Perugia

From a box with love
Please log in to read the full chapter

I land on my .

Hard.

It takes two full minutes to be able to think something else that isn't along the lines of 'I totally broke my sacrum' or 'It hurts too much to be dead'. Yet after much consideration coping with the pain was probably better than realizing where I was...  Definitely in a place I didn't know.

And from the look of it...Most probably alone.

This time I use up two full minutes to review my whole repertoire of rants.

BUT. I was alive which was a real blessing.

Still complaining to myself I try to get up but it doesn't go as smoothly as I had planned... My back hurt, my worse and my legs aren't cooperating with all the shaking they're doing. So I end up standing like a very old person, with my hands on my back and the same grim expression of someone that suffer from arthritis. 

I remind myself I was the luckiest person in the world... Still... I didn't know what I was feeling, pain aside. Elated or Angry? Scared? 

I felt like jumping around from the joy while crying from the scare and looking for a certain idiotic alien to skin alive. 

Which made me realize he was actually my only way out...

So, for the very first time, I focus on my surroundings and three things strike me:

1 - I am in what appears to be a city;

2 - The sun is shining happily;

3 -  I am in my pajama and slippers.

Oh. There also are people looking weirdly at me. I stare at them and they stare back. I'd laugh if I could... I shouldn't even find this situation so hilarious however I totally do, so I start laughing anyway...But it comes out weirdly, I almost choke and ultimately, I cry like a baby in a body of a pained elder.

A guy comes up to me with a very concerned face and asks me something I can't really understand. Great. I am God knows where outside of my nation. The sun shining should have been proof enough but I hoped it wasn't the case.

One sob escapes my mouth. 

The guy has started talking reassuringly now and is gently patting my shoulder. Somehow it is indeed soothing and the tears stop flowing. He has a nice voice and even though I don't know the language it feels familiar. Almost like Spanish. 

It takes me all the way up to the hospital to realize where I am.

Italy.

Kai sent me to Italy.

Right on the other side of the planet.

It is a lot to take in all the while that guy is still talking. He was nice enough to bring me to visit some doctors. They say I might suffer from a mild shock. I agree. I am dazed. 

Bloody hell.

...

I should totally go sightseeing Rome then! Or Milano. I want to eat gelato. And Pizza. I should go to Naples too then. Italian guys! And- I think I am  a little bit overwhelmed by the realization. 

Yet the doctors say I have to sleep first. 

I think they sedated me too.

They totally did as my lids close on their own.

 

Way to kill the excitement, ugh.

 

***

 

I wake up on the hospital bed feeling tired but not in pain. I stretch a little and it hits me like a caravan than I am in Italy. Without documents. How do you explain to officials you have been teleported? 

Also. Some persons were already after those aliens... Better keep a low profile.

I must escape. Quickly. 

I realize I am still wearing my pajama.

Dang it!

However it seems like it's night time outside too. I had planned to exit the building calmly and with nonchalance but I ended up running for dear life as soon as I spotted a nurse checking some schedules in the corridor. He didn't even see me... 

Running didn't mean I knew where I was going so I found myself  panting in the closet staff with my heart threatening to escape my ribcage. At first I cursed myself as someone was bound to enter sooner or later to retrieve s

Please log in to read the full chapter