Way to go

From a box with love
Please log in to read the full chapter

I had never  been so  relieved  to see Suho I my life like the moment he appeared  behind a boiling, and slightly glowing?, Baekhyun.

"Kai" He warned, stopping the younger from fleeting. Said boy didn't seem amused by being reunited  with his companions. At all. 

He stayed rooted  in his spot though, as if Suho's threatening tone held some  sort  of effective power over him. 

"Let's  go  home" Voice turning soft and soothing the older advanced towards him.

"What  home?" 

"Kai, I understand  you, but I can't accept this. Let's discuss it elsewhere."

It was an ultimatum. 

The tension was quickly rising as Kai's face darkened  by  the second. Baekhyun's frown morphing into an uncertain one. Suho remained stoic.

 

 

"...-"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

However, I literally had no opportunity  to hear the younger's anticipated 'No'.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh. For heaven's  sake!" I growled bending down and holding my stomach. Keep it together, keep it toge-

Fail.

Theeeere goes my dinner!

Ew.

And there come vertigos.

Awesome!

 

 

 

Back to the point.

...Where was I??

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kai! What have  you done!?" 

"I-  I didn't do anything! Hyung, I swear-"

"You've crossed  the line." Suho's voice was low. Dangerous. 

"If this really wasn't your intention, prove it by being useful. Let's go back first. Disobey orders again and I won't  be lenient."

Frazzled, the boy meekly put his hands over his brother and leader's shoulders. 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan seriously panicked. He kept his composure however, the situation was bad enough as it was without him hyperventilating. 

Sitting on the couch of their headquarters, he was seated in between a dejected-looking Baekhyun and a relatively calm Xiumin, bless him.

Not everyone was there though. Sehun and Tao had been spared the anguish  of worrying and had been left peacefully sleeping in their rooms.

Dread reigned over the room.

As Kai had firmly stated it hadn't  been his doing, consciously at least, a thick veil of silence permeated the air. 

Luhan really wished not to able  to read minds. The less they talked the more they thought... It was becoming borderline painful for him. 

"He is not lying" He defended his friend's brother, even though he would  have gladly strangled him.  

"Good." murmured Kris. "But your actions are not to be taken lightly, Kai. You can decide to break off with us but you'll  be on your own-"

"Kris..." Kyungsoo interjected.

"We won't allow Hyejin to be in danger again for your whims. Am I clear?"

"..Yes, I understand"

"Go search for her. Pray she's ok because otherwise-"

Kyungsoo got up and squeezed the boy's shoulder throwing him a sad look. Kai immediately compelled.

As he vanished Suho hit the table with his head; Chen exhaled and Chanyeol groaned.

"That brat."

"You were too harsh, Kris" Kyunsoo admonished.

"We always had been too loose with him, Kyungsoo. He has to stop being egotistical. We can't afford our only warranty of survival on this planet to die-"

"Let's not be that negative now..."

"I will not die by the hands of an hormonal teenager-"

"Kris." 

All heads turned to Luhan.

"We are all angry but the boy got the message. He won't disobey anymore" 

How he loathed taking Kai's side.

"Excuse  me..."

Baekhyun got up and fled, Chanyeol bowed and went after him.

 

"...Ain't this familiar" Chen joked, Xiumin rolled his eyes at him.

"Still." Lay started for the first time "She has teleported on her own."

Everyone shut  up.

"It shouldn't  be possible" Kris face-palmed 

"I believe she used Kai's power" Lay continued. "Somehow... she is starting  to manipulate our abilities to her advantage"

"How's this whole set up an advantage? She might have drown in the ocean already if she had appeared in the wrong  place..." Chen fired back.

"She's not fully controlling it either but think about it, guys. It can't  be us suddenly losing control of our nature." 

"Then why didn't it happen with Baekhyun? Those two hate each  other's guts..."

"She disliked Kai too" Xiumin piped up.

"It's not affected by her sympathies, that much is clear."

"But Lay... she can't possibly develop that ability...It could be disastrous... "

"Mmh, we can't kno

Please log in to read the full chapter