Chapter 12

Not So Cute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Chen! That’s my pencil!” Yixing whined as he tried to take his pencil back from Jongdae who stole it while he was busy drawing squares and circles his teacher uncle Kyungie just taught them.

 

Hearing Yixing’s high-pitched whining, Sehun stood from his seat and walked in between Chen and Yixing. He crossed his arms over his chest as he gave Chen a glare. “Give Yixing’s pencil back,” he demanded.

 

Jongdae scoffed. “Why are you always beside Yixing? You’re not his brother,” he said as he went back to his seat and started drawing the task their teacher gave them, using Yixing’s pencil of course.

 

“Yes, I am. Yixing’s brothers said that I could be his brother in school,” Sehun retorted, glaring daggers at Chen’s back.

 

“Hmp,” Chen stuck his tongue out at them then continued drawing.

 

Yixing pouted, tears forming on the corners of his eyes. “Chen, please give my pencil back,” he pleaded as he held back a sob.

 

Sehun gasped at that. He took Yixing’s hand so Yixing would feel that he’s always there for him. He didn’t want Yixing to cry on their first day in school, especially in his care. “Teacher, Chen took Yixing’s pencil!” he called for his teacher mama’s attention, pointing his little finger at Chen who was bullying his friend.

 

Kyungsoo walked to the three kids and observed them first. Sehun was holding hands with Yixing who seemed ready to cry in any moment now. Chen had his back facing them, totally ignoring the two and just continuing doing his task. “Chen-ssi, did you really take Yixing’s pencil?” he inquired with the gentlest tone.

 

Chen stood up from where he was sitting to look at his teacher. “Neh,” he answered pouting sadly.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because Yixing’s pencil has a bunny on it!” Chen answered as he showed his teacher Yixing’s purple pencil with a bunny printed at the bottom. “Mine doesn’t. I want to try his!” he reasoned, taking his plain blue pencil and showing it to his teacher-nim. “I’m just borrowing this for a moment,” he continued whining as he puffed his cheeks out.

 

“Chen-sii, come here,” Kyungsoo crouched down so he was on eye-level with Jongdae and ruffled his hair. “If you want to borrow something, you shouldn’t just take it. You have to ask nicely,” he told the boy who nodded at him in understanding. “Now try,” he gently pushed Chen closer to the two kids.

 

Jongdae looked at the two, his lips pouting again. “Yixing, can I borrow your pencil?” he asked, looking away as he suddenly felt shy.

 

Yixing thought for a moment before he nodded his head, smiling kindly at Jongdae. “I guess it’s fine. I have a spare one in my bag,” he told the other kid.

 

“Well, now that’s great!” Kyungsoo said as he clapped his hands. He motioned the three to sit on the seats which were circling a big round table enough for three kids. “Now, you three, don’t fight, okay? Be good friends,” he told them.

 

“Neh!” the three said in unison.

 

Once Kyungsoo left to check the other kids, Chen shifted his seat a little closer to Sehun. “Did Yixing’s brother really allowed you to be his brother?”

 

Sehun looked at Chen and nodded seriously. “Neh”

 

“Wow! That’s awesome!” Jongdae exclaimed as he stared at Sehun, amazed at how the kid did his responsibility so well. “Yixing, can I be your hyung too?”

 

Hearing his name, Yixing stopped to look up at Jongdae. He frowned as he thought for a moment. He remembered his mama saying before ‘the more, the merrier’. That’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter