When Ryeowook Cooked Ramen

Which One Is My Mr. Right?

~Your POV~

“See you tomorrow kids,” the bus driver said as each one of us went out.

Sungmin was the last one. “Safe trip, Mr. Bus Driver,” he said with a smile, waving at the bus driver before stepping out.

Finally! Home sweet home. Well something like that. Since for me, this place isn’t really a home yet. But still, I’m glad that school’s over for the day.

“So, how was your first day?” Donghae asked me casually as we entered the gate.

“It was okay.” Actually, it really was. Except for my singing disaster, everything went fine. My last class, Hosting class, with Sungmin and Hankyung, was also uneventful. My first day wasn’t bad after all.

He looked at me, carefully searching my face to know if I was really telling him the truth. No surprise to that. Kyuhyun must have told him what happened.

“Thanks for worrying. But you don’t really have to. I’m just your maid, remember? I might get use to it, you know,” I said, amused.

I mean, usually, the master of the house doesn’t normally associate with their maids, right? Especially with trivial things such as school.

“Oh you can get use to it. I’m a nice guy after all,” he said with a knowing smile.

“But don’t you think you’re too nice?” Heechul said derisively as he passed us.

Geez. What does he have against me? He's just like Kyuhyun.

“Hyung is really nice once you get to know him. He’s just not good in dealing with new people,” Donghae said, reassuring me.

“It’s okay. It’s only day two after all.”

“That’s the spirit,” he said with a smile.

We were inside the mansion. Everyone headed to their rooms.

“You have to cook something yummy for dinner, okay?” Kyuhyun said before disappearing into the hallway.

Okay. I lied. I said before that cooking is not my best field. The truth is, it’s not my field at all. I don’t know how to cook. I’ve tried, alright, but it always ends in a mess.

Geez. What to do. What to do.

As I went to my room, I considered asking for Donghae’s help but I changed my mind when I was half way towards the kitchen. This was my first chore after all. I have to do this alone, somehow.

So there I was, in the kitchen, staring at all the kitchen stuffs around me, not knowing how to begin.

It must have been five minutes or so when a voice behind me offered, “Do you need a hand?”

At first I thought it was Donghae but when I turned around, it was Ryeowook. He had an amused expression. He must have been watching me.

“Uh. Yes. I can’t really cook Ryeowook,” I admitted, but sort-of afraid that he’d start saying stuffs about how bad I was at my job.

But to my surprise, he just smiled and walked over to me. “Let me handle this then,” he said in an it’s-totally-okay voice.

I should have known. Ryeowook, like Donghae, was nice. He wasn’t like Kyuhyun or Heechul at all.

“Aren’t you wondering why I agreed to be a maid when I can’t really do stuffs?” I asked him as he was moving about the kitchen.

“No. Not really. You must have your reasons, right?” He said, glancing at me.

Awww. I wish everyone would be as nice as him and Donghae, and Kibum, and even Siwon– his simple gesture on our modeling class had really helped me.

“By the way, why didn’t you sit with either Donghae or me during our English class?” he asked after a minute of silence.

I think he’s making ramen.

“Because I want a normal and peaceful school life,” I answered, watching him pour cups of water into the pot.

“What do you mean by that?”

“You do know the entire school admire you guys, right? So they’d probably wonder who I am if you guys would pay me special attention,” I said. “Actually, to stay away from trouble, I guess it’s better if you would ignore me at school.”

“We can’t do that,” he said, shaking his head. “I can’t do that.”

“Why not? You don’t really know me to care enough,” I said straightforwardly. It wasn’t the nicest thing to say but it was true anyway. He didn’t get offended or anything though.

“That’s exactly the point,” he said gently, wanting me to understand it.

When I didn’t say anything, he said, “We want to get to know you, you. What better way to do it than to interact at school where we spend most of our time.”

“Are you sure it’s “we”?” I said, eyeing him.

He laughed. “Of course. Give them a chance to show that they really want to know you, okay?”

“Fine,” I shrugged.

A couple of silent minutes passed. Then, someone entered the kitchen.

“I smell ramen!” It was Shindong.

“Are you hungry, Hyung?” Ryeowook asked him.

“Starving, actually.”

“Don’t worry. It’s almost finished.”

A few more minutes passed. Ryeowook was done.

“Come on. Help me bring this to the dining area,” he said to me. Shindong had already gone out with a tray himself.

“Thanks, Ryeowook,” I said, taking a tray of food.

He was already at the door. “If you’re really thankful, you’ll let me talk to you at school,” he said, giving me a sly smile.

So he can be cunning, huh.

I felt the corner of my mouth pulling into a smile as well. “I’ll think about it,” I said, teasing him.

“Oh you know you want to~,” he said as his smile turned into a childish grin. We both got out of the kitchen.

“You wish,” I said, nudging him playfully but also careful at the same time to balance the tray in my hand.

“Since when did you two get so close?” Kyuhyun, by the sound of his voice, demanded. He was standing at the base of the stairs.

I decided to ignore him and headed straight to the dining area.

But Ryeowook suddenly said, “We ARE close. Why? Are you jealous?”

It had clearly been meant as a joke but Kyuhyun’s face suddenly went slightly red as if he was caught doing something he shouldn’t.

And before Kyuhyun could respond, Ryeowook said, “Silly Kyu~” in a laughing tone, finding it amusing. And to more, Ryeowook balanced his tray in one hand and wrapped his free arm around my shoulder. “Come on, you.” Ryeowook had a satisfied grin on his face.

When we were out of sight, down the hallway, he burst out laughing.

I raised an eyebrow at him. “What was that about?”

“Kyuhyun’s always ahead of me, you see. So it was kind-of funny teasing him that I am way closer to you than he is,” he paused, looking at me, “I am closer, right?”

I smiled. “I guess so.”

He grinned. “Let’s go.”

~Kyuhyun’s POV~

Ha-Ha. What’s so funny about that? Stupid Wookie. I was only asking!~

Who cares if he really is close to her already? I clearly don’t. Why would I anyway? And besides, I still have to get back at her. Just you wait, Stupid Maid.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry. Posted only one additional chapter. I still owe you guys 3 chapters. :(

Anyway, thanks for reading <3.^^.  Do comment and subscribe :))