Connection

From a box with love
Please log in to read the full chapter

"No"

"But–"

"I said no; no is no; no; nope, never ever gonna happen. NO"

"...."

"What are you doing!? Do not make that face!— Yes, you are making a face. It's me who should be making a face not you."

I crossed my arms, Luhan frowned deeper.

"I know what you're thinking" I spat " But no is no. A word that in human language means that whatever you want you will not have, especially that."

It was Cockroach turn to cross his arms this time.

The staring battle has officially began. Please take your seat it is going to take a while.

"They're at it again, aren't they?" Chen whispered to Tao who merely nodded  while curiously watching the duo from his favorite spot on the couch.

"I though Luhan was the mind-reading one, not her" Kai snorted.

"They have a connection!" Chanyeol happily boomed. The other three made a face.

"We all do" Chen corrected.

"what do you mean by connection Hyung?" Tao asked.

"A human connection?"

"You can connect humans? " The maknae wondered with wide eyes, his brain whirling around strange ideas.

"Humans connect physically, not in the way you're probably thinking" Kai stated dryly

"Hyejin and Luhan connected... physically? But we all connect physically with her right? When she gives us energy..." Tao was now definitely confused. "There are other ways? What is the human's way to connect?"

"There is no such a way..." Chen muttered a little flustered. 

" But Chanyeol..."

"I gotta go! In the, umh, the bathroom? Yeah, bathroom! see ya" Chanyeol fled.

"Kai?"

"what."

"How do humans–"

"They... love?"

" But we made a deal to love her too so we–"

"NO."

"but you said 'love'!"

"It's different!"

"How so?" Tao whined "How is human's connection different from our connection with her? Uh?"

"I don–"

"Luhan-hyung has a human connection with Hyejin!?" The even more confused minion shrieked.

That made even the two contestants turn their attention on the other aliens who were on the couch.

"...What?" I asked blinking - officially losing our battle. I looked between Tao and Luhan. Connection? Luhan kept staring at Tao with an unreadable face not answering me.

"Luhan!" the blonde minion cried, 'forgetting' to use honorifics, "That's not fair!"

Chen ducked his face into his palms, Kai was unmoving, uncertain on what to do. He had to admit he too didn't know anymore what they were really talking about... Something fishy for sure: Chen was embarrassed... So after all Luhan really had it the human way?

No one moved.

Slowly Cockroach's blank expression faded and a mixed one took its place. I could usually read his face now but that was a new one and kind of hard to decipher: I could see confusion, anger and embbarassment but most of all disbelief. Disbelief for what? To what Tao had said? 

What did he say? Connection? Wi-fi is not working? Alien signals are off today? But what did Luhan do then?

I shifted my gaze on Chen and Kai... 

He definitely must have done something though.

I bore my gaze on Cockroach who stiffened. Guilty much, uh? I really had no clue to why I was menacingly staring at him now but the others seemed to have a problem with him so I joined in. After all I always had a problem with him anyway. That illegal mind-reading smurf.

Chen must have interpreted it wrong 'cause he loudly gulped and looked at me with eyes ready to bulge out of their sockets.

"She did..."

Ok, now they were staring at me...

I started feeling guilty out of the blue... Judging aliens are not easy to withstand.... 

What did I do though?

Even Kai had his mouth agape... Oh crabby crab of the crabben, I definitely did something really wrong then. I desperately looked back to Luhan, we must have sinned together but how? When and why?

He returned my gaze with even more wide eyes, his lips twitched.

"Oh. My...." Chen was having breathing difficulties.

"That was..." Kai was at a loss of words ".....unexpected" he croaked.

"Hyuuuunng!!" Tao complained " You did not!"

Luhan seemed to recover from his shock.

"I did not"

"Liar!"

"How did you manage?"

"KAI!" Chen shrieked.

"He did not - what??"

Four pairs of eyes glared at me.

"Why are you g

Please log in to read the full chapter