The Start of the Quarter Festival

Which One Is My Mr. Right?

 

~Your POV~

I slumped on the couch and closed my eyes. Hmmm. What to do? What to do?

After lunch, the boys left. I just found out that everyone had school activities. Apparently, most of the guys were leaders of various school groups. No wonder they were famous.

Well, let’s just review my progress here, if ‘progress’ is the right word, since I’ve barely made any.

1. They’re all finally talking to me.

2.  Well, there’s no # 2.

That’s pretty much it. And I can’t see how’s that going to help me find my Mr. Right. So far, my heart has only reacted to Sungmin’s ‘hug’. If I’d take the fairy’s advice seriously, it would get me nowhere. I seriously need bonding moments with them to get to know them better. So far, these are the only things I could think of if you ask me about them.

1. Donghae and Kibum are both gentlemen. Donghae’s thoughtful and Kibum’s sweet.

2. Ryeowook is a great cook and I get along with him really well.

3. Sungmin is really nice and he’s so easy to be with. Except when he starts getting nervous, I’d suddenly get nervous as well.

4. Kangin and Leeteuk, either they’re only playing around or that’s really how they are, are both a little overprotective. Especially Kangin.

5. Hankyung is a bit of a flirt but he’s honest. I should make a mental note that if ever I’d find something suspicious, I’d be sure to ask him.

6. Yesung and Eunhyuk are both really helpful. They’re really helping with Singing and Dancing Lessons.

7. I don’t know much about Shindong and Siwon. But Siwon sure has nice abs XD (I’m just being honest people).

8. Heechul is, well, weird. One thing’s I’m sure though, he doesn’t like me.

9. Kyuhyun is pure EVIL. There’s no doubt about that. I don’t even know what kinds of schemes are running inside his brain.

And you know what? He just told me he had the perfect prank for me. I wonder what that would be. Not that I’d ever want to try it. I should really watch my back whenever he’s around.

“Hey.”

My eyes fluttered open, finding Kibum sitting on the couch across mine. “What are you doing inside the house in this great weather?” he asked.

“That’s the problem, I don’t know what to do,” I said, sitting up.

“Hmmm, let’s fix that then. Let’s go out for ice cream.” See? He’s a gentleman. Unlike Kyuhyun. Wait, why am I suddenly thinking of that jerk?

“Don’t you have any school activities?” I asked.

“I’m not busy,” he said instead. “And the others wouldn’t be this busy as well if it weren’t for the coming Quarter Festival next week.”

“Quarter Festival? Next week?”

“Uh-huh. The university will be celebrating its 25th anniversary on Friday. So next week will be pretty much about celebration. Activities, activities, fun, fun, you know, the usual stuffs.”

“Why haven’t I heard of it?” I said, scrunching my eyebrows.

“Because it’s top secret,” he said. “The students aren’t supposed to know about it. Only the committee members were told.”

“But you just told me.”

He smiled. “I know.”

I laughed at his answer. “So why aren’t you at school? I’m pretty sure you’re a member of the committee.”

“You’re right. I am. But since everyone’s going…” he trailed off, his hand rubbing the back of his neck. “I figured you’d be alone. So I told them I’d rather stay.”

See? Isn’t he the sweetest?

“What? Wouldn’t you get in trouble?” I said, standing up.

He chuckled at my reaction. “Relax. I won’t get in trouble. Kyuhyun promised he’ll take care of my attendance.”

“Kyuhyun?”

He laughed some more. “He’s not really a bad guy, you know.”

“Until I’ve seen proofs, I’m going to stick with my own convictions.” I said, sitting down again.

“Well, going back to the current issue, are we going out for ice cream or what?” he asked with a smile.

I smiled. “I love ice cream.”

So we went out. And that’s how I spent the rest of the day.

~Kyuhyun’s POV~

Aish. Saturday was so tiring. If it weren’t for Henry’s request, I would have ditched the committee activities and played Starcraft all day. And now, even though it’s Sunday, we have to go back and finish all the preparations. Stupid event.

No, wait. I should stop blaming the festival. After all, the ultimate prank wouldn’t be possible without it. Okay~ I shall get to work. Kekeke. >:D

~Donghae’s POV~

As we headed for our headquarters, Kyuhyun immediately ran the opposite direction.

“Kyuhyun-ah! Where are you going?” Leeteuk-hyung yelled.

“Be right back, Hyung. Have important matters to do,” he yelled back, waving, at the same time wearing an evil grin.

I wonder what that kid’s up to. Anyway, we should hurry up, you is all alone right now. I wish I could have stayed like what Kibum did yesterday. Too bad Leeteuk-hyung didn’t agree.

~No One’s POV~

The guys quickly finished their tasks. Kyuhyun managed to complete his “secret” preparation without anyone getting suspicious. And so Sunday passed and it was Monday.

They had just finished breakfast and were heading towards the gate when Kyuhyun’s phone suddenly rang. It was Henry.

“Why did you tell me to call you, Kyu?” Henry asked, on the other line.

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Because today’s the day you’re going to have your wish. So I need to tell you what to do.”

“Really? You already asked Heechul-ssi if he likes you and he said no?”

“No. Forget that silly thing. What I’m about to tell you will make your chance in getting a date with her 100%.”

Henry’s mood perked up. “Really?!”

“Yes. Now listen. There’s a map in your locker. Once you arrive at school, take the map and follow the directions.”

“That’s it?”

“Yes. For now, that’s it. You’ll understand later why. Bye Henry~” Kyuhyun sang, excited with his plan.

~Your POV~

Wow. It’s hard to believe the preparations only took two days. The university looked amazing. Balloons, banners, booths. They’re everywhere. Aside from that, there were also a lot of people.

“Why are there a lot of people?” I asked Donghae who was beside me.

“Because today and probably the rest of the week, the university is open to everyone. We’re celebrating the 25th anniversary of the school. Didn’t Kibum tell you that?”

“He did. It’s just that, this is really hard to believe. I mean it’s only the 2nd week of school, after all. So what do we do exactly?” I couldn’t stop looking around. I’m telling you again, there are so many people.

“Same. We attend our subjects. But instead of having classes, we do different activities.”

“What kind of activities?”

“It depends on your subject for that specific time. But the activities are hardly related to the subjects. Some are doing cafes, horror houses, future-telling houses and others. Some subjects would probably do a play, a concert, and other stuffs. So it’s really up to your subjects. Whether you’ll end up practicing for your event or your event is already laid out for you guys. Either way, we won’t have any classes,” he explained.

“Wow, I’ve never heard of this before,” I said.

“Well, this is a different university, after all. But not to worry, you have me,” he said, giving me a smile.

“And me,” Ryeowook chimed in.

I giggled. “Right.”

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This chapter probably doesn't have much in it but I needed to introduce the Quarter Festival because a lot of things will happen in it. So anyway, wait for next update, okay? ^^ Thanks :)