When things don't go the right way

From a box with love
Please log in to read the full chapter

It has been four days since Chanyeol's little blow up and apart seeing Kai's face when he came to take his peers back I haven't seen or heard about them since then. Which, admittedly, worries me a little... Yet I feel like I have a more solid bond with Soo and I believe Chen will keep his word too so I trust them not to disappear without letting me know first. 

"Who are you thinking of?" A voice suddenly scares the hell out of me and I hit the table with my knees really bad. My heart has just stopped and restarted at double speed and, while the pain is steadily rising, I just let my head sink slowly in mute agony. 

"Ouch" He sing-songs with mock empathy "Thinking of me then?"

I can't see him but I just know he is smiling.

"Of course" I mutter through gritted teeth "Welcome back, darling" I sneer finally opening my eyes too see him. He is standing on my table, barefooted, arms crossed,messy hair and trademark sour expression back on. Some seconds go by in utter awkwardness and huff. 

Just when I am about to ask him what he wants, he simply reaches out and touch my hand that was theatrically spinning in the air to stress the fact that I was annoyed by his very presence. 

Half a second later I am somewhere else, surrounded by darkness.

I try to keep my composure but it's kind of hard since the familiar sense of nausea is growing inside my stomach and I apparently landed in a very embarrassing position on what instinctively appears to be a bed. I had time to tentatively go back to a sitting pose before the lights came back on revealing the bedroom I was effectively in.

The door is slightly ajar and peeking from the other side I can recognize three familiar faces.

"Well. Hello?" I ask taken back from their cautious behavior, I couldn't really blame them but I didn't teleport myself there on my own or my will either...

"Hello?" Lay greets me back with a sweet smile yet he doesn't enter the room.

"Hi" I repeat dryly.

They still linger there not daring to take a step closer while Kai's image of them being all little highly explosive grenades resurfaces in my brain with a very bad, bad timing.

Owly is the one to push Lay aside and climbs on the bed in front of me, nods in acknowledgement and looks back at the others encouraging them to follow him. They do and soon I have Chen, Lay and Soo on the bed, sitting and weirdly silent while staring at me warily. 

"This is awkward" I state

"I agree" says Chen

"This is necessary" admits Lay, Kyungsoo just shrugs.

"We're sorry though" The cat-like minion adds with a shy smile

"Kai not so much"

"Kai is just... Kai"

"That explains a lot." I deadpan "I suppose we're at your place? You renovated the house?" I ask, looking around to find that indeed the room was definitely different from the last time, Soo smiles proudly. "Where are the others?"

"On errands or doing chores like always" Lays answer me with a 'duh' demeanor.

"You mean out of here so we can't die too early?" He smiles apologetically. I sigh. "So...You are the chosen ones then? What now?" The uneasiness inside me is unsettling yet familiar. I am expecting anything honestly.

"We... See how it goes?"

"You mean...If something is going to explode like in my flat? Is that your plan??" They look at each other without correcting me "Great. So I have to stay here until something goes wrong?"

"Just for the night, Kai will bring you back in the morning..."

"Awesome... So, eum... What we do now?"

"Don't touch electric things" 

"Don't hug me"

"The kitchen is a no-no"

"No TV"

"Be ca

Please log in to read the full chapter