Karma

From a box with love
Please log in to read the full chapter

I was sure I had left the house and went to Suga's place the previous night so waking up on a rooftop did take me by surprise.

I was also sure I hadn't had any drink or drug but me on a rooftop in the morning was as real as the little bird chirping lively not more than two meters away.

I wasn't dreaming either. Or perhaps I could be, taken that I only had nightmares lately. 

Or. My perception of reality might have been distorted by the lack of sleep? I was almost sure I hadn't had more than two hours of rest between guilt and guilty pleasures.

At this point thought, I wasn't sure of anything.

Yes, I had theories.

But at the moment I just wanted to calmy head towards the door that brought to the stairs and get out of this effing rooftop.

"It's closed" a low voice interrupted me from even trying.

Of course. 

"Let me go" 

"I don't feel like it"

"Kai." I gritted. "Open the door"

" I can't" he turned with a dark gaze. "That's not the we way we used to come here anyway" he added as if it was completely obvious. It explained a lot of things however, starting from who brought me here.

"Why?" I managed. Our relationship wasn't all flowers and rainbows but I wouldn't ever have thought he'd try to kill me on a rooftop on a random morning.

Ignoring me he just kept on fidgeting with something in his hands. 

"Kai"

"..."

Speaking of waking up on the wrong side of the bed, not even after the third time I called him he spared me a single glance and no way in hell was I going to go nearer that alien. Frustrated I kicked the door hurting my foot in the process and insulted every atom of it. Kai being stubborn was nothing new nor it was him being unreadable. But that door could have had had the decency of sparing me an unwanted morning on this rooftop, right?

I resorted to silently sit with my back against it. It must have been twenty minutes already since I woke up and that thing still behaved like I wasn't there, trapped against my will. 

"At least tell me what are you punishing me for!? We can work it out then?" 

" I am not punishing you"

"Then what!?" I burst out.

" I don't like that guy"

" I don't like you"

He effectively turned around fixing me with a glare able to kill.

"You ran away"

"Since when was I caged in my home? I am not your prisoner. You are being unreasonable. Do the others know I am here?

"Don't listen to Hyung"

"Kai, seriously" 

But he only decided it was enough and teleported away right under my nose, leaving me there.

***

Fifteen minutes later I had given up the hope of him coming back. It simply didn't make sense. At all. 

Thanks the heavens the door finally opened to reveal a mortified Lay and a out of breath Chen. I preferred not to question the situation though and followed them out. 

No one uttered a word on the way back home. They didn't come after me in my room either nor did they stop me from collapsing on my bed.

I seriously had enough of them and their powers acting up. Has that been a jealousy act? Or was Kai simply nut? Did he despise me that much? 

At this point though I wasn't really motivated  to find out for I could only feel anger bubbling inside my chest. I wasn't a doll you can lock on a rooftop. I mean I was pretty defenseless but manhandling me like that wasn't right at all. 

Were was the respect they promised?

Turning and churning on the mattresses I finally found myself lying face down on the pillow, drained. But I couldn't let them have this effect on me so I flown out of the bed, fought a little with sudden vertigos, and headed out of my castle with my head high.

I was so ready to have this verbal and emotional battle. I could hope to have an influence on them only in that field after all...

 So ready.

"...Lay...?!"

Perhaps not today. 

"Lay, shoot! Are you okay?" I chocked out upon seeing him on my couch, pale and almost passed out.

"Chen!" 

No answer.

"...Kai!?"

Either.

"Oh come on, this isn't happening!" I fretted towards the kitchen to retrieve warm water, cold water, rags, medicines, whatever could work or I could think of. Three seconds later I was kneeling gently beside the ill alien. All the previous anger gone. 

"Lay..." I sweetly murmured while checking his temperature and pulse. I seriously had no idea how to treat him right. They had similar body functions but to what degree I didn't know. "Lay... help me out for a bit, big boy" I pleaded caressing his cheek. He was kinda cold, not that I often had the opportunity to check his usual body temperature but Kyungsoo's was usually higher than this. I wanted a hug.

"I swear, you can't pass out on me like this! You hearing me??" 

A feeble groan later and two half-lidded, purplish eyes finally looking back at me, even if a bit unfocused, alerted me of his consciousness still there. Kind of.

"What do you need Lay? I don't know what to do..."

He just pointed a finger in my direction.

I froze. "What...?" He furrowed his brows in an annoyed and tired way. "Don't pull a Kai on me now" I didn't manage to restrain myself from scolding. "I like Lay ten thousand times better" I added though. 

Shifting on the sofa beside him and helping him repositioning better on the cushions I finally enveloped his hands in my palms. The overwhelming motherhood instinct that surged in that moment took me by surprise but after all he was literally the size of a child. A vulnerable and weak child at that. And I felt so incredibly guilty.

"Please. Please " I wispered more to myself "tell me it's not me, not on you." I started caressing his cheek again " Perhaps if it worked on Kai, ugh" 

Lay groaned again.

"Ok, ok,

Please log in to read the full chapter