Chapter 20

Odd Housemate
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Ms. Xiao Lei, your father wishes to speak with you in his office."
 

One of their maids knocked on her door. Xiao Lei was busy with a lot of paperwork yet the proposal was not one of them. There were a lot more that needs attention yet she realizes that her father would want to talk for that certain event.


"Please tell him I am exhausted that I am in no mood to talk."


"He said it's urgent and told me not to stop until you go." Her maid whimpered. "Please, Ms. Xiao Lei."


"Tell him to wait, I'm busy."


"Miss..." the maid whimpered again and Xiao Lei sighed in defeat. She left all her workload and went to her father's office as requested. The maid let out a small giggle as she followed Xiao Lei, just to make sure that she's going to go to her father's office. "Oh and madam said to have dinner after your quick meeting."


Xiao Lei stiffled a laugh due to her maid's innocence and gave her a quick nod before going into her father's office.


"What now?" she huffed and crossed her arms against her chest.


His father, still unfazed, faced his daughter. After all those years, and even after working for him for a couple of years, Xiao Lei still has her attitude towards him.


"This is business Xiao Lei, you should know that. Throwing an envelop on my table is unprofessional. You're lucky you are my daughter or else you'd be jobless. You realize that don't you?"


Xiao Lei slowly softened for she can't deny that he was right. She had been a brat due to the fact that Lu Han is their chief designer, and it means she has to work woth him.


"But it is also unprofessional to not let me know the changes when I should be the one in charge."


"I didn't change anything. That position was left blank and we just decided lately. You do not handle that concern and you are only in charge of the event."


"There are many well known and really good designers out there, why not them? Why him? And answer me both professionally and personally. It's no secret between us and if you can't give me answers then I will withdraw from this project." She smirked thinking that her father couldn't answer the latter part.


"He's credible, he just graduated from a business school in Italy and he's also had fashion design classes, he has fresh ideas per other designers, he has been creating a name for himself by winning all the designing and academic competitions he joined, he is also known for having good looks. Business wise, he is the perfect fit for the job, overqualified even. Aside from being a designer, he is also a good asset to the company. We also did a background check and he doesn't have any bad records, all are outstanding. We're lucky enough to get him since a lot of foreign companies are trying to get him. Any questions?"

 

"But Paaaaaaa..." she whined. She even wanted to beg and cry like a little kid but she wants to be the courageous and independent woman in front of her father.

 

"Xiao Lei, as I've said, this is business. You are a professional, then act professionally. I don't want you to be all emotions and think rationally. Don't think of this as a very personal matter. Besides, you and Yixing are already getting married. What's wrong?"

 

"Lay and I are not getting married. We're not even dating!"

 

"You're going to get there anyway, unless someone turns back." He chuckled and somehow got Xiao Lei pissed even more. "Just don't let your emotions eat you, Xiao Lei. Anyway, I'm not going to change my mind. Think of this is a challenge, if you survive this, then you could be the strongest woman I know...at least next to your mother."

 

"I hate you..." she mumbled under her breath as she walked out of his room, slamming the door behind her. A few moments later, she came back in with a pout.

 

"Mama said to come down, dinner is ready."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Challenge accepted...but at least finish your mission first."

 

Xiao Lei told herself half heartedly as she entered the elevator alone. She personally didn't want to work with Lu Han but leaving her team for personal reason makes her more unprofessional. All night, she thought hard for the matter and ended up having no sleep at all and a horrible pair of dark circles.

 

The elevator almost closed however a man decides to interrupt her moment. She has no issue if other people use the elevator with her...unless it is her ex named Lu Han.

 

"Good morning." He casually greeted her with a smile as he entered the elevator. Black hair, a pair of chubbier cheeks, fair skin, eye catching outfit. There might be a few changes but all of it screams Lu Han. Xiao Lei was caught off guard and was unable to respond to his greeting. "What floor are you? You haven't pushed a button."

 

"Uhm, 25th." she softly told him and he again smiled.

 

"We're just going on the same floor then." He wasn't facing her but seeing his clear reflection, she sees his wide smile.

 

Xiao Lei was comtemplating whether she should already get off and wait for another elevator or bear with it when she still has more than 20 floors to go.

 

She wasn't supposed to be embarassed and she could slap him if she wants to, yet she couldn't think and move properly. Her heart was thumping so hard, her body was starting to release cold beads of sweat, and her knees would give in anytime soon. There was an awkward silence before Lu Han could speak.

 

"It was really nice seeing you and I believe we're going to be working together on this project."

 

"I don't mean to be rude but I am not going to work with you. I'll work on this one with my team. You are the chief designer and the event is mine. So if you're not in anyway related or acquainted to me, do not talk to me. Purely business."

 

She suddenly blurte

Please log in to read the full chapter