least tell me. Seriously, you had me worried. You know you're condition."

 

Jessica missed that smile. The warmth in your eyes made her long for you more, but she couldn't help that uneasy feeling in her stomach.

 

"Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I'm not capable of taking care of myself." And that was the problem. Jessica stared painfully while you continued to speak with your older sister.

 

"Umma." Taeyeon called for your attention and tugged at your dress. "Hmm? What is it, baby?" You asked while placing a hand on your daughter's head. She then pointed at Jessica's direction before speaking. "Mommy."

 

Both you and your sister look over before you were both caught by surprise at the sight of your wife, staring at you with glistening eyes.

 

You look at your daughter before gently patting her back. "Taengoo, go play first, okay?" The child smiled and nodded happily before running off as you turn back to the unmoving person. Tiffany was about to walk to Jessica but you caught her wrist then shake your head. "Let me talk to her." You whisper and she smiles lightly while nodding before walking to Taeyeon.

 

Your eyes were now locked on to the woman that once meant the world to you before taking a careful step forward. She doesn't move, so you press on until your only a few feet away from her. "Jessica?"

 

And suddenly, just by calling her name made Jessica's knees grow weak, but she steeled herself and took in a deep breath before looking at your face. It was still the same; beautiful and flawless like she had remembered.

 

"What are you doing here?" You asked in a soft tone. "I... I..." Somehow, Jessica couldn't find her voice. It had been so long since you both last spoke to each other. A tear slipped from her eyes. "_____.... I miss you."

 

You raise a brow, confusion covering your face as Jessica stares at you. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for what I did, for what I didn't do. I just... I just wanted to see you and Taeyeon again." The crack in her voice indicated that she was close to crying and you let out a soft sigh before gently taking her arm. "Let's go for a walk."

 

 

"So..." Jessica decided to speak up during your walk. You had filled her in on what you had been doing with your sister, here, in California. Jessica was, of course, disappointed that she wasn't able to be with you throughout. But she was more hurt because she had found out something she dreaded to hear. "W-Who's the lucky guy?"

 

Finding out that you were pregnant took everything in Jessica to keep herself from breaking down. Luckily, she had managed to cover it up, stating it was just the weather. "Well, I've just been out of a relationship. It didn't really work." You answer while shaking your head. "But the baby..."

 

You then stopped walking and breathed out as Jessica looked at you. "_____.... Baby... I really missed you and I was a big idiot for leaving you and Taeyeon behind. I was wrong. But please, let me make it up to you." She let out a shaky breath before taking your hands in her own.

 

"You told me that before, unnie... And yet...." She flinches at that before quickly shaking her head. "This is the last. I promise. Please. I'll do everything I can. Even if you've moved on, I'll do whatever I can to make you love me again. I'm not letting you go this time." While saying this, Jessica holds your hand and stares deep in your eyes with much sincerity.

 

"Let me take care of you and Taeyeon. I'll even look after the... B-baby. Even though it isn't mine, I'll treat them as my own. Please. I just need you to-" you didn't let her finish. Instead, you let go of Jessica's hands and gently cupped her face before silencing her with a soft and sweet kiss on the lips.

 

"Pabo-yah... This is your baby."

 

Jessica stared blankly at you, still a bit dazed after the kiss before her eyes widened as she looked at you as if you had grown a second head. "Wait. M-My baby?" You nod with a small smile on your lips while caressing her cheek. "The last relationship I had was with you. I could never find anyone better than you, even if I wanted." You whisper while gazing into her brown orbs.

 

At that, Jessica's tears had finally started to flow down her cheeks as she held on to you tightly, but not tight enough to but you and the baby. You continue to smile and rub her back, soothing her as she cried on your shoulder while muttering words you could barely understand.

 

After finally collecting herself and wiping her tears away, Jessica pulled away and inhaled deeply. "Hwang _____, I'm so sorry for being a total jerk to you and our child. I promise never to leave you again and I'll fulfill my role as the mother of our children." She took out the ring in her pocket and got down on one knee. "Will you marry me, again?"

 

You nodded happily as she slipped the ring on your finger before hugging you once more then gave you a gentle and tender kiss that reminded you of your first kiss.

 

 "Jess, come with me." You then took Jessica's hand and bring her back to the park where Taeyeon was waiting, along with Tiffany. "Mommy?" Little Taeyeon showed a wide grin at the sight of her mother before letting go of her Aunty's hand and ran to both her parents, engulfing the taller one in a tight hug. "Mommy, I missed you!"

 

Jessica smiled softly and bent down to be leveled with her daughter as she returned the hug. "I missed you, too, kiddo." Taeyeon then looked at you. "Umma, does mommy know Yoongie now?" The question confuses the woman in question and turned to you while you nervously rub the back of your head. "Who's Yoongie?"

 

"Well, Yoongie is actually Yoona..... your soon to be daughter." Tiffany chuckled lightly and shook her head before walking to Jessica and flicking her forehead. "Still slow as ever."

 


 

This, I honestly don't know what happened. I hope it isn't that bad. I'm also really sorry that I wasn't able to update fast here. I've been having so much on my mind and my immune system keeps bugging me. I hope you liked it. If not, you can request for a sequel to this.

 

Sincerely, YoonJin.