^^19

Being EXO's daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One faithful day, D.O stayed with Nelia while the other brought Luhan home since he refused to leave the hospital from the day she was admitted. As he was reading a book, he would take a few glances at Nelia until he noticed that Nelia’s fingers twitched. D.O quickly went to her bedside and continued to stare at her. Just then, her eyes slowly opened and blinked a few times as she was getting used of the lights.

‘Nelia? You finally woke up.’ D.O said to her when Nelia turned to him. But then, his smile faded away when she looked at him with a confused look. ‘W-who a-are you?’ She slowly asked him and held her head as she felt a sight headache.

‘You stay right there, I’m going to call the doctor.’ D.O said and ran out the room to find Dr. Kwon, who was in charge of Nelia before calling the other.

‘What’s your name? How old are you?’ Dr. Kwon asked Nelia as he examined her. ‘Do you feel a slight headache recently?’ She turned to him and nodded. ‘Do you remember your name?’ Nelia hung her down before shaking her head.

‘I can’t remember.’ She mumbled and looked up at Dr. Kwon again. He turned to the members who were confused as her. ‘Do you recognize any of the guys behind me?’ He asked again and she turned to look at the members before shaking her head slowly.

‘Guys, I think she don’t remember us.’ Chen said to them and they gasped. ‘Don’t say that. She still remembers us.’ XiuMin replied. Dr. Kwon walked back to them and the members immediately asked him about Nelia. ‘She may be suffering from a temporary memories lose, but we don’t know if it’s short term or long term. I will have to let she stay for a couple more days to run some tests.’ He answered and the members nodded. ‘But for this time being, don’t try and make her to remember anything. It will give her a headache. Maybe try to be her friend and gain her trust on you guys.’ The members nodded again and Dr. Kwon excused himself.

They turned back to her and sighed. Nelia stared before hanging her head down as she played with her fingers.

‘Are you sure that you don’t remember any of us?’ Suho asked calmly and she slowly nodded. ‘Even if I do remember, I won’t ask who you are.’ She replied and sighed. ‘What’s your name?’ Baekhyun suddenly asked.

‘I think it’s Im Seul Bi.’ She answered and they sighed. ‘No, it’s not. That’s your mother’s name.’ Chanyeol replied and her eyes widen. ‘Are you sure? So, where is she?’ She asked back.

‘Your parents died in a car accident when you were little. You were put in an orphanage and we adopted you. Your real name is Nelia Yi Xiao Mei, but Luhan hyung changed your last name to his last name when you moved to Beijing with him.’ Sehun explained to her directly as he was furious that their eldest daughter can’t remember them. ‘You got into an accident that put you in coma for a month and a half. Just please remember something about us! We can’t even go to work since we were worrying about you and scared that we won’t be able to see you again! Now, you finally woke up just to tell us that you don’t know us! The one, who took care of you, feed you, educated you and protected you!’

‘Sehun, that’s enough. Remember what Dr. Kwon said.’ Kai said to him as he held on to Sehun. ‘I just wanted her to remember us again! We’re her fathers, her dads and her papa!’ He shouted. ‘But that’s not the proper way! She will remember, but it’s going to take some time!’ Kai shouted back.

‘SHUT UP!!’ Nelia shouted as she covered her ears and closed her eyes tightly. The members turned to her and noticed that she was sobbing. ‘Just stop, ok?! Leave me alone?!!’ She continued as she cried before lying down and covered herself. Suho asked the members to go out before going to her bedside. ‘I’m sorry for our behalf. I know you have a lot to think about, but I promise you that we are never going to force you to remember about us again. We will be right there when you need us; I’ll leave my phone for you, just in case you want to need someone to accompany you. You can dial any one of the other, ok?’ Suho puts his phone on her nightstand sighed. ‘I’m sorry again. Have a good rest.’ Suho hesitated to caress her covered head and slowly put his hand down before leaving.  

*Your POV*

I woke up looking at someone I don’t know and looked at him confused. His eyes were big and it looks like it’s going to pop out. I asked him who he was before feeling a slight headache. He ran out the room after telling me to go anyway and returned with a doctor.

The doctor began examined me and asked me a few minutes about my biodata and about the group of guys who came. I shook my head as I don’t know any of them. Just then, he went over to the group and told them something. The guys seem to have a curious and worried looks on their faces, but I just can’t put my mind into remembering something about them.

Dr. Kwon leaves the room, leaving me with 10 strangers. I stared at them as I played with my fingers and hung my head down when they stared back.

‘Are you sure that you don’t remember any of us?’ One of them asked and I slowly nodded. ‘Even if I do remember, I won’t ask who you are.’ I replied and sighed. Just then, they asked about my name.

*My name? I don’t know?! What’s my name?*

I was battling my mind about my name until one name suddenly came into my mind.

‘I think it’s Im Seul Bi.’ I answered, but they sighed. *What? Did I got it wrong? It’s not my name?*

‘No, it’s not. That’s your mother’s name.’ The yoda like ears said and my eyes widen. *My mother? She married all of them?* ‘Are you sure? So, where is she?’ I bravely asked them back.

‘Your parents died in a car accident when you were little. You were put in an orphanage and we adopted you. Your real name is Nelia Yi Xiao Mei, but Luhan hyung changed your last name to his last name when you moved to Beijing with him.’ *So, I was adopted? By them? Say what?!*

‘You got into an accident that put you in coma for a month and a half. Just please remember something about us! We can’t even go to work since we were worrying about you and scared that we won’t be able to see you again! Now, you finally woke up just to tell us that you don’t know us! The one, who took care of you, feed you, educated you and protected you!’ *Me? Accident? Coma? What?!*

Just then, my head suddenly to hurt and the pain was unbearable.  I covered my ears and closed my eyes tightly as I tried to lessen the pain. But it wasn’t helping as two of the guys started to shout at each other.

‘SHUT UP!!’ I shouted. I felt them turning their attention to me. ‘Just stop, ok?! Leave me alone?!!’ I covered myself with the cover as I lay down and continued to cry as the pain continued.

‘I’m sorry for our behalf. I know you have a lot to think about, but I promise you that we are never going to force you to remember about us again. We will be right there when you need us; I’ll leave my phone for you, just in case you want to need someone to accompany you. You can dial any one of the other, ok?’ The one who asked me earlier and I heard his footsteps slowly disappeared as he walked out the room.

The pain in my head continued even after they leave. I cried before the pain could lessen and fell asleep through the night. On the next day, I woke up hearing someone’s phone ringing. I slowly got up as I rubbed my eyes and turned to my nightstand. *He really left his phone…* The phone continued to ring and I lazily picked the phone and answered the call.

‘Joon Myeon?! What the hell happened to Nelia?! She’s all over the news!’ A deep voice asked through the phone with an angry tone. He doesn’t sound like Korean since he’s accent sound foreign.   ‘Yah! Answer me?!’

‘Who is this?’ I asked.

‘Nelia? Baby girl? What happened to you? Are you ok?’ He suddenly asked. * Nelia? Baby girl?*

‘I think you got the wrong person. I’m not Nelia and the owner of this phone leaved his phone in my room.’ I replied. ‘Try calling to the other guys, maybe they know where Nelia is.’

‘No, you are Nelia. You sound like her.’ He continued and I sighed. *What’s this guy? Can he just hang up and call the other?* ‘Listen mister, I’m sorry to say this but I’m not Nelia. I don’t remember my name or who I am. So, can you please try calling the other?’ I said to him and hung up before he could answer.

After the phone call, I decided to check the gallery. There were a lot of pictures of him and his family and the other guys. I flipped through all the pictures until one picture caught my attention. It was a picture of a baby and teenager girl. The two was lying on their belly and smiled at the camera. Then, I noticed the picture was edited as there was a caption saying.

My two precious girls Nelia & Nami   18. 03. 2014  -

My eyes started to gather up tears and I felt like crying. *What’s wrong with me? Why am I crying?* I sniffled and quickly wiped away my tears when I heard a knock o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter