^^7

Being EXO's daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Kids, stop pulling your sister apart.’ Chanyeol said to the twins and they finally stopped. ‘Now, let’s go have lunch first then we go ride the rides together.’ He continued and the twins finally nodded. ‘Ok, daddy.’

So, the EXO’s members and the kids went to have lunch first as the kids were suggesting what ride to go first while Nelia just stared down at her fries.

‘Nelia, is everything ok?’ Kai asked her as she was sitting across him and she just nodded. ‘Is something wrong? Do you have any problem?’ Nelia just smiled and shook her head. ‘Are you sure? You know, you can tell us.’

Nelia sighed and a tear suddenly rolled down her cheeks when she sniffled. She quickly wiped it away before her younger siblings saw it. The members begin to worry about her.

‘Nelia, is something wrong?’ Suho asked Nelia and she smiled. ‘It just that… I just remember that…’ She tried to answer, but she can’t say it, like someone would said, ‘Cat got your tongue?’

‘Come baby girl, we won’t be mad at you if you’re having a problem.’ Sehun said to her and she sighed. ‘I just remembered that today is my parents’ 18th death memorial and I still can’t remember where their graves are. Kevin oppa is still on his business trip and Angel mama won’t come home until this Sunday.’ Nelia confessed and sighed before more tears rolled down her cheeks. ‘Excuse me.’ Nelia got up from her seat and ran to the bathroom.

‘Appa, is Nelia eonni ok?’ Nari asked Baekhyun and he just nodded. ‘She just got something her eyes.’ Baekhyun said to his daughter and she nodded along with the other kids. ‘Emm… Kids, Appa are doing to look for something and you guys stay here until we come back, ok? Don’t run off to somewhere. Nam Young, you’re in charge.’ Suho said and the kids nodded. ‘If Nelia come back, ask her to wait too.’ XiuMin added.

So, the members leave the table and walked somewhere slightly away from the kids.

‘I didn’t know today was her parents’ death memorial.’ Chanyeol said as he was surprised. ‘Angel didn’t even say anything.’ He took out his phone and smiled. ‘Oh wait… She did. Yesterday.’

‘Where’s the cemetery?’ D.O asked and he checked on it. ‘It’s in Busan.’  Chanyeol answered and nodded before putting his phone back. ‘Let’s bring her there.’ Kai said and looked at the other and they nodded. ‘What about the kids?’ Chen asked. ‘How about we go after this? That way, the kids will be asleep from exhaustion in the car.’ Lay suggested and the other thought for a while before nodding.

‘What about the offering?’ Baekhyun asked and they looked at each other. ‘Maybe we can buy some flowers for her to give them?’ Chen suggested and they nodded. ‘Sehun and I will go buy the flowers and we can put it the car later.’ Lay said and the other went back to the table, while the two of them went to buy the basket of roses.

Nelia was back at the table, feeding Na Hyun some mash potato when the members came back. She smiled when they came back and made a funny face as she was trying to get Na Hyun to chew her food. Na Hyun laughed instead of eating.

 ‘Na Hyun, eat your mashed potato.’ Nelia said as she giggled. Suprisely, Na Hyun obeyed and swallowed her food. ‘Good girl.’ Na Hyun clapped before Nelia fed her some more. An hour later, they finally went to ride the rides together as the EXO was trying to keep out with their kids.

‘I’m not young as I used to be…’ Baekhyun panted as the nine of them stopped to catch their breath and the other nodded. ‘At this rate, we will be the one sleeping in the car with the kids.’ Kai added and laughed a little.

A few hours later, after all the rides were ride, they finally decided to go home. The ride home was quiet and peaceful as the kids were sleeping of exhaustion, but that doesn’t stop the members from taking Nelia to her parents’ graves to do a memorial service. Nelia fell asleep as Nam Young’s head was on her lap. She suddenly woke up when she felt someone patting on her shoulder and when she slowly her eyes, she saw Lay was standing at the mini van’s door.

‘Where are we? Are we home yet?’ She asked with her half sleepy voice. But instead of answering, Lay put his finger to his lips to keep her quiet and waving for her to come out. Nelia confusedly looked at him before slowly putting Nam Young on the stuffed animal that she won and slowly walked out the van. To her surprise, the minute she got the van, she saw tombstones everywhere until her eyes stopped at two familiar tombstones. Lay gave her the basket of roses that he and Sehun bought and walked behind her with the other.

*Nelia’s POV*  

*Nainai (Grandmother) / Yeye (Grandfather)*

It took me a while to realize that papa took me to Busan that evening. As I slowly walked into the temple, Lay papa gave me a basket of roses and let me to walk up front alone.

‘Daddy? Mummy?’ I softly called and smiled as a tear rolled down my cheeks. ‘Happy 18th anniversary, mum and dad.’ I mumbled and put the basket down before getting on my knees in front of them. ‘Sorry for being late… Angel mama is oversea this time and Kevin oppa is still on his business trip. So, EXO papa brought me by surprise, right after we went to Lotte World with the kids.’ I ended up telling them about my day and about transferring to a new school.

Just then, I felt like someone hugged me from behind and I turned to see them. To my surprise again, my grandparents were with me.

‘Nainai?? Yeye??’  I called and they smiled as tears rolled down their cheeks. ‘When did you get here? Angel mama didn’t say anything about you guys coming.’ I asked and sniffled.

‘Your Kevin gege brought us here just now.’ Nainai answered and I turned to the back, just to see Kevin oppa talking to EXO papa. ‘We’re so happy to see you again. It’s been 4 years since we first met you and grateful to come here to celebrate your parents’ anniversary this year.’ Yeye added and wiped away my tears.

I found out about me being Angel mama’s niece and my parents when I was 14 years old. At that time, I went to Beijing with Angel mama for the summer holiday and I was surprised myself when I first heard about the news, so does Angel mama.

*Flashback*

‘Ma… Pa…’ Angel mama greeted her parents as soon as we arrived at a beautiful banglo while I was standing there beside her. ‘Sue Lin, you’re back! You’re finally back!’ Her mother shouted and hugged her like never before.

‘I’m sorry for not visiting in the past.’ Angel mama replied and wiped away her tears before pulling away. ‘Ma… Pa… I want you to meet my daughter, step daughter to be exactly.’ I smiled and bowed at the two of them.

‘You’re married??’ Her father asked and Mama smiled shyly. ‘What’s your name, dear?’ He turned to me and smiled at me.

‘My name is Nelia Yi Xiao Mei.’ I answered as I bowed and their smile disappeared. I confusedly looked at Angel mama and back to them. ‘Xiao Mei… You’re Xiao Mei??’ Her mother asked me and I nodded before begin pulled into a hug by her. ‘I can’t believe we finally met you after all these years.’ She continued and I frosted in place.

‘What do you mean? Ma, you know Nelia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter