Chapter 7

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Lu Han! Please talk to me!” Sehun knocked on the door that woke up Xiao Lei from her deep but very short sleep.


“Go away!”


“I know I hurt you and I’m sorry but you at least got to hear me out!”


“What? So you can tell me your love story with that Tiffany girl?! I am not interested. I’ve seen and heard enough so GO. AWAY.”


“Lu Han, I’m sorry. It’s my fault.” Tiffany came into Sehun’s defense.


“Yeah maybe it is. You seduced my man, but he fell for it. Sehun, I already cried my eyes out and I’m sick of it. You know how mean and brutal I can be when I’m furious and you don’t want your GIRLFRIEND to see that. I said go!”


“JUST SHUT UP! ALL OF YOU!” Xiao Lei stormed out of her room, glaring at the three people who suddenly closed their mouths and listened to her. “Don’t ever disturb any people’s lives just because of your annoying love affairs!”


“Shirley—” Tiffany wanted to calm her friend down but the other woman had already glared at her.


“You! You were my best friend but seeing you like this makes me so disappointed in you. How can you do this?! I am supportive of your every decision, but not this time Tiff. And you! I already thought you’re a great man for being loyal but it seemed like it was all a façade and temporary. If you two are even humans at all, you wouldn’t even dare to show your faces ever again!”


As soon as Xiao Lei finished her speech, Lu Han went by her side, silently thanking her for taking his side. The other two visitors—more like intruders—went silent and hung their heads low in shame. They all knew Xiao Lei was right, but seeing her vent out made them think there is more than the issue between her friends.


“Just go…and don’t expect you’ll be forgiven anytime soon.”


The other two felt even worse after they heard Xiao Lei’s words. It was their fault and they can’t simply blame their feelings for each other. It may be reasonable for them—but stupid, especially when they’re in a relationship just like in Sehun’s case. With a heavy heart, Tiffany and Sehun quietly left the house, apologetic with their wrong doings.


“Hey, thank you. I feel a lot better now because of you.” Lu Han nudged Xiao Lei and swayed his body happily. It was a relief for him to let out his anger towards his ex, and somehow he felt more at ease after the incident. “Are you okay?”


Lu Han put a hand over her forehead that made her go wide eyed, and get flushed so early in the morning. She slowly looked up to meet his eyes yet her eyes landed on his lips and his not so obvious small scar under his lower lip. Gulping, she rapidly looked away and avoided Lu Han’s gaze while knocking her forehead to get her back to her senses.


“NO! I AM NOT OKAY! Y-y-you…g-g-go away!” she slapped his hands away but it only got worse for her. Lu Han cupped her face and looked closer to see what was wrong with her.


“What’s wrong with you then? You don’t have a fever though…”


“Jiejie—What is going on?” Tao raised an eyebrow as he saw the unpleasant scenery when he entered his sister’s home.


“Hey!” she faked a surprised expression while finally breaking free from Lu Han’s ‘affections’. “Kris and Lay are also here! What’s up?”


“We’re sorry for not being able to celebrate with you last night so here we are…and are we interrupting something?” Lay approached her and wrapped his limbs around her for a friendly hug.


“Not at all.”


“Aside from the food that you love, here’s our surprise for you Teacher Xiao Lei, and we can’t take no for an answer.” Kris gave her a gift wrapped box as she rolled her eyes before taking a seat to open her gift. Deep inside, she love their gifts not only for its materialistic purposes but she knows it all came from their hearts, and thought carefully. As soon as the gift wrap was thrown on the ground, the woman squealed in happiness and hugged her three brothers.


“I knew you’d like this! And please, you have no reason not to. Your laptop’s for junk shop already! This will also help a lot in your future teaching experiences~” Tao proudly presented the laptop to her and insisted that he was the one who chose the whole thing for her.


“This is also for you. Xiao Lei told us you’re a designer and you just submitted your designs. I hope these helps a lot in your next projects.” Lay genuinely smiled as Lu Han also received a gift from the good guys. Thanking them, he opened the bag and found a sketchbook and a set of colored pencils that he had been wishing for ever since he started designing.


“Whoa! You didn’t have to but thank you so much!” Lu Han’s eyes glowed in excitement and happiness. Xiao Lei stared as his eyes disappeared when he smiled. Those lips that were on hers just the night before…


“Nah, it’s okay. My cousin gave that to me but I know you will make good use of it than me.”


“AH! FORGET IT!” Xiao Lei shrieked that the four other men looked at her incredulously. “I m

Please log in to read the full chapter